PDA

View Full Version : A couple of learning opportunities for Vaishnavas in North America.

Vaikuntha Bound.
12 July 2012, 06:14 PM
Namaste!

For those looking for spiritual enrichment, there are two SriVaishnava teachers on tour in North America.

HH Sri Ahobila Jeeyar Swami has been in the US since June 26th and will be touring until November 8th. Swamiji's itinerary seems a little subject to change, but it looks like he'll be visiting many major metropolitan areas. I'm unsure if particular talks will be given in English, but there are a number of listed contacts if you're interested. For more information visit:

http://www.jetusa.org/jetusa/content/

Also, Sri Velukkudi Krishnan is touring the US from July 20th through Sept 3rd. He'll be visiting Toronto, Detroit, Boston, Cary, NC, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Washington DC, and New Jersey. From the looks of it, most of the programs will be in English, and from my own experience, I can testify that he's a lucid and engaging speaker. Unless you're a major scholar yourself, you'll definitely learn something.

For more information:

http://www.vedics.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=366:velukkudi-sriuvekrishnan-swamis-trip-to-usa&catid=55:announcements&Itemid=119

And on the off chance that anyone is in the Phoenix area and would like to sit with a friendly face, I'm planning on attending his Aug. 14th lecture on Bhakti in Everyday Life.

Take care,

VB

Viraja
16 July 2012, 09:45 AM
I hope he visits the Ashland Sri Lakshmi Temple in MA. (I live close by). I have to check with the temple... Thanks for the post.

Eastern Mind
16 July 2012, 05:39 PM
I hope he visits the Ashland Sri Lakshmi Temple in MA. (I live close by). I have to check with the temple... Thanks for the post.

Vannakkam Aspirant: I've heard nothing but good things about that temple and its on my 'to visit' list. I hope you're kind enough to give us a report. On the schedule for Velekuddi Krishnan, it says the Ashland temple on Wednesday, July 25 at 7PM. Welcome to HDF, by the way.

Aum Namasivaya

Viraja
17 July 2012, 02:06 PM
Yes, they conduct every festival so thorougly. It is a nice temple - moolavar Venkatachalapathy. Ganesha and Shiva are also there.

I hope I will be blessed enough to make it to Sri Velukkudi Swamin's upanyasam.

Thanks for welcoming me, appreciate it.

Viraja
26 July 2012, 08:54 AM
Sri Velukkudi Krishnan spoke about Sri ALavandAr Swami's 'ChatusSloki' yesterday - a prayer extended to mother Mahalakshmi. He spoke in elaborate about mother Mahalakshmi's greatness, how she mediates between the devotee and Sriman Narayana in promoting the devotee to moksha, how she is the primordial cause for creation and how the 'divyaDambadhi' Sriman Narayana and mother Mahalakshmi have to be worshipped together.

The discourse took about 2 hours and I was surprised to find as many devotees - there was hardly room to fit in everyone. The organizers have indeed given him a tight schedule he seems to be booked right through his stay in Boston and I believe that would hold true at the rest of the places too.

_/\_

smaranam
26 July 2012, 10:26 AM
Sri Velukkudi Krishnan spoke about Sri ALavandAr Swami's 'ChatusSloki' yesterday
_/\_

Hare KRshNa!

I must say you were fortunate to be able to hear the Chatushloki BhAgavat from a great soul.

_/\_

Viraja
26 July 2012, 11:20 AM
Smaranamji,

Very true indeed. I was happy I could make it to the occassion.

Swamiji is offering discourses today, tommorrow, right through Sunday during his stay here in MA but all those are at a distance I can't make. So I am doubly happy I could make this event.

Eastern Mind
26 July 2012, 12:41 PM
Vannakkam Aspirant: I'm happy for you. It's a rare blessing to be in the presence of a holy man.

Aum Namasivaya

shian
26 July 2012, 10:58 PM
read this thread, i think America have more Hindu India Temple than in Indonesia.
But is very happy can join many Dharma activites in temple.
Here is very rare, the most is only bhajan together in some devotee home, twice in week.

philosoraptor
27 July 2012, 06:32 PM
Also, Sri Velukkudi Krishnan is touring the US from July 20th through Sept 3rd. He'll be visiting Toronto, Detroit, Boston, Cary, NC, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Washington DC, and New Jersey. From the looks of it, most of the programs will be in English, and from my own experience, I can testify that he's a lucid and engaging speaker. Unless you're a major scholar yourself, you'll definitely learn something.

For more information:

http://www.vedics.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=366:velukkudi-sriuvekrishnan-swamis-trip-to-usa&catid=55:announcements&Itemid=119

And on the off chance that anyone is in the Phoenix area and would like to sit with a friendly face, I'm planning on attending his Aug. 14th lecture on Bhakti in Everyday Life.

Take care,

VB

Pranams,

I can personally attest to the high quality of Sri U.V Velukkudi Krishnan Swami's lectures. He is a very learned scholar and the "real-deal." He usually lectures in English, sometimes mixed with Tamil. Also, he doesn't water down his message merely out of concern for political correctness - you will get an authentic, traditional understanding of shAstra when you listen to him - he won't water it down out of concern for popular opinion.

His discussions on Krishna-lila are also very nectarean to listen to. Everyone should try to hear his discourses if they get a chance.

regards,