PDA

View Full Version : The Sport of Krsna and Milkmaids

shian
13 June 2012, 07:48 PM
According to Tantric view,
By Sri Amritananda Sarasvati of Devipuram,

Yoga Aaraamam
Yoga is both play and rest.

This play aspect of Yoga is very interesting. Krishna was said to have enjoyed playing with 16000 milk maids. Let me stop and do a little calculation. Assuming I spend one night with a woman, I need 16000/365= 50 years to be with all the 16000. Assuming again that I start from the age of 15, I would be 65 by the time I finished the whole lot. How could I remain a child during all this time ? What a prurient model for the repressed society of India of 1998! Did he drink also ? Perhaps. There was no prohibition then. Do the 1000 million Hindus care ? How come he could have delivered the epic poem Bhagavad-Gita to Arjuna in the battlefield of deciding between right and wrong (Dharma kshetra) and between action and inaction (kuru kshetra)? Let us understand this play: when life is looked upon as play, all is rest.

In the neck, there is a 16 petal lotus; at the crown, a 1000 petal lotus. If we join lines from each petal of neck lotus to the petal in the crown lotus, we get 16000 lines. Each line is a path in the brain; it represents a thought pattern. What Krishna did then was to watch each of these thought patterns as erotic play described as enjoying with the milk maids. Why milk maids? Milk comes from breasts. So the loving interaction is at the heart level, the abodes of Sri Devi the protectress and Sri Lakshmi, the mother who gives plenty. Immunity from diseases and nourishment for the child both come from the breasts. So the milk maids.

The story goes that in the circle dance, The wheel of Sri there was a Krishna between each pair of milk maids. And between each pair of Krishnas there was a milk maid. Were there 16000 Krishnas then or did he clone himself that many times?

The word Krishna like the word Kali, means a dark, unknown power. The power of time, moving silently like a river through the great void of space. It is the great silence. Krishna is the silence which watches as the subject, and Kali the silence in which the observer is absent. The circle dance then means that between each pair of thoughts, there is subjective silence observing the neighboring thoughts, and between each pair of silences, there is a thought craving for the neighboring silences.

The story of Rasa leela of Krishna with the milk maids is a story of silence and thoughts alternating, in an erotic playfulness. The silence craves for thoughts; restless thoughts crave for silence. Eros, craving, is the fundamental nature of silence; and Thanatos, the death wish is the fundamental nature of thoughts. Doesn't each thought tend to end itself ? That is its death wish, the suicidal tendency of thoughts

philosoraptor
13 June 2012, 08:24 PM
Although the rAsa-lIla is described in detail in the bhAgavata purANa by Sri Vedavyasa, you won't find this analysis of it there. Nor will you find it in the erudite commentaries of any of its principal scholars. And that, I think, is quite telling.

saidevo
13 June 2012, 10:26 PM
namaste.

Here is an explanation of Bhagavatam's description of the rAsalIlA:
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/rasalila.htm

shian
13 June 2012, 10:38 PM
Vanakkam,

Thank you all, i respect all of explanations

All is for the Glory of Lord Krsna,
the lila of Krsna is full of art , sacred meanings and tantric side.
Not all peoples will understand it and accept it...
so under many different basic of peoples, everyone will have different understanding state toward God. Even one and another will difficult to understand how they realize God,
in Krsna's story and another lila of God this matter also happened, not all will understand, and everyone have their own states.

So under this fact of condition...
without respect one and another, what will happened ?

i receive all explanation , i love it all, from them i can see their sense of art, their feeling towards God, and i can see the shape of myself.

Look at Krsna, how He receive all effort to understand Him
from a fool, from lowest caste, learned peoples, Brahmana, from ordinary peoples, from a mother, from a friends, how He receive it at all and answer them according to their desire, and guide them to the highest state.

(Ps : iam not a student under lineage of Srividya, but how i respect all of Hindu Masters and school)