PDA

View Full Version : Not Again

Twilightdance
25 June 2012, 03:00 AM
When the news, of Bihar CM Mr Nitish Kumar again pulling out the secularism card (may be for a billionth time in Indian politics) to push his own ambition to become the PM, came up a few days back - I felt I needed to go on a rant somewhere and really scold some Indian voters for letting this happen for so long.

But fortunately someone has expressed the ideas with much greater eloquence in this article...

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/not-secularism-again/965967/

The Indian political landscape today has become a desert in which only the stunted progeny of stunted political leaders bloom. We need our political parties to throw up real leaders and we need a political discourse in which real political problems are discussed. So can we stop fishing ‘secularism’ out of the dustbin of history and holding it up as a shining ideal? Its relevance faded a long time ago

Believer
25 June 2012, 04:14 PM
Namaste,

Even without reading the article, I can say that the word 'secularism' resonates with the majority of Hindus, who have been conditioned to feel that even admitting that you are a Hindu is equivalent to being a saffron terrorist. In addition that term endears one to the non-Hindus and to the dalits. So cumulatively, it catapults an otherwise 'clean' and competent person to the top in terms of popularity, acceptance and ultimately being able to aspire for the highest executive office of the land. The politicians have to sing the tune that the 'junta' wants to hear. I would say Nitish Kumar is smart to pull that card in front of the dumb people. Until there is a Hindu 'jagran' (awakening), secularism will remain a very powerful word.

Pranam.

PARAM
01 July 2012, 12:24 AM
Anti-Hindu politicians are using government agencies to describe Hindus as terrorists and project anti-Hindu as secularism. Nitish Kumar forgets he described Atal Bihari Vajpayee as secular who was the man behind Ayodhya Ram temple movement and anti-Hindu justice Liberhan described him as pseudo-moderate.

Anti-Hindu appeasement is a political way of being described as secular, objecting everything that is Hindu, supporting casteism, supporting Islam and Christianity, supporting everything that is objectionable to Hindus. Secular is another name of Corrupt, a way to defend corruption.

Hindu leaders are already described as terrorists and communal while real terrorists are awarded. Even Hindu politicians are playing the same card for a secure vote bank, this is because Hinduism will not allow corruption and corruption is what these corrupt politicians want.

Omkara
07 July 2012, 08:54 AM
See this poll

http://www.lensonnews.com/lonspecial/1/2/15946/1/narendra-modi-is-bihars-choice-for-pm:-poll.html

dhyandev
09 July 2012, 08:00 AM
even admitting that you are a Hindu is equivalent to being a saffron terrorist.

Hahaha.good one:iagree:

PARAM
11 July 2012, 11:13 PM
Hahaha.good one:iagree:

This is not a joke but a bitter truth, Hindus have to become strong for self defense, for DHaRMa RaKshA.

dhyandev
12 July 2012, 07:53 AM
jab dukh aye to khoob haso,:)
sukh mein to hasna hi hai