PDA

View Full Version : New temple in Alberta

Eastern Mind
10 July 2012, 04:26 PM
So Canada will have another new temple, in the north. Congratulations to this small community of Hindus... All it takes is a few good men ..er, devotees.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Little%20temple%20prairie%20will%20cater%20people%20faiths/6873441/story.html

Aum Namasivaya

Equinox
10 July 2012, 06:24 PM
Vannakkam EM,

Canada will have another new temple, in the north.

Yaay! That's good to know. I salute them for making sure future generations of Hindus there don't lose touch of this amazing religion. Kudos to them again!

Believer
10 July 2012, 06:35 PM
Namaste,

So Canada will have another new temple, in the north. Congratulations to this small community of Hindus... All it takes is a few good men ..er, devotees.
Congratulations to Canadian Hindus on their plans for a new Hindu temple.

Indraneela, I hope you are reading EM's posts. They are as sexist as before - 'All it takes is a few good men...'. Women are still being excluded. ;)

Pardon me, but could not resist.

Pranam.

PS, I see it is being built by a Bengalee family. So, the prasad sweets there are going to be exquisite. :) Yum! Yum!!

Arjuni
10 July 2012, 06:58 PM
Namasté,

EM, that's lovely news. Thank you for sharing it.

Indraneela, I hope you are reading EM's posts. They are as sexist as before - 'All it takes is a few good men...'. Women are still being excluded. ;)

Believer, I would protest sexist remarks - but frankly, the men here do such wonderful jobs bickering over Internet things that I don't feel up to the challenge! :D

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Believer
10 July 2012, 07:59 PM
Namaste,

...the men here do such wonderful jobs bickering....
It must be fun watching the tamasha going on here on a daily basis.

Pranam.

shian
10 July 2012, 08:36 PM
Congrats for new Temple,

Namo Rudraya Umapati Saheyaya
Om Ganapatiye Svaha

may Bhagavan bless us with Dharma who we can apply to daily life , illuminate ourself and others, samastha-lokha sukhino bhavantu.

Eastern Mind
10 July 2012, 09:23 PM
Vannakkam: This IS a really small community, and I so admire them. Hopefully I'll be going up to meet them next week or so. There is one in the planning stages for Fort McMurray as well, but I know little about how they are doing. Sometimes a smaller community might be better because they all realise they have to compromise.

Aum Namasivaya

Equinox
11 July 2012, 12:07 AM
Vannakkam EM,

Sometimes a smaller community might be better because they all realise they have to compromise.

Yes exactly. That's how it usually starts, before becoming a full-blown public affair. The amount of intrigue and competition that might be present in a temple committee itself is subject to disgrace, what more of the devotees. This usually happens after a few generations, when power is the only thing in the mind.