PDA

View Full Version : Why You Love Shiva Bhagavan ?

shian
17 May 2012, 08:58 PM
Har Har Mahadev

He is Greatest and Highest, but He is very humble
Teach us how to devotee to all beings
Teach us how to use skillfull means to teach different beings
Greatest wisdom who teach us in many amazing ways
He is Great Valor

and

He is Ganesh
He is Jagadmata (Mother Universe)

Eastern Mind
17 May 2012, 09:10 PM
Vannakkam Shian: This ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-qrBQABD0

I've posted it before. But I never tire of it.

Aum Namasivaya

Vitani
17 May 2012, 09:27 PM
Namaste Shian

I love Shiva because Shiva loves me. Shiva called to me even before I knew much about Him. He has always been there. He is very patient, very kind, and never loses His patience with me.

shian
17 May 2012, 10:50 PM
Vanakkam,

Eastern Mind, thank you for the link, i must watch it later (now i cant open youtube link in here)

@Vitani,

Thank you, Bhagavan Mahesvara never tired to teach and lead us ,
All beings will realize that never separate with Him
He is great but not attached by some fake respect and fake devotion
He dont care if anyone put Him down because He is Great and The Lord of everythings, He will smile see us (except the peoples who dont respect Him) and we will realize that every beings never get away from His palm.

realdemigod
18 May 2012, 10:27 AM
I love Lord Shiva because thinking about Him makes my body tickling with pleasure sensations and at the same time brings tears into my eyes all ever blissful Supreme Lord :D

shian - the images you posted where is the statue located?

This video takes your soul to the infinity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQLbbDHdOMw

Mana
18 May 2012, 10:51 AM
हरिः ओम्

Namaste shian,

For wholeness; to be complete. Everything for universal Śiva; so as to better know myself, reflected in his nature.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Shanti29
18 May 2012, 02:18 PM
This is like the great poets of yore trying to describe romantic love. My love for Lord Shiva is so intense, so beautiful and pure. Where would I begin or end on the infinite Shiva? He is a reflection of my best self. I think about Him constantly.

My favourite desktop background:
http://www.ghumakkar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/0a.Lord-Rama-and-Lord-Shiva.jpg

ShivaFan
18 May 2012, 08:43 PM
I love Lord Shiva because I love Valli who is love itself. She is love, and Lord Shiva was with Her at the moment She married the wonderful Lord Muruga. She always tells everyone, if you love Me than you must love Him.

I love Lord Shiva because Ram tells His devotees to love The Great Lord. Because Rama loves Lord Shiva, I listen to the advice of those Who know much more than a simple fool that I am.

I love Lord Shiva because my companion and guardian is the Brahmacharya Lord Hanuman. Lord Hanuman verily is the ashen Lord Himself.

I love Lord Shiva because I love Nandi. Nandi waits in front of the temple. Nandi is very special. If I enter THAT temple, I know that INSIDE will be the Lord of the Mountains and the Lord of the Animals. Once my fathers lived as men in the wild with the animals our friends and fellow travellers. That was a long time ago. Lord Shiva taught us to look inside. He is loved by Mother Saraswati Herself. She learned great secrets from His example. Some of these She shared with holy ones who gave me a chance to become civilized. I love Him because of that.

I love Lord Shiva because I love The Great Mother Annapurna. She is our Mother of special intent. she loves Him, so Zi am not afraid.

I love Lord Shiva, because the savior Vishnu loves Him. Vishnu came to Kasi because it was the place where Shiva is the Lord of Light. Becuse I love Kashi, I love The Lord of Kashi. I pray that my ashes be thrown into the Ganga at Manikarnika in Kasi. I love the Great Lord, it is my hope that at the moment of death He tells me the Taraka mantra.

There are many reasons why I love Lord Shiva. Because a great guru once said I should. This wise man was once a dancer. He came directly in contact with God in Sri Lanka. Now he is with Him. I suspect he is dancing again over on the far shore. He was right, there is much to gain if you love the one called Shiva. He was right.

I love Lord Shiva, because I love all the Devas. I love Krishna, I love Ganapti, I love every Devi and the holy ones.

But most of all I love Lord Shiva because my friends are the devotees of the Lord. They are friends in this journey, and I will not be alone. There is nothing greater than a friend. Some friends, I think I have known them a long, long time.

shian
20 May 2012, 10:04 PM
Dear, Real Demigod, i dont know the location
but must be India, i have seen this rupang also in photo, and many devotee doing aarati before these rupang.

Vitani
21 May 2012, 06:19 AM
I love those two photos :)

shian
22 May 2012, 03:52 AM
|| Turning Life's Poisons into the Nectar of Soma ||

:: Shiva as the Drinker of Poison ::

Shiva is the great ecstatic deity of Yoga, the supreme Lord of the highest inner energy and transformation. He has the deepest experience of bliss (ananda) as his constant state of being. He is the foremost drinker of the Soma, the amrita or mystic nectar which is the delight inherent in all existence. For him everything is bliss or grants bliss. He knows how to extract the Soma everywhere.

Yet Shiva is also Nilakantha, the Deva whose throat is blue from being able to drink poison and not be harmed by it. He is not only the foremost drinker of the Soma but also the best drinker of poison. He can drink any poison and survive, in fact flourish.

There is an important connection between these two aspects of Shiva and several lessons to be drawn from them in our own experience.

Actually everything in life is or can be poison. Even our most blissful and happy experiences of love, prosperity or vitality as limited by time and death can become poison. Brooding over the joys of the past can be as painful as going over the sorrows. The end of our success or fulfillment itself can cause a greater pain than failure and loss in the first place.

At the same time everything in life is nectar or Soma. Even our most painful experiences of death, sorrow, parting, iniquity, brutality and tragedy contain an immortal nectar that we can draw from them. There is in these painful events also the rasa of being able to connect to what transcends this mortal vale of tears. There is the ecstasy of the witness and of knowing a Divine grace is always with us to save us and take us beyond.

Shiva is also the great lord of time. He is eternity and he is the present moment. As the eternal, he extracts the essence from the fleeting dance of time. He holds eternity as he dances through every moment, never losing his equipoise or missing a step. In dynamic stillness he olds both being and becoming. He is the nectar of eternity and the poison of time. Time turns eternity into poison. Eternity turns time into nectar.

Shiva’s most famous chant is the Rudram from the Yajur Veda. This set of ancient, cryptic and melodic Vedic mantras honors Rudra, the fierce form of Lord Shiva, in all the terrible, dangerous and challenging aspects of life like sorrow, pain and conflict, in the snakes and the wild beasts, in the butcher and the thief, in natural calamities, in sickness, separation and death – in all that life can use to take us down.

It is only after one has gone through the trial and tribulation that one can find real peace. It is only after one has taken in the poison and transformed it that one can find the inner nectar. Yet this is not a matter of stoically enduring sorrow, having a stiff upper lip or being thick skinned so as not to be hurt by anything. It is a matter of positive joy in which one rests in the poignancy of all experience, in the delight of being, and the beautiful light of consciousness that pervades everything. Doing this in the happy side of life is one thing. Finding it even in the unhappy side is another. One must be able to feel the pain without becoming pained by it. One must touch happiness in sorrow, delight in pain and love even in rejection.

:: Rasa and Bhava ::

Life presents us with various rasas (essences) and bhavas (feelings and emotions) through which our experiences are colored. It is the rasa and the bhava that matters, not simply the form. The rasa is the nectar hidden in the flower of our experience. Do we imbibe that nectar or simply pick the flower and watch it fade? How we handle our experience is more important than what that experience is in its own right.

Great Tantrics like Abhinavagupta teach us the secret of all the rasas. In this regard, all emotions are rasas. The nine emotional rasas are love, anger, disgust, courage, joy, fright, compassion, wonder and peace. Like a great artist or performer one must come to understand and be able to express all these rasas in their full scope. Then emotion becomes a tool of divine feeling and eternal joy which raises us up, not a poison that brings us down. These emotions belong to the Divine artist. When we expropriate them at an ego level, they become poisons. We must not be incapable even of negative emotions like anger or fear, but we must touch the energy behind them, not contract in the circumstances which create them.

In Tantra, emotion is the main area in which our life energy, our prana or Shakti is held. Suppressing emotion is like suppressing life. It causes death. But expressing raw emotion at an ego level is also destructive and disintegrating. The key is to go to the rasa of the emotion in the dance of Shiva, in which the Shakti will naturally be released.

Of course, the nature of the experience we seek is important. We should seek out the higher rasas or immortal influences in life: the beauty of nature, the sacred energy of temples, the company of spiritually exalted souls, meditating on great teachings or contemplating great works of art. We should not waste our time running after what is vulgar, petty, trivial or superficial. Yet we should not become fixated upon it negatively by opposing it, by being judgmental, moralistic or hypersensitive. We must look for the higher rasa and pursue it, not worry about the lower rasa.

The problem is that our lives today have little of any real rasa in them. They lack any inner juice, vitality or substance as it were. We are caught in a mundane world of personal assertion and acquisition that leaves us overextended if not exhausted. We have little free time to experience much less enjoy life. We are constantly on the run working, going to and from work, keeping our lives in order, avoiding disease and in our little free time, we pursue pleasure outwardly as a distraction to give us some space from our hectic routines. The rasas that we pursue are either financial or media based, measured in money or social recognition. These rasas do not engage the soul, leave out our real heart and so we end up empty in the end in spite of all the apparent abundance around us.

The most we get is the comfort of good entertainment for which we are usually little more than a passive spectator. We may count our gains in wealth but our time is bleeding away and with it any possibility of a deeper existence drains off as well. We have forgotten to nourish our inner being for which the rasa is the food.

:: Dealing with Life's Poisons ::

We cannot avoid some poison in life, whatever we do. Even if we pursue the inner life, we have to deal with the poison of negative emotions from family or friends who feel that we are leaving them behind. If we cannot handle this poison, then our spiritual search comes to an end and we fall back into the confines of ordinary emotions, becoming merely puppets of the needs and desires of others. If we endure this negative force, like Mirabai confined in her room for her love of Krishna, we will find that Krishna will come to us wherever we are. But that requires a special courage that few are able to find. It is easier to conform then to chart out new inner worlds.

Yet even if we only pursue the outer life, there is the jealousy and enmity of others that we run into in the business, academic or media worlds; wherever it is that we are stationed. If we try to avoid facing the poison of life, we must hide from everything and the poison will seep in from somewhere anyway.

We have many poisons to contend with in our ordinary life struggles. For this we have doctors, lawyers, accountants, public relation firms, bodyguards or even armies to help us. Yet these only entrench us and our opposition in the struggle. Often what we thought was nectar turns into poison with failed relationships, failed businesses or friends that become enemies.

We end up projecting our own poison on the world as well. We usually find more pleasure and comfort in the pain and failures of others than in their successes. We find more entertainment in destruction than creation, which our modern movies so clearly reflect.

Our entire culture is hurling poison on our environment with a callous insensitivity. This takes many forms as the pollution of the air, water or soils from toxic chemicals of all kinds, as agitated radio waves from our mass media and communication networks crowding the atmosphere, or as the noise, junk, debris and garbage that we mindlessly use to lay waste to nature. Do we really think that this poison will not affect us or that we can achieve the nectar of health or happiness while we are spreading it?

Our bodies are often swimming in poison from the many pharmaceutical or recreational drugs that we take, from our fast food that is devoid of prana, or from the air or noise from the polluted world around us. We pursue detoxification at the level of health, not realizing that this is just the tip of a greater problem.

So we must ask: What is the secret how to handle the poison and find the nectar? Shiva’s throat is blue from having drunk the poison. The poison never reaches his heart. He holds it at the level of the throat. The inner heart or hridaya, the heart of Shiva, the seat of the soul or Atman is ever free of this poison. It is untouched by whatever happens in the realm of time, space and action. Yet it is their essence as well.

This pure awareness is the rasa of rasas. It is the illuminating power of light, the life-giving power of water, the warmth and radiance of fire and the unpredictable impetuous power of the wind. It is the love which embraces life and death, joy and sorrow. It is the prana of prana, the eye of the eye, the mind of the mind as the Upanishads say. It is the beauty of the young woman, the strength of the young man, the fearlessness of the lion, the shade of a vast tree, the stability of a high mountain. Whatever rasa or essence is in anything making anything into the unique thing that it is, this pure awareness or Shiva consciousness is the supreme rasa.

But unless we reach that center of the heart of Shiva the poison will affect us. We must learn to hold the poison at the level of the throat and not let it reach the heart. This is to turn the poison to nectar at the level of the throat. The throat is the seat of the buddhi or discriminating mind in yogic thought.

:: The Poison and the Nectar ::

We must learn to discriminate the nectar from the poison in our experience. Both factors are always there in whatever happens to us. Will we embrace the immortal nectar or the poison of transience? This is the basic choice we have in life, the basic action of our inner intelligence which determines the real value of all that we attempt.

The problem for us is that we think that what is poison is actually nectar. And what is nectar for us is actually poison. When the bearer of the Divine wine cup offers us the ecstatic drink, we turn away from it as poison. Instead we imbibe our mundane poisons as nectar, going after food that makes us sick, or experiences that land us up in sorrow. We first need the discrimination to know what is really nectar and what is really poison.

This requires already having developed a taste for the immortal nectar, which means that our cravings for the mortal nectars, the hidden poisons, has waned. It requires aspiring for something beyond ordinary humanity and our mundane affairs.

Actually nothing is really poison and nothing is really nectar. Whether anything is poison or nectar depends upon how we see and use it. The inner vision in going to the essence pursues the nectar. The outer vision in holding to the form ends up with poison. True discrimination is not a matter of analysis but a change of vision.

Shiva is the mountain God and Soma grows on the mountain. The mountain in one sense is the meditative mind. The mountain is the mind in its state of stillness which allows the Soma to flow. This is the mind merged into the heart, not the intellectual mind caught up in its own concepts. This state of stillness allows the Soma to come forth. Whatever we respond to with a deep silence and peace must become Soma for us. In Vedic thought, Soma is extracted by being crushed between two rocks. The rock is the mind like a mountain, which is also the philosopher’s stone that can transmute base metal into gold, which is another metaphor like turning poison to nectar or darkness into light.

How do we reach that inner heart of Shiva? It is first by embracing death and sorrow. Let the poison put an end to that which must die. Let the poison poison itself as it were. If one becomes the death of death, then there is nothing left over that can die.

This means being able to withdraw from our senses, vital urges and mental impulses into that aspect of our nature which is eternal, into the presence of Shiva within us. However, this is not to deny the senses, emotions or mind. It is to hold to the rasas or essences that they reveal. This using the rasas to withdraw within in is another Tantric secret. It also uses the rasas to expand our awareness to the entire universe around us. It makes Yoga not into a dry asceticism but an alchemical search for cosmic delight.

The real poison is that of the ego itself, which is the outer self born of desire, time and karma. Whatever the ego becomes fixated on becomes a kind of poison. This ego is not our true Self or real individuality, the real person within us. It is the poisoned or toxic self which reflects the influence of the forces of time and disintegration around us. We must learn to let that ego-self go along with its poisons and hold to the deeper longings of the soul behind its outer actions.

This means that we must learn to accept our share of poisons in life. It is not that life has some special vendetta against us. Enmity, opposition and resistance pervade this world that is built on duality. One cannot be in this world and not encounter such forces.

And we must understand that the poison is most likely to come from those close to us, whether those working in the same field who feel competition with us, or our friends and family members with whom we are connected to at personal emotional levels that can easily agitate us. It is not our enemies, whom we are already cautious with, who can poison us but our friends that we trust, if that trust is not rooted in a spiritual bond.

Should others be critical of us and hurl insults against us, why should it matter? We all share the same human weaknesses. There is not one who cannot be criticized and who is free of blame. But we should not take these poisons personally. They are part of the rasas of life. Even the venom of a snake has great healing powers if taken in small dosages. Poison can activate Prana and get us to make changes.

:: Shambhu and Nilakantha ::

Yet whatever poison is projected upon us, we must first wish the other person well for it. We must assume the attitude of Shiva, the giver of peace and happiness, when dealing with the negative attitudes of others. We must not embrace the poison or even try to fight against it. This form of Shiva is called Shambhu or the giver of blessings. His state of being is Shambhavi or the state of granting blessings from one’s vision, holding to the stillness of the rasa in the dynamic flow of the Shakti.

When life’s poisons come to us, let us remember Nilakantha, lord Shiva. Let us remember that whatever poison we do not react to but rather look for the nectar hidden behind it becomes neutralized. The ocean can take in even muddy waters. If we ourselves develop the Soma, the lesser minded may feel us as a poison. As we learn to discover this essence, we may find the ordinary actions to lose their attraction or we may find them to reflect a greater cosmic passion and delight of which they are but a reflection.

It is the Soma that endures. If we find and hold to our Soma, the poisons may challenge us but cannot enter into us. Shiva in the heart is Soma. We must learn how to work with both Nilakantha and Soma. Nilakantha takes us to Soma.

madhavpr
28 June 2012, 02:36 AM
Because He and Mata Parvati are my parents and you don't need reasons to love your parents. :) :)

If I have to learn just one thing from Lord Shiva, it would be to digest all poisons of life (as said by Shree Shian) and convert them into nectar, amrit or Soma..

Om Namah Shivaya.. Jai Mata Gauri.

- Madhav

satay
28 June 2012, 09:22 AM
namaste,
Because he accepts asura, manav and deva as his disciples.

kundanghanekar
06 July 2012, 09:56 AM
For me , he is the feeling. Because of that i can feel him any time. He always give me signal that when he wants to meet me(everyday is mahadev day). There is no compulsion for me to go on monday to meet my god.

Spiritualseeker
14 July 2012, 03:20 PM
Namaste,

I love Shiva, because he has brought me to hear about Him. He is Pure within and without. His love is the greatest and His gifts are the most abundant. He is always near to comfort. His awakening is everyone's awakening. He is the Lord over ascetics. The Sadhu and householder Shiva accepts all and is all. He is Lord of Soma. God of all Universes. He is the Eternal Truth. His five characters are the most auspicious.

Om Namah Shivaya
http://www.astrogems.com/wallpapers/shiva/Shira53.jpg

Vitani
14 July 2012, 09:59 PM
Namaste,

I love him because He is my teacher. I love him because he is always there when I need him; if I am hurt, I run to him and he comforts me. He is so very kind. I love him very much.

Shivoham.

IcyCosmic
15 July 2012, 04:11 AM
I love the great Lord Shiva because he is pleased by my actions even though they are often foolish and not fruitful. He is very patient & humble, and has always been at my side. I am eternally grateful to Lord Shiva the benevolent herdsman of souls, and the great ascetic with contradicatory and beautiful qualities of destruction and creation for none has showered me with the same amount of love.

Eastern Mind
15 July 2012, 07:33 AM
Vannakkam: I love Lord Siva, because deep inside my being, He has given me the knowledge of equal identity. I am in Him, and He is in me. One day this jiva will merge with that reality, and jiva becomes Siva, no longer existing on it's own. This knowledge is the underlying reason for sanity.

Aum Namasivaya

Vasa
17 July 2012, 12:57 AM
I love Shiva because it takes tremendous effort not to (I know, I tried it for most of my life). Surrendering myself to him is the easiest and most natural activity I've ever tried. I used to love Him because I thought he did good things for me, I used to love Him because he gifted me with so many things in this life and continued doing so even after I was not such a good son to him. Now I feel that he could take everything away and I would love Him even more. The deeper I delve into the mysteries of Shiva the more awestruck and grateful I become. He has been gently guiding me my entire life and my Past lives as well, no doubt. His infinite patience with me has allowed me to come to terms with my own existence and spirituality in a way I never thought possible. In a way, I love Shiva because my very manifestation is love for Shiva. I don't know how
To explain it better than that.

Viraja
17 July 2012, 02:11 PM
Although I am a Vaishnavaite, I love Lord Shiva too -- he is a paramayogi, although known to be very angry, he is also known as someone who easily gives boons. Thus I love him because he is a great yogi and then he blesses devotees easily. I know couple of Shavite families who recite Rudram every morning without fail and they are all doing very well in life.

ShriBala
27 July 2012, 03:15 PM
Lord Shiva.... He brings out the devotion even if it is embedded deep in the heart. Folks here would be familiar with the devotion of Kannappa nayanar to Lord Shiva. This person, who didn't know anything about the traditional worship, brought out so much of Bhakti to Lord Shiva's worship that it moved Him and brought Him in front of Kannappa and made Him endearingly call the devotee thrice as Kannappa. The story of Kannappa Nayanar is so beautiful and overwhelming to listen to and to think about.

Who can't be moved by such unblemished devotion and the God that evokes such feelings?

McKitty
27 July 2012, 04:51 PM
Vanakkam,

Hm, it's a very difficult question...I just cannot describe how and why I love Shivji...It's not that I don't know, I really can't describe this feeling. Everywhere He is here, in everyone He is here, wherever I turn my eyes He is here. I cannot describe something so vast, so beautiful and kind with only words...
I am so grateful to Him, just for being here. Just remembering Him brings so much brightness, I feel my heart beating faster, I can't say nothing, just joining hands and offer him my silence and a tear.

I think this can describe a little. Just folded hands, silence, and tears.

He came to me, an ignorant person, blinded in darkness. From the time he put the light of AUM in my mind my world changed. Like being born again.
He takes time for people around the world regardless of where they come from or look like. ...I cannot describe so much qualities, so much kindness! He is Omkara, He is Ishwara, He is the Deva of the Devas ! He is my Guru, my master, my friend, my husband, He is Father, Mother, everything.

Jai Shankar, Jai Mahadev !

AumNamahShivaya!

ShriBala
28 July 2012, 03:39 PM
But most of all I love Lord Shiva because my friends are the devotees of the Lord. They are friends in this journey, and I will not be alone. There is nothing greater than a friend. Some friends, I think I have known them a long, long time.

Namaskar ShivaFan. Here's hoping the supreme friend Lord Shiva will accompany and guide you on your journey to discover Him in you.

Talk about friendship and here we have Sundaramurti Nayanar a.k.a Sundarar, the saint who considered Lord Shiva as his friend and which was reciprocated in kind by the lord! Check this www.dlshq.org/download/nayanar.htm#_VPID_3

There indeed is something very mystical about the lord in the Shiva roopam. The nayanmars are a testimony to that. Similarly, the vaishnavites have the Azhwars/ Alwars and we have Andal devi who considered the lord as Her spouse and got married to Him!

Bhakti, indeed is wonderful. The lord/devi can be seen as a parent, friend, kid, sibling, spouse. Or all of this depending on which stage the devotee is in the worldy life.

shian
07 August 2012, 10:21 PM
Shri Bala Ji

thank you for the link,
i love to read the story of pure love of great devotee

Necromancer
02 January 2013, 09:43 AM
Aum Namah Shivaya.

Long story approaching and I shall bore you all only once with it.

I was destined to worship Lord Shiva from a very early age.

When I was 10 years old, I was taken to Malaysia by my family. It was the time of Thaipusam and we went and saw it....I got lost in the crowd.

I found my way to a Bel Murugan temple, where I saw things that went beyond all explanation and reasoning, like people mutilating themselves without blood, pain or anything. It was there, I saw my first picture of Lord Shiva and I was totally transfixed with awe and admiration.

Eventually, some priests found me and took me to the police station, where I was re-united with my parents...but I was a different person.

My next experience was in Bali at 13, where a Hindu Priest freaking knew my name (without me telling him) and he said I was surrounded by the 'Light of Shiva' and he gave me a necklace with an 'Aum' on it. All I could say was "woooah...awesome".

Then, at 16, I got totally lost in a 'mirror tunnel' by accident whilst getting my hair done and saw a vision of Shiva. Suffice to say, I felt so much peace and total happiness...before I passed out from the sheer overwhelming experience.

I joined ISKCON for a while and would meditate on Krishna, until I saw a picture of Shiva...then of course, it just wouldn't stop. I had to leave ISKCON
because of it.

I finally grew up and got married to an Indian Brahmin Priest (he was Vaishnav) but we encouraged each other's beliefs, because Shiva = Vishnu, even though we both had our own 'chosen deities', those were personal, but they boiled down to the same thing.

That marriage lasted for 17 yrs, before the abuse, religious arrogance and hypocrisy set in. I also saw 'Pujas' as nothing more than 'social events' attended by people who do nothing more than sit around and gossip in refinery. I was totally dishearted, disenfranchised and totally disgusted with the whole affair. I left Hinduism the same time I left my husband. There was no way I could fulfil Dharma.

I led the 'hedonistic life' for 10 years, trying to get as far away from all that as I could.

So, we now come to last December - about a month ago...

I was bored, on Youtube...so, I wanted to see if I could remember all the words to Lingashtakam, Rudrashtakam, Bilvashtakam, Atmashtakam and all the Shivashtakams I learned when I was married...I was very rusty, but after listening to them a few times and practicing, I got it all back...but I felt nothing.

Then I saw Kalabhairavashtakam and that was one I never heard or knew about...as soon as I heard it, my head, heart and everything felt like it had just exploded and I got a very distinct message that went: 'what the heck did I do to piss you off 10 yrs ago?'

I broke down and just cried...over and over...apologising so much and asking Lord Bhairava to always be with me and to never let me forget this day.

I am also going through a bad Saturn cycle, so I placed his Yantra on my Puja table...the timing of this, couldn't have been any more perfect.

I am sorry for the long-winded post (I will try to be brief in future) but that's why I love Shiva Bhagavan so much.

Aum Namah Shivaya.

sapansaxena
22 April 2013, 11:43 PM
More than why I love Lord Shiva, I have always felt that he loves me a lot.
My parents often tell me, how when I was a kid, and I dont remember this at all, I used to sleep with a picture of Shiva-Parvati near my bed.
As I grew up, the desire to have a locket of Mahadev grew and I forced my parents to buy one for me. I was just 8 then.

I studied in DAV Public School, and we had weekly havans in there. Thats when I started chanting Om Namah Shivay, I was only 9.

As I grew, the legends, the tales, the ideologies of Mahadev kept on increasing exponentially.

I think Mahadev chose to love me first, I am just thanking him for all his love, something which has grown beyond limits now

Vitani
23 April 2013, 07:44 PM
More than why I love Lord Shiva, I have always felt that he loves me a lot.
My parents often tell me, how when I was a kid, and I dont remember this at all, I used to sleep with a picture of Shiva-Parvati near my bed.
As I grew up, the desire to have a locket of Mahadev grew and I forced my parents to buy one for me. I was just 8 then.

I studied in DAV Public School, and we had weekly havans in there. Thats when I started chanting Om Namah Shivay, I was only 9.

As I grew, the legends, the tales, the ideologies of Mahadev kept on increasing exponentially.

I think Mahadev chose to love me first, I am just thanking him for all his love, something which has grown beyond limits now

Namaste

Beautiful post. Shiva is love :)

Pranams

Ra K Sankar
23 April 2013, 10:17 PM
Namaste

Fantastic thread. Well said, Siva is Love and Love is Siva.
Bhairava and MahaKaLi are the 2 Gods awake in this age, says Tantra.
Shani is a great Terminator, bringing everything to completion.:)

Aum Sivaaya
Ra K Sankar

ShivaFan
24 April 2013, 12:25 AM
Namaste Vitani

Quote Vitani "I think Mahadev chose to love me first".

I think you are right.

Om Namah Sivaya

Vitani
24 April 2013, 07:30 AM
Namaste Vitani

Quote Vitani "I think Mahadev chose to love me first".

I think you are right.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste,

I actually did not say that, but I agree with it :)

Spiritual Mantra
03 May 2013, 03:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt4ALNIdNp4

sapansaxena
07 May 2013, 11:32 PM
Really divine tune that!!
i loved it!

Daniel108
10 May 2013, 01:13 PM
Why do I love Paramashiva, well, he is the divine yogi :) But to be completely honest, I'm not sure why. I've always been drawn to His image. I guess I can also say that due to my attraction to Shaiva philosophy, especially the Trika, I was conditioned to love Paramashiva because the tradition does?