PDA

View Full Version : BhagavadGita

veena
05 July 2012, 02:39 PM
something I have worked very hard on. I would love people's feedback in the comment section of the document.

Please read closely before you judge. I am by no means saying Sanskrit is Telugu. Sanskrit is Devanagari.

I don't know what it is with me and Gita. I can't simply pick it up and read it because Sanskrit speaks to me in a different way than how it is translated in English.

For those brave and open minded souls here is the link to what I have been working on. I recited chapter 1 in Sanskrit to the best of my ability and then began the tedious process.

To this day I wonder why I cannot just pick up and read the English like most people. I think I have come to terms with the fact that my journey is going to be different.

Here is the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1roFCyX2pGBiamBNQpmR5Cp8g6o9VWs_iDaB7e4T_RN4/edit

Thank you in advance to those that have taken the time to read it.

ShivaFan
06 July 2012, 02:18 AM
Namaste Veena

You certainly are putting dedicated time and study into your translation, and also your are proposing questions. Mother Saraswati surely has blessed you. May I ask a question?

Krishna spoke to Arjuna in the setting of this great battlefield. For Arjuna was ready to receive answers to the very questions so many have living in this world.

And so Krishna became a Guru to Arjuna. And when you have a true guru, this teacher is for you the Lord, the Brahman before you. You guru can be verily Shiva or Vishnu in the very words that are especially for you in this world and in your own Time.

And so my question for you is, do you have a Guru?

Ma Saraswati holds a book. A guru can be that book for you. Every answer is there for you. For every question is respected when it is asked to your guru, then it is heard by Krishna directly. And very soon you will give the answers to those like me who have only begun to ask.

veena
07 July 2012, 02:04 PM
Namaste Veena

You certainly are putting dedicated time and study into your translation, and also your are proposing questions. Mother Saraswati surely has blessed you. May I ask a question?

Mother Saraswati has blessed me. She is the book that I hold.

Krishna spoke to Arjuna in the setting of this great battlefield. For Arjuna was ready to receive answers to the very questions so many have living in this world.

You mean to say Arjuna was ready to receive answers to very questions so many have living this world. What was special or different about Arjuna? Is this the only way God has spoken to us and in Hinduism. What was unique about this situation and dialogue?

And so Krishna became a Guru to Arjuna. And when you have a true guru, this teacher is for you the Lord, the Brahman before you. You guru can be verily Shiva or Vishnu in the very words that are especially for you in this world and in your own Time.

Krishna was his guiding light. I would like to think of that situation that way than has Arjuna's Guru.

You are right. We need to have a Guru. What makes one thing I don't have one? Somethings are not possible without the guidance of Guru and God.

And so my question for you is, do you have a Guru?

Ma Saraswati holds a book. A guru can be that book for you.
I like what you wrote. Our religious books are our teachers.

and

All you need a clean slate and a chalk.

Every answer is there for you. For every question is respected when it is asked to your guru, then it is heard by Krishna directly. And very soon you will give the answers to those like me who have only begun to ask.

You are too kind. I am for my age, my conscious is really elevated. I can honestly say that with esteem. On this forum 77 viewed by profile and your action was different in other 77 people in your spiritual Journey. My spiritual experience and journey, does have the guiding light of GOD, spirits, present and past. Does that sound like a answer one could give someone who have only begun to ask? My reality is different than most people. I am what I seem and I am not what I seem. My reality right now is I am here (karma Bhumi) to seek answers also.

Your mind saw something the other 77 have not. If this was your beginning (who have only begun to ask...) can you imagine your ending? I envy your destination.

ShivaFan
07 July 2012, 03:27 PM
Namaste Vina

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am not very qualified looking over my years, in the short years of your current life you are amazinginly advanced. But just a comment on guru. Self-Enlightenment is a wonderful thing, and certainly the “self” is the person or soul who is enlightened, that it is personal if you will. One great example of Self-Enlightenment was of course the Lord Buddha (Prince Siddhartha of Nepal), but even He took “instruction” and was given gifts of teachings from Jain Mahavira The Great Hero. Often, very special knowledge is personally handed down from one to the next directly - this is a very proven and authorized method. I am certainly not going to suggest any guru, you are such a person that you will know if and when. It is true, that some never have a guru and yet they become such wonderful adepts, living examples of Dharma and Hinduism in human form, even enlightened arhants and yogis. But it is also true that a guru can see exactly what is best for you in a given time and place, to take you on a very profitable and swift journey to what you really seek, and while you can spend an entire life reading all the vast, important, and wonderful scriptures, which many can and do, a guru may see into yourself and suggest the perfect shlokas, the book of guidance, the song or the words of a saint or mystic, that would be very, very special for you. Like a key that opens the door to the place where you are now, and you step out. One thing, which I do know you are very aware of – is, never believe in a politician. And sometimes a politician may take the title “guru”. And, of course there are many false gurus. And, it is very common, that the “wand finds the sorcerer” (as in “Harry Potter”) meaning, you may not even need to search for a guru if you ever do so choose, but rather suddenly you simply find and know a guru who is just there at “the right time and the right place”. Sometimes one guru will introduce you to another, as you call “Guru Brahma”, “Guru Vishnu”, but whatever is your path I personally am amazed at your work regarding the Bhagavad Gita and one day your endeavor will be a great gift for Westerners such as myself to learn from you and your book/translation.
Thanks for your great insights and authorship!
Om Namah Sivaya

Today I think of the Great Goddess Parvati. She is always there.

veena
07 July 2012, 03:35 PM
You are too kind. MY GURU IS A MYSTERY that this universe will not understand in relative terms.

You are too kind for saying what you did about my translations. I don't think I am going to coming out with any book without the guidance of a Guru and attending a Sanskrit school. Such is our tradition.

Do you think my translations look convincing? :)