PDA

View Full Version : From an average human to a yogi

cmorel02
30 June 2012, 08:16 PM
Namaste mama mitraaha :)

Been quite a while since I've posted on here! But today I would love to share with you a great choice I've made in this life. I've decided to become a yogi! :)

I know this isn't a random thing one does, or a fun thing to do to spare time, it's a major decision one makes. And I know it's time for me to take the road of Yoga very, very serious. And that's what I'm doing. A couple months ago, I've been taking meditation very seriously (I've read a VERY inspiring book called 'Meditation for the Love of It' by Sally Kempton and reading a Buddist book called Awakening Through Love by John Makransky, and Yoga for Athletes, and I've also been researching Yoga Nidra). Through these several months, I've found that it's been really really easy for me to concentrate and quickly enter a state of deep meditation. After my meditations, I can very easily see the One in All, but after a while this view fades. Do any of you guys experience this after your meditations? But I feel a great calling to the kind of life style and I'm listening to this call and acting. :D

mradam83
04 July 2012, 04:25 PM
Namaste mama mitraaha :)

Been quite a while since I've posted on here! But today I would love to share with you a great choice I've made in this life. I've decided to become a yogi! :)

I know this isn't a random thing one does, or a fun thing to do to spare time, it's a major decision one makes. And I know it's time for me to take the road of Yoga very, very serious. And that's what I'm doing. A couple months ago, I've been taking meditation very seriously (I've read a VERY inspiring book called 'Meditation for the Love of It' by Sally Kempton and reading a Buddist book called Awakening Through Love by John Makransky, and Yoga for Athletes, and I've also been researching Yoga Nidra). Through these several months, I've found that it's been really really easy for me to concentrate and quickly enter a state of deep meditation. After my meditations, I can very easily see the One in All, but after a while this view fades. Do any of you guys experience this after your meditations? But I feel a great calling to the kind of life style and I'm listening to this call and acting. :D

Namaste,

This may sound like an odd request, but could you tell me what a Yogi actually does? I understand the Asanas, but what would you see the day to day life of being a Yogi?

Pranams.