PDA

View Full Version : Saraswati Mantras

arjunah
22 July 2012, 09:39 PM
Hello, everyone.

I am currently thinking a lot about Saraswati as I am in the process of learning a lot of new things at an intense rate. I also would like to have help with articulating my thoughts and being able to communicate better with others. I would like to concentrate on Saraswati during japa but am not sure what a nice mantra would be suitable.

Thank you for any advice.

cmorel02
22 July 2012, 11:10 PM
Namaste arjunah

There are many mantras dedicated to Mata Sarasvati. One very simple mantra is Eim. It's a beej mantra (seed mantra). It contains Saraswati directly. Use this mantra with utmost respect! Please. But if your heasitant on using such a mantra, I offer you another: Om Eim Saraswatiyea Namaha (Om I bow to Sarawati). And then there are stotram dedicated to Saraswati. I'm sure if you do a quick google search, you can find many!

Shanti mama mitra.

Jainarayan
23 July 2012, 09:13 AM
Namaste all.

I have also seen Om Sri Saraswatyai namaha.

There are a few prayers too, for Her help in studies and gaining wisdom:

Fair as a jasmine flower, the moon or a flake of snow, dressed in white, her hands adorned by the graceful veena staff, adored by Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, and the other deities, protect me, O Goddess Saraswati, remover of ignorance inert.

O Goddess Saraswati, my humble prostrations unto You, who are the fulfiller of all wishes. I start my education with salutations to myriad-formed Saraswati, the bestower of boons, May She always grant me success! That Goddess with eyes like lotus petals, colored like the pollens of the lotus, ever residing in the lotus, may She protect me!