PDA

View Full Version : Buying salwar/kurtis/etc online

*Meenakshi*
27 June 2012, 10:13 PM
Namaste-

Are there any ladies (or gentleman) that could recommend a decent website (preferably based in the U.S.) to buy salwar kameez, kurtis, etc. from? I've been on Amazon, but feel like they don't seem to have a lot of variety. Purchasing products online is not my preference, but the nearest south asian clothing store in my new living area is an hour and half from my home, and their selection is limited.

Thank you for reading. :)

c.smith
28 June 2012, 09:10 AM
Hari Om!

As a start, try www.google.com/search?q=buy+kurti+online+usa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=buy+kurti+online+usa&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=pov&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=omPsT4O3JKea2AXMttnOAQ&ved=0CIkBELMY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=b074b8949114d66a&biw=1366&bih=607 (http://www.google.com/search?q=buy+kurti+online+usa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=buy+kurti+online+usa&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=pov&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=omPsT4O3JKea2AXMttnOAQ&ved=0CIkBELMY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=b074b8949114d66a&biw=1366&bih=607)

or simply try ebay.com and specify usa as in www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=kurti&LH_PrefLoc=1 (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=kurti&LH_PrefLoc=1)

All the best and happy shopping!

Jai Jai Hanuman!

charitra
28 June 2012, 09:18 AM
it is worth driving all the way to Detroit and first carry out window shopping and then decide on the purchase right at the shop. No need to buy online. There a few plazas scattered around in Detroit where indian stuff is sold. I lived there in 90s.Chicago is a day trip as well. ;) Namaste.

*Meenakshi*
28 June 2012, 10:15 PM
I do plan on driving to Detroit and Chicago in the future for my clothing needs, but don't have time to at the moment. I am excited to eventually do a day/weekend trip to Detroit though! I love exploring new cities!
Thank you for the website suggestions, Smith. I have searched and found numerous sites, but I was looking to see if anyone had personally purchased from any of those sites, and could give a recommendation as to their products and service. I had a bad experience with Ebay once many moons ago, and have stayed clear since. However, maybe it's time to give it another chance...

Thank you for your helpful replies, as always! :D