PDA

View Full Version : Taking Break from HDF

ShivaFan
28 July 2012, 05:52 PM
Namaste

I have decided to take a littie respite break from HDF for 3 months. Nothing of criticism or such, though things seem to be sort of tense of late especially in regards to the caste issue and what those who are like me should be allowed to see, hear, read, worship, be in the presence of, being no caste at all. But that isn't why I am seeking a little quality time with a Bhakti connection to The Great God Mahadev, it's just that right now I suddenly realized I am now making fundamental mistakes regarding Devi the Goddess which I need to account for.

Because of my mistakes, I think I will check out for three months, then visit a bit later and sort of start over again with the great benefits found on this forum and having great sharing with friends of Hinduism. As the prayer to Mother Annapurna goes, "my friends are the devotees of Mahadev", and I count every devotee of Krishna as Kali and every beloved Divine as such.

But while taking a bit of a "rest" if you will, does that mean my Membership ID will no longer function several months later?

TODAY I think of that Guru who was a dancer. He now dances in a place and on a field of stars no one can even imagine.

satay
28 July 2012, 09:00 PM
namaskar ShivaFan,

With respect to your ID, it should work just fine. It may ask you to change your password but if there are problems logging in, please email me at karmic_hindu@yahoo.com.

Have a nice break.

Namaste

I have decided to take a littie respite break from HDF for 3 months. Nothing of criticism or such, though things seem to be sort of tense of late especially in regards to the caste issue and what those who are like me should be allowed to see, hear, read, worship, be in the presence of, being no caste at all. But that isn't why I am seeking a little quality time with a Bhakti connection to The Great God Mahadev, it's just that right now I suddenly realized I am now making fundamental mistakes regarding Devi the Goddess which I need to account for.

Because of my mistakes, I think I will check out for three months, then visit a bit later and sort of start over again with the great benefits found on this forum and having great sharing with friends of Hinduism. As the prayer to Mother Annapurna goes, "my friends are the devotees of Mahadev", and I count every devotee of Krishna as Kali and every beloved Divine as such.

But while taking a bit of a "rest" if you will, does that mean my Membership ID will no longer function several months later?

TODAY I think of that Guru who was a dancer. He now dances in a place and on a field of stars no one can even imagine.

Eastern Mind
29 July 2012, 08:15 AM
Vannakkam ShivaFan: Best wishes on it.

Aum Namasivaya

JayaRadhe
29 July 2012, 08:38 PM
Namaste!
God bless you ShivaFan, and I look forward to seeing you back! :)
Om Namah Shivaya!
Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!

Seeker
29 July 2012, 09:08 PM
Namaste ShivaFan Ji,

One of the issues of forums is that we may get too passionately involved in debates. Our objective is to become as 'observer' rather than the 'experiencer'. May Lord Shiva give you strength to reach a passionless approach to these forums.

People who have vested interest in defending certain practices can come out strong and put off others - but be assured that evolved beings came from every class and everywhere in the world , and they left their body without many knowing. It is our luck that divine intentions revealed sages like Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi.

Vasa
29 July 2012, 09:47 PM
Namaste Shivafanji,

Please take care. I understand wanting to take some time off. Many of us will miss the sincerity and compassion that are always in your posts. Please be well, and may Mahadev guide you back to us soon.

Pranam.

ShivaFan
30 July 2012, 03:10 AM
Namaste

I am an idiot and a cry baby.

So today, watching the Olympics, I see that this life isn't for just getting your way, but for what you a representing. Those athletes represent more than themselves, so I need to be always my best to others if I am to be seen as a Hindu by non-Hindus. My heart is to see more Westerners who are Hindus or soon to be Hindu become friends to each other and ready to present ourselves well to other Westerners who are interested, of which there are many, and these kinds of debates are what can sharpen your sword, to be like a razor against the enemy and an example to win over others to join the fold among those around you.

I am thinking that two areas of expertise would be a good discipline for my own sense of being.

1. I need to become better acquainted and fuller in understanding, as well as one more defender of the Majestic principles of those who are better than me, who have the Knowledge of Muruga. The people of South India have keys that will surely bring very important knowledge to Westerners such as myself who live in America. Having said that, Bhakti Yoga in general as exampled by experts in this form of yoga from multiple traditions is already a proven and effective path for those Westerners born in America of "no caste", proven by Hindu Leaders who have been kind enough to help us. It is almost becoming more obvious by the day that perhaps this is what Deva and Devi want us to proceed with in this portion of the Western World.

2. Bhakti Yoga is an excellent form of yoga for Westerners, and in particular has almost a symbiotic connection to American ethos. Aligning all forms of Bhakti Yoga has great advantages for America in general, and such alliances across all traditions of Hinduism is beneficial. And by the way, there is a very strong Bhakti tradition in the South (India). A good start would be to start to learn to read the basic "ABC" scripts of the languages of Telegu, Tamil and other such languages which have a powerful and direct channel to Hinduism.

In addition, I think Westerners in this part of the world being a minority in The Great Union of Hinduism will admire a lot of the experience of those great Hindus and multitude of mystics, Saints, Yogis from the South (India), and also will find connection to inspiring words as comes from Golwalkar "all faiths of Indian origins need to unite". In the same manner all Bhaktas , Hindus and Shaktas in America can unite and become true, valued and welcomed members of The Great Tradition. A banyan tree can grow, and not only are such Westerners so grateful to those Gurus who have come from India and have given us a chance, we have already seen great non-Indian born Gurus now appearing before us who we can follow. One outstanding example is Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.

So as boring as this speech may sound, or perhaps disturbing to some, my vacation is already over. As a stupid Westerner, I make, and will make a lot of mistakes, confusion, get the words wrong, and like most Westerners even get the Name and Names of the Devatas and Devis wrong and will suffer as a result doing so. The greater suffering is the embarrassment when they happen, and we don't care about personal suffering resulting because I guess that's just the way we are.

At least for now.

Today I think of The Green Goddess in all Her Forms, and all Her Names. I hope She will understand the mistakes we Westerners make and will make. If we are Her's in our thoughts and love, I think we have a chance!

Vasa
30 July 2012, 07:45 AM
Namaste.
Welcome back!

Pranam.

Eastern Mind
30 July 2012, 08:16 AM
Vannakkam: I know its a long time away, but there will be a kumbhabhishekham in Vancouver next summer for a Ganesha temple, operated by the small Tamil community there. There is already a SriThurga Amman temple. If you go, you'll get a sense of the South Indian bhakti you speak of. Cheaper than going all the way to India. :)

I plan to attend it, and I have to drive 12 hours. You're only 3 or so.

The idea of taking a break is common here, and what you did is also common. I suggest that next time you just don't announce it. If someone doesn't post for a week or so, most likely nobody notices.

Aum Namasivaya

ShriBala
30 July 2012, 08:46 AM
As a stupid Westerner, I make, and will make a lot of mistakes, confusion, get the words wrong, and like most Westerners even get the Name and Names of the Devatas and Devis wrong and will suffer as a result doing so. ...

The gods/ goddesses are not vindictive. They look for Bhakti and only that. Not scholarly expertise w/o bhakti.

You'd know that the celebrated nayanmars consisted of illiterates amongst them. But they moved the lord with their bhakti and attained moksha.

satay
30 July 2012, 09:07 AM
namaste ShivaFan,

Although your heart is in the right place, this 'winning over' thing is not to be found in Hindus. We don't have to win over anyone. Let karma do its thing and when it is ripe no one can stop those who are attracted to dharma.

My heart is to see more Westerners who are Hindus or soon to be Hindu become friends to each other and ready to present ourselves well to other Westerners who are interested, of which there are many, and these kinds of debates are what can sharpen your sword, to be like a razor against the enemy and an example to win over others to join the fold among those around you.

ShriBala
30 July 2012, 09:34 AM
Vandanam Satayji, well said. It's anathemic to Hindus to even think about harvesting of souls :D.

Harvesting of rainwater might be a better topic in today's Bharatavarsha which faces a surplus in mis-management of water, foodgrains and environment.

namaste ShivaFan,

Although your heart is in the right place, this 'winning over' thing is not to be found in Hindus. We don't have to win over anyone. Let karma do its thing and when it is ripe no one can stop those who are attracted to dharma.

Jainarayan
30 July 2012, 09:41 AM
Namaste.

namaste ShivaFan,

Vandanam Satayji, well said. It's anathemic to Hindus to even think about harvesting of souls :D.

Indeed. If what I posted in the Men everywhere follow My path (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=89517&postcount=1) is correct, then dharmic souls are already with God.

Eastern Mind
30 July 2012, 10:52 AM

Vannakkam: Yet, at the same time, we have to be open enough to answer the questions of sincere seekers, and not just stay like some closed secret society.

Aum Namasivaya

ShriBala
30 July 2012, 11:20 AM
Vannakkam: Yet, at the same time, we have to be open enough to answer the questions of sincere seekers, and not just stay like some closed secret society.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaskaram EM. True!

The point is where do we draw the line (pun unintended).

Eastern Mind
30 July 2012, 11:33 AM
where do we draw the line

Vannakkam: Yes, I've been in the spot a few times. For me personally, this general and simple rule applies: If they ask, I answer. If they don't ask, I don't offer. But yes, it gets more complicated than that sometimes. I do think its much easier now with the internet. Its made a lot of answers (and quite the variety too) far more readily available.

Aum Namasivaya

ShriBala
30 July 2012, 11:56 AM
If they ask, I answer. If they don't ask, I don't offer. But yes, it gets more complicated than that sometimes.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaskar.
There is a verse in the Gita, can hunt it out, one word i remember in it is pariprashna. Explained as follows by Shirdi sai baba. I'm just paraphrasing my understanding of his explanation.
Asking questions with the intention of appearing to come across as smart or to trip someone or to belittle another's legit choice is not the right intention.

So, yes, it is pretty difficult to make a decision as to whether the questioner is genuine or not.

A problem which i never have since i don't know and haven't read any scriptures :D.

Ganeshprasad
30 July 2012, 12:09 PM
Pranam
I believe this is the sloka you are looking form from Gita 4.34,

tad viddhi pranipatena
pariprasnena sevaya
upadeksyanti te jnanam
jnaninas tattva-darsinah

Jai Shree Krishna

ShriBala
30 July 2012, 12:11 PM
Pranam
I believe this the sloka you are looking for from Gita 4.34,

tad viddhi pranipatena
pariprasnena sevaya
upadeksyanti te jnanam
jnaninas tattva-darsinah

Jai Shree Krishna

Wow! That was quick :D, Ganeshprasad ji. Thank you. That's the shloka i'd read in the SSC.

Vandanam

Ganeshprasad
30 July 2012, 12:19 PM
Pranam

There Are another relevant sloka for both point of view.

TEXT 67

idam te natapaskaya
nabhaktaya kadacana
na casusrusave vacyam
na ca mam yo 'bhyasuyati

And the next few verses explains how one is so dear to him, basically what EM says those who ask, those who wants to know.

Jai Shree Krishna