PDA

View Full Version : Open up Abrahamic Religions Forum

wundermonk
06 August 2012, 12:19 AM
Satay,

Could you outline the thought process behind closing the Abrahamic Religions subforum? This being a discussion board, I see no reason why any subforum needs to be closed for posting.

Regards,
WM

Omkara
06 August 2012, 02:28 AM
I agree.

satay
06 August 2012, 03:38 AM
Namaste,

Those subforums are closed because I haven't seen posts that align with the purpose of those forums for a long time. I need to rethink the purpose of these forums. Most of the posts and threads there are simply expressing grief about the abharamic religions which is not the original intent of these forums.

I might delete all threads in those forums and start afresh. Until I can decide what to do these forums will remain closed.

Thanks,

Jainarayan
06 August 2012, 07:32 AM
Namaste satayji.

Namaste,

Those subforums are closed because I haven't seen posts that align with the purpose of those forums for a long time. I need to rethink the purpose of these forums. Most of the posts and threads there are simply expressing grief about the abharamic religions which is not the original intent of these forums.

I might delete all threads in those forums and start afresh. Until I can decide what to do these forums will remain closed.

Thanks,

You are da man, as dey say in da 'hood. :D

I have wondered why there were the Abrahamic sections when all they did was cause stress and strife and elicit comments like Jesus and Mohammed are irrelevant to Hinduism (well, they really are); and comments like zombies on sticks. Not defending Christianity but that's really an insult to the milllions of good Christians who want to live in peace. There was never any productive relationship between Sanātana Dharma and Abrahamism, only ill will in those forums, that I've seen in my > 1 year here.

If I may venture, this isn't a comparative religions site, in my mind; it is a site devoted to the beauty of, and learning about Sanātana Dharma. I feel they should have been blow to smithereens a long time ago. Satayji, I applaud and support your action and hope you follow through in blowing them away. :bowdown:

charitra
06 August 2012, 08:44 AM
Solution: Just create a new subforum within theAabrahamic section.

The problem is that there is no specific forum topost all things anti hindu, specifically from abrahamics adherents. Once thatspecific subforum is created thisdilemma will be resolved quickly. Just last week a muslim fanatic travelled allthe way from Bihar state and physically assaulted mata amrutananda mayi inkerala whilst she was delivering a talk. Where to post such info.? The hindu mandirs are raged in Malaysia andPakistan, where to post the news? The remedy is to create a “Crusade /Jihadgoes on”, “ the antihindu atrocities” ,” the hindu persecution” or “hindusunder attack ” or something on those lines. Or better to have two different subforums: ‘the Crusade thrives ’ and ‘theJihad unabated’.

After transferring all the seemingly accusatory threads to thesenewly created subforums, then, the Abrahamic subforums will naturally get ‘cleansed up and sanitized’. In those abrahamics subforumsone now gets to see only palatable debates to the satisfaction of the abrahamic adherentsand for that matter many hindus as well. We are the most tolerant faith on theplanet. Namaste.

Jainarayan
06 August 2012, 08:57 AM
The problem is that there is no specific forum topost all things anti hindu, specifically from abrahamics adherents. Once thatspecific subforum is created thisdilemma will be resolved quickly. Just last week a muslim fanatic travelled allthe way from Bihar state and physically assaulted mata amrutananda mayi inkerala whilst she was delivering a talk. Where to post such info.? The hindu mandirs are raged in Malaysia andPakistan, where to post the news? The remedy is to create a “Crusade /Jihadgoes on”, “ the antihindu atrocities” ,” the hindu persecution” or “hindusunder attack ” or something on those lines. Or better to have two different subforums: ‘the Crusade thrives ’ and ‘theJihad unabated’.

Yes, maybe one subforum specifically for anti-Hindu, or any anti-Dharmic propaganda and violence. Remember the thread about violence at the gurdwārā. This sort of forum would concentrate those subjects without the unnecessary theology. Jmo.

wundermonk
06 August 2012, 08:57 AM
I agree 100% with Charitra.

If Hindus are under attack physically (mostly by Mohammedans) or psychologically (mostly by Jeebus followers), there SHOULD be a place to post such info on a forum that is called "HINDU Dharma Forums".

If any moderate peaceful Mohammedan/Xian wants to discuss theology/philosophy with us Hindus, our doors should be open 100%. Our Acharyas of any Darshana would never back down from an opportunity to engage in verbal discussion with Astikas or Nastikas. We, being the carriers of their legacy, should not either. It would be a great disservice in this day and age to close down the subforum.

Perhaps, as Charitra says, we can have a subfolder under the Abrahamic Religions subforum titled "Abrahamic warfare on Dharma" where many of the current posts can be transfered.

Let there be no mistake about it. The Abrahamics are out to wipe out Dharma and its followers. It says so in their books. The Abrahamic God is going to torture us in hellfire for an eternity. I'll repeat that, in bold. THE ABRAHAMIC GOD IS GOING TO TORTURE US IN HELLFIRE FOR AN ETERNITY. Does that hit home? It is up to us whether we want to hide our heads in the sand like an ostrich OR be aware and post and openly talk about the war and the immoral beast that is the Abrahamic God. :)

c.smith
06 August 2012, 11:24 AM
Hari Om!

I would tend to support SatayJi in whatever his decisions. Am almost 100% certain that he has consulted with other learned members and I trust his instincts too. It must be a tough position to be in.

Have always wondered myself why there is the place for Christians/Jews/Muslims on a Hindu Dharma site but have already taken counsel for this.

Before I take a bashing for my views, place yourself in Satay's position and think again.

Jai Jai Hanuman!

yajvan
06 August 2012, 11:46 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

If one has the penchant to 'bash' there is still the opporunity to do so in the jalpa folder. One can fume and fizzle to one's heart content.

Where is this jalpa folder ?
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

praṇām

Eastern Mind
06 August 2012, 11:53 AM
Vannakkam: I'm with Yajvan. Changing the names of, dropping, adding, restructuring the outline of the forum won't change a whole lot. People will still have questions, and points to be made. How many times have we thought: "Hmmm, now which folder should I put this under?" The forum goes along on what members bring up, and then comments on that, and nothing else.

However, when someone browses the subforums outline, certain words themselves are catalysts to a thought. So you see a word like 'temple' and immediately the idea is spawned, "Oh yeah, I wanted to say something about the last visit." So its important to have the right words there if we want a more focused discussion group.

Aum Namasivaya

JaiMaaDurga
07 August 2012, 12:48 AM
Namaste,

I myself have read the subheading for the Abrahamic section,
contrasted that with the majority of threads started in it since I
have joined HDF, and sometimes shaken my head at how far apart
these two things are- so, on the one hand, I understand well where
satay's thinking is coming from; on the other hand, the ability for
HDF members to discuss issues and ideas related to the Abrahamic
world should not in my view be summarily hobbled or removed due to
the high percentage of frustration, disgust or rancor expressed in
posts.

I would ask that, whatever the decision regarding the future of
an Abrahamic section, that the temptation to "start afresh" be
considered, without finding it necessary to delete everything..
while many of the words there are not particularly uplifting, lofty,
or likely to elicit glowing praise from Abrahamics- they are the
honest thoughts and feelings of HDF members, and while vitriol and
bile do not need to be nurtured or made comfortable anywhere,
I feel the truth is most important in the larger picture.

Many people outside of Sanatana Dharma have a tendency to paint
us as being either meekly placid navel-gazers, or as shrill and primitive
reactionaries... the only way to combat these broad brushes is
by steadfastly refusing to be anything less than the very real and
complex human beings that we are, "warts and all"..

I have probably used too many words to convey a simple idea,
so please forgive any lack of concision or clarity- but hopefully
many of you are used to my long-windedness, and can make some
sense out of it- others have already brought good points to this
already, so once again I can only say...

JAI MATA DI

realdemigod
12 August 2012, 03:58 AM
I think it's a good move. Considering this is place for Sanatana dharma mainly it's better to delete that sections altogether as most of the time someone or other will post a slandering article or act against Hindus and we end up arguing and pointing fingers.

Akram
13 August 2012, 08:26 PM
I think Abrahamic forums should be open.

yajvan
14 August 2012, 01:14 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Opening up the Abrahamic Forum is like saying, please place a sharp stone inside my shoe and tell me I must walk 5 kilometers to the market.

http://watermarked.cutcaster.com/cutcaster-photo-100246470-Stone-in-the-shoe.jpg

praṇām

Eastern Mind
14 August 2012, 03:13 PM
Vannakkam: But Yajvan, those stones aren't sharp, they're rounded. Ya'd think a guy could at least match his picture with the words...

... thoughts of better younger days going barefoot on gravel roads to build callouses for the annual thistle patch run...

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
14 August 2012, 03:38 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

But Yajvan, those stones aren't sharp, they're rounded.

You missed the stones that came from the front of the shoe.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5NR539XqdKY/T2n1d2vQJHI/AAAAAAAAAAU/dajidIqIWKA/s1600/boringrocks2.jpg

realdemigod
16 August 2012, 11:28 AM
I would request satay to delete the abrahamic cult section and keep this forum free from abrahamic scum. I'm posting this in the light of events happened against north eastern people in B'lore. abrahamic cults are menace to human happiness and joy.

wundermonk
16 August 2012, 12:39 PM
I would request satay to delete the abrahamic cult section and keep this forum free from abrahamic scum. I'm posting this in the light of events happened against north eastern people in B'lore. abrahamic cults are menace to human happiness and joy.

That would be equivalent to burying the head in the sand.

sanjaya
16 August 2012, 01:22 PM
I'd of course be happy to support whatever Satay does with this forum. I would like to point out, though, that many of us here in America have to deal with Christians on a daily basis, and it helps to have somewhere to discuss the problems that Christians pose to American Hindus and Hinduism in general. I don't know if this would involve repurposing the forum, deleting certain threads, or whatever. But it does help to have somewhere to discuss these things with other Indian/Hindu Americans.