Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Agnihotra prevent the effect of nuclear radiation?

Can Agnihotra prevent the effect of nuclear radiation?

In many articles on the Internet, the ritual of Agnihotra has been promoted as a simple ritual that helps to minimise the adverse impact of nuclear radiation. The statement peaked our interest, because for modern science this is a fantastic proposition: that a simple ritual done at sunrise and sunset along with the recitation of a mantra can actually quell the harmful effects of nuclear fallout. This ritual also becomes especially relevant with some other information we have received through spiritual research about the coming times.

Most people do not know that there are measures that can be taken at a spiritual level, along with efforts at a psychological and physical level to defend oneself against a nuclear attack. This article expands on the measures we can take at a spiritual level to protect ourselves from the effects of a nuclear attack and for the prevention of it occurring.
    READ WHOLE ARTICLE HERE
    http://www.spiritualresearchfoundati...ling/agnihotra

When a nuclear device is detonated, it gives rise to raja-tama predominant vibrations of the Absolute Cosmic Fire element. Discordant subtle sounds accompany these frequencies. These subtle sounds have a subtle harmful effect on the mind and intellect of the people in the vicinity of the nuclear attack. It can range from depression, to negative thoughts, to fogging up of the intellect.

When the ritual of Agnihotra is performed, it gives rise to sattva predominant vibrations of the Absolute Cosmic Fire element. The fire created from Agnihotra disintegrates the raja-tama particles and therefore purifies the environment at a spiritual level. It also creates a subtle protective sheath around the person performing the ritual. This sheath is highly sensitive to anything related to the Absolute Cosmic Fire element and from the subtle dimension this sheath looks reddish.
    The raja-tama predominant Absolute Cosmic Fire particles (emanating from a nuclear device detonating) strike in a very harsh and callous manner. The protective sheath intuitively knows in advance when they are coming near it and as a reflex action it sends the Absolute Cosmic Fire frequencies from within it towards the raja-tama predominant particles with tremendous force. This destroys the raja-tama predominant Absolute Cosmic Fire particles which give rise to the sound frequencies. As a result, the destructive Absolute Cosmic Fire from the detonated nuclear device loses its power.
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Re: Can Agnihotra prevent the effect of nuclear radiation?

With increase in one’s spiritual level, one’s attitude and perspective to life changes dramatically. For example, a person at 30% spiritual level may find it very difficult to find time in his busy schedule to attend even one spiritual discourse. The same person having the same worldly commitments, after attaining the 40% spiritual level will easily find time on a regular basis to attend spiritual discourses and regularly study spiritual texts.

A person at a certain spiritual level, e.g. 30% spiritual level can only relate to a person within a few percentage points from him. For example it is very difficult for a person at the 30% spiritual level to relate to a person at the 40% spiritual level and vice versa.

By the use of the intellect, it is somewhat possible to estimate that another person is slightly ahead of one spiritually; however the estimation would at best be vague.

By use of the intellect it is impossible to identify whether a person is a Saint.
    http://www.spiritualresearchfoundati...piritual-level

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

No offense intended, but I think that when a nuclear bomb is detonated it gives rise to intense x-rays which cause immediate death, followed by the production of long half-life radio isotopes distributed around the blast site, resulting in in harmful long-term exposure. I'd never discourage anyone from doing a puja, but I don't see any reason why the specific mechanism you've proposed for protection from these would ever work. I think that seeking the safety of a radiation shelter would be more helpful than performing Agnihotra. Once you're safely away from the blast site, I think the Agnihotra would be more appropriate.

Namaste

I'm sorry, but I feel the need to speak bluntly on this topic:

This is not science. This is not even "research." I see nothing scientific here whatsoever.

The dharma stands to benefit not at all from such conflations and kitschy graphs where percentiles are glibly used to give the impression of quantitative analysis. Such will only discredit the dharma in the minds of those who are not educated in it - which is most people now.

Yes, we certainly do need scientific investigation - but this is not it, and this rather makes an inadvertent mockery of both science and the dharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuddhasattva View Post
    Namaste

This is not science. This is not even "research." I see nothing scientific here whatsoever.

The dharma stands to benefit not at all from such conflations and kitschy graphs where percentiles are glibly used to give the impression of quantitative analysis. Such will only discredit the dharma in the minds of those who are not educated in it - which is most people now.

Yes, we certainly do need scientific investigation - but this is not it, and this rather makes an inadvertent mockery of both science and the dharma.
    +1

... and the disguise is much worse than what christian creationists can prepare to claim their creationist theories as science.

what I posted was excerpts of 2 paragraphs
    this is not the complete article read everything herehttp://www.spiritualresearchfoundati...ling/agnihotra

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    No offense intended, but I think that when a nuclear bomb is detonated it gives rise to intense x-rays which cause immediate death, followed by the production of long half-life radio isotopes distributed around the blast site, resulting in in harmful long-term exposure. I'd never discourage anyone from doing a puja, but I don't see any reason why the specific mechanism you've proposed for protection from these would ever work. I think that seeking the safety of a radiation shelter would be more helpful than performing Agnihotra. Once you're safely away from the blast site, I think the Agnihotra would be more appropriate.
    Sanjaya=This is for you

Quote Originally Posted by Shuddhasattva View Post
    Namaste

The Blast: Much of the damage (approx 50%) inflicted by a nuclear explosion is the result of its shock wave. The blast wave pressure deposits energy in the material it passes through, including air. When the blast wave passes through solid material, the energy left behind causes damage.

Level of protection within the blast radius gained by a person who performs Agnihotra : 0%

The Thermal Radiation: Along with the blast approximately 30-50% of the energy of the destruction is due to thermal radiation. Even if one is many miles away from the blast, one is able to view a bright flash created by the exploding bomb. In addition to being intensely bright, this radiation is intensely hot (hence the name “thermal”). At 7 km away from the source of the blast one will experience third degree burns. Third degree burns cause tissue death all the way through the skin, including the stem cells required to regenerate skin tissue. A third degree burn over 25% of the body (or more) will typically precipitate shock in minutes that would require prompt medical attention.

Level of protection gained by a person who performs Agnihotra within the thermal radiation radius : 30%

The Ionizing Radiation: A nuclear detonation creates several forms of nuclear or ionizing radiation. The nuclear fission (atom splitting) and nuclear fusion (atom combining) that occur to produce the explosion release, either directly or indirectly, neutrons, gamma rays, beta particles, and alpha particles. (In the case of a 1 megaton explosion the effect of ionizing radiation (measured at 500 rems) is estimated to be 3.1 km from ground zero.)

Neutrons are heavy particles that are released from atoms’ nuclei. These tiny “missiles” can easily penetrate solid objects.

Another penetrating form of radiation is gamma rays, which are energetic photons. Both of these types of radiation can be deadly.

Beta and alpha particles are less dangerous, having ranges of several meters and several centimetres, respectively.

Alpha particles can cause harm only if they are ingested.

Level of protection within the radius of ionization radiation gained by a person who performs Agnihotra : 0%

Fallout: One of the effects of nuclear weapons detonated on or near the Earth’s surface is the resulting radioactive fallout. Immediately after the detonation, a great deal of earth and debris, made radioactive by the blast, is carried high into the atmosphere forming a mushroom cloud. The material drifts downwind and gradually falls back to earth, contaminating thousands of square miles. The larger the explosion, the higher and faster the fallout is lofted, and the smaller the proportion that is deposited in the lower atmosphere. This fallout can continue to impact residents in the area and far off areas for many years.

Level of protection within fallout radius gained by a person who performs Agnihotra : 50%

Now you see something scientific?

Vannakkam: If you don't believe that pujas, etc. can help in some way, why do them? So there is a middle ground, recognizing that some of the claims put out by 'science' are exaggerations, and also a recognition that pujas, purification rituals, and the like really do help, just not to the extent, or in the ways some might think.

Aum Namasivaya

Now you see something scientific?
    No. Claims couched in what the author imagines to be scientific language does not science make.

Thread Information