Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaivite Library

Shaivite Library

Hi......

Due to the general lack of information or study resources pertaining to shaivism on the internet, as compared to Vaishnavism or Advaita, I have been putting together a collection of ebooks on Shaivism I have found on the Internet.It's not complete yet , but currently there are 113 files(all pdf),total 316 mb.Any idea how i could go about sharing this with other Shaivas on HDF and make it available for public download?
    Thanks.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Re: Shaivite Library

That would be a treasure trove!

May I suggest that you can get in touch with the folks over at sanskritdocuments.org? Perhaps they have the webspace already available to host your documents.

They have a nice collection of Sanskrit works here.

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Due to the general lack of information or study resources pertaining to shaivism on the internet, as compared to Vaishnavism or Advaita, I have been putting together a collection of ebooks on Shaivism I have found on the Internet.
    huh? but more than contradiction, i don't believe what you are saying is correct. on contrary shaivism is most easily available thing about hinduism on the net due larger academic interest it has seen over the last few decades.

It's not complete yet , but currently there are 113 files(all pdf),total 316 mb.Any idea how i could go about sharing this with other Shaivas on HDF and make it available for public download?
    Thanks.
    that size can be shared even over social networks, apart from file hosting sites including google docs. you can also create a blog and attach files in posts....sort of long winded perhaps.

Omk. I can help you setup a standalone website for the library also if you'd like. You can have the download hosted on your own server or other file sharing websites, or P2P clients.

namaste,
    HDF has its own library at http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4544.

I can place your pdfs on the server and provide a link to download them from a directory on the server.

But as others have suggested there are better places to put these files on the Internet.
    satay

Twillight dance,I am not talking about only academic articles on kashmir shaivism and tantra ,but a comprehensive collection,like the ISKCONites have.I am talking about ebooks on the internet rather than printed works.I want it to cover all sects of shaivism.It includes translations of the verses of the nayanars,academic articles on the history of shaivism,books summarizing the shaivite puranic stories,arricles on the philisophy and theology of all sects of shaivism except the pashupatas and veerashaivas,on whom I have found nothing at all.
    I have gone through the hdf library and it is excellent,but most of the books I have are not up here.Some of the books I have seem to be under copyright,for eg.Kashmir Shaivism -The Secret Supreme.Will I be breaking copyright law if I post links to places where they are aldready posted? I would prefer to avoid putting them up myself.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Omkara; 17 August 2012 at 04:24 PM.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

You can upload them here: http://www.scribd.com/

Yes,It will probably be scribd.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Can you download pdfs via scribd? If not, then I think Sanskritdocuments.org would be a better idea. There are other websites out there too which keep their own archives.

I'd like to get my hands on some of these.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Can you download pdfs via scribd? If not, then I think Sanskritdocuments.org would be a better idea. There are other websites out there too which keep their own archives.

I'd like to get my hands on some of these.
    Yes, you can download anything after uploading a few items yourself.

I have done some encoding for Sanskrit documents a decade ago and they do not upload documents that have copyright.

Thread Information