PDA

View Full Version : Starting A Temple @ College

AllHindu
28 May 2012, 10:51 AM
The Hindu Student Association @ Hunter College in New York City just got our club room which we well be converting to a Temple for the college community. Starting a HSA at your school and opening your own Temple is a great experience and it avoids the hassel of having to travel far for temple or having to pay temple fees. It also motivates you by making you part of the building process, not just a member of the finished project. Can't wait to start preparing the Temple this fall, will be great.

IcyCosmic
29 May 2012, 01:53 PM
Hey Vincent, glad you joined the forum. I'll try and open a little club when I go to university, too. It's definetely a good idea to bring the hindu community togethor. I saw your pictures and videos from your meetings looks like alot of fun meeting to bask in the glory of divine!

AllHindu
29 May 2012, 01:57 PM
Icy that would be great. Yeah, meeting people at university and building your club/temple from the ground up is a great experience. Actually, I think i have some video from the Ganesh Puja I never uploaded, let me see if I can find it now and post the link here

Maya3
30 May 2012, 01:25 PM
The Hindu Student Association @ Hunter College in New York City just got our club room which we well be converting to a Temple for the college community. Starting a HSA at your school and opening your own Temple is a great experience and it avoids the hassel of having to travel far for temple or having to pay temple fees. It also motivates you by making you part of the building process, not just a member of the finished project. Can't wait to start preparing the Temple this fall, will be great.

That is awesome! Could you go even if you don't study there?
Probably not...but I thought I'd ask.

Maya

McKitty
30 May 2012, 01:36 PM
I think i have some video from the Ganesh Puja I never uploaded, let me see if I can find it now and post the link here

Hello,

I'm very interested in those videos =0 Tell me if you decide to upload them ! Thank you and good luck for your project !
Unfortunately I can't do the same at my school, there are not very much hindus in my school...So it would be vain

Aum