PDA

View Full Version : Beej Mantra?

Medha
15 July 2012, 10:49 AM
Can anyone help me out with beej mantra of Bala Tripura Sundari...

And the reason why Bala Tripura Sundari is worshipped?

ShriBala
15 July 2012, 11:13 PM
Vandanam Medha

This (http://shivyogi.weebly.com/sri-bala.html) should help you for a start.

Regarding whether beejaksharas should be chanted out w/o any guru initiation, i don't know. One argument about the shaktipat makes lots of sense. Another counter-argument that the quality of the gurus today, who have commercialized initiation leads a lot to be desired, also makes sense (to me).

I know a spiritual soul who chanted and chants Devi Mahatmyam with so much bhava and devotion that it is very uplifting to hear. And this soul always asks only for others' well-being and never for herself. And the devi is always with her, i truely believe.

I have no proof --as in, i can't point you to scriptures--to convince you about the veracity of the above statements of mine.

There is another soul which has been brought up the 'traditional' way and which would be aghast to know if people recite beejaksharas without initiation. The devi is with her as well.

Ultimately devotion/bhava matters, IMHO. But am no person to certify what you should decide and i would not want to do that.

If you doubt (as you rightly should), the best source would be the Devi/Devata in whichever form you'd like to worship.

BTW, i have heard that siddhis do develop as a collateral benefit of Shri Vidya worship. Shri Bala is the first devi w/o worshipping whom, no Shri Vidya worship is done/ can fructify. If you are in the Rush,NY area in the US, maybe you could make a short trip to this (http://www.esrividya.org/home.aspx) place. The main guru there -- called Haran aiyya -- initiates and helps out folks to perform the Shri Vidya worship the traditional way.

One small incident regarding Shri RamaKrishna (RK). When he was asked by someone -- who when he'd heard that RK talks to Kalika devi and viceversa -- why he had not approached Kalika devi to ask Her when he'd (RK) be bestowed with siddhis, RK immediately went to Kalika ma and asked Her as a child would. To which the devi pointed out at a person who was filled with sores etc on his/her body and asked him if he still wanted the siddhis. Ramakrishna said no.

Another incident where Akkalkot Maharaj (the third incarnation of the Lord Datta avatar) a.k.a. Swami Samartha maharaj, had asked his devotees to spread out a tiger rug on the floor indicating that some higher spiritual soul was expected. The person -- I forget his name -- came and then the maharaj asked him in front of the others - "So, are you still with the prostitutes?". Though the other people were shocked, this saint realized what the maharaj was talking about (the siddhis) and said that he is no more running behind the pros****tes.

Why do i pray to Shri Bala? Well, have you seen Her photo (have attached with this post). She is sweet, cute child with a twinkle in Her eyes. That's why. And like a child playing the role of the parent, She sometimes becomes my mother.

Please see this (http://www.kamakotimandali.com/blog/index.php?p=1097&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1) page. Towards the end (search for Tripurasundari) of the page, Acharya amritaVaghbhava says and i quote:

Though I had the vision of various divinities, I was unhappy on account of not seeing the divine form of my iShTa devatA, Goddess tripurasundarI. One fine day, when I completed my nitya karma, the great goddess appeared as a little girl, sitting on my shoulder, with her lotus feet swinging freely. I could see her feet which were adorned with beautiful anklets. [ Emphasis - mine]. One of the payals slipped from her foot and before it fell down to earth, I caught it with my hands. When I tried to put it back on her lotus feet, she suddenly jumped from my shoulders, ran away and disappeared. I could only see her back but not the face. Who can understand the divine play of the great Mother?

</quote>

I've highlighted the above part in his statement. I find that adorable and try to picturize the incident. I feel elated.

I'm sorry if this post is long-winded without a clear direction and quote of scriptures etc. I'm sure some other knowledgable member will help you with that.

ShriBala
15 July 2012, 11:46 PM
Deleted...

Medha
16 July 2012, 11:41 AM
Thank u so much. And i live down south. A place called Vellore. And m so thrilled that m blessed so soon to be visiting Nemili in this week for the Devi's Dharsan. Without knowing or having the full knowledge about Sri Bala i have performed a lot of abishekam and attended Yagams performed for the Divine. I feel immensely blessed.

And yes ur right. it is not advisable to be chanting a Beej Mantra without Guru's diksha!

ShriBala
16 July 2012, 04:52 PM
.... Deleted...