PDA

View Full Version : Why do you Love Lord Muruga?

ShivaFan
09 July 2012, 10:08 PM
Namaste

I might be a upstart to post this thread, but I just have to.
I love the "Why do you love ?" threads, but my heart says Muruga.

I love Lord Muruga, because I love Valli. And She loves Muruga, so I love Him. He is the Power of Majesty. When He stands in our hall, a Mystic Light and Love strikes like a vel in the heart. Bhakti lives and moves. He is loved by the Guru who was a Dancer, and who dances today in Heavan. I love The Majestic Lord who waits.

Why do you love Muruga?

shian
10 July 2012, 01:26 AM
I Love Lord Muruga , because He is not different with Shiva
He is Shiva-shakti
He is Lord of Universe
and
He is brother of Lord Ganapati ;)

Eastern Mind
10 July 2012, 06:26 AM
Vannakkam: I love Lord Muruga mostly because of His darshan. You can feel it while approaching Palani or Tiruchendur, like the excitement of a meeting with a King, or a long lost close friend. It is very very difficult to describe, but I'll give it a shot. Then, once you feel it there, you can feel it at any temple where He has a shrine.

Imagine very tiny particles of cleansing water, tiny like fog, but each one full of light, and they are rushing towards a light cloth, you see it from the side angle, and some of these fine particles of sparkly pure cleansing matter go right through the cloth, totally cleansing it, and recharging it.

But then imagine this same energy, hitting your head, your eyes, your torso, your mind, and penetrating right through you. It is like a cool cleaning shower for the soul or astral body.

Aum Namasivaya

Jetavan
27 July 2012, 01:29 PM
I love Lord Muruga because he is the Divine Skanda, or Spark.

ShriBala
27 July 2012, 03:05 PM
Deleted

grames
28 July 2012, 06:23 AM
:) He is reflection of Beauty!

Murugu means honey, beauty, frangrance smell, youthful

Beauty plus valour and power which makes him the DevaSenathiPathi! He protects the "Sura" guna of the devotee from any Asura maya!

Hare Krshna!

philosoraptor
28 July 2012, 09:27 AM
Plus, you just gotta love an army commander who rides a peacock into battle... and still knows how to kick *** and take names.

:-)

Eastern Mind
28 July 2012, 10:50 AM
Vannakkam: Nice video of all 6 temples of the arapadaveedu pilgrimage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqqI1AXDu5A&feature=related

Aum Saravanabhava Aum

ShivaFan
11 September 2012, 01:42 AM
Namaste

Observing SHASHTI VRATHAM (Upvaas):

Shasti, Shashti or Sashti is an important day associated with Lord Muruga.
The Shasti after “Amavasya” or New Moon Night is to be for fasting.
There is also a Shasti after Purnima.

The fast, which for devotees of Muruga can be a full or partial fast, is broken the next day after praying. This may be prayers to Surya and then visiting Muruga. It is said that this observance can bless a childless couple with a new born.

Are there members of this Forum which observe Shashti Vratham? Any kind stories to share?

Jai Muruga and Valli!
Om Namah Sivaya