Vanakkam everyone !

Don't give me this look ! I had no other idea for the title of the topic, this is the first thing that crossed my mind resulting on seeing some people's post (NOT only on HDF, NO names)

I have nothing against those people personally...But to be honest, I don't understand how they think and how some end up in HDF.

I have seen a sudden rise on some hindu websites, "yoga" and "Sanatana dharma boards" (I say it like this because many of them are pretending to be hindu and are just a bunch of neo-something completely ignorants of the scriptures) of many people claiming they are "Tantra".

Someone claiming this like this, makes me raise an eyebrow. "I am Tantra". First this simple claim show that apparently he/she don't understand the term Tantra, but if this person is a westerner like me I can understand. I am confused with new terms, okay.

Then this person begin to talk about his "Tantra practice". And it gets worse. This is my exact face :

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1131615_o.gif

People thinking that "practicing Tantra" is making wild sex each day of the week because "this is spiritual, you see to create the universe Shiva wildly **** Sakti !" or masturbate thinking about how the Linga is a beautiful penis.

This has to stop.

Why do I care ? Seriously ? Because those people make a bad name of Sanatana Dharma and Hindu people, that's why.
"Hello, I am a Saiva Bhakta !"
"EWW YOU PENIS WORSHIPPER EWW EWW can you help me to get laid ?"

I don't think neither born hindu, neither werterners practicing Sanatana Dharma need this kind of reputation spreading around, especially at the ears of some ignorants and intolerants people that will take a pleasure to make the news by insulting Hindu people and the religion.

Tantra is not a sex religion. Tantra is not disrespecting ShivLing by only seeing a tool of pleasure in it. Tantra is not shaking yourself imagining disgusting things of the Gods.

Tantra is scripture, Tantra is a path that needs initiation, hard sadhanas, pure will and devotion. And STUDY, like everything else.

I don't know why those people choose this. Some seems to deliberatly ignore the scriptures, ignore the real study of Tantra, just to stay in this "religion of sex" thing. Are they unable to cast away the tremendious attachement to desire they created ? Why casting away scriptures and study and just sticking in the "look pal, I am a Tantra, you can't understand."
"But did you rea..."
"You can't understand, I am a Tantra"
"But is being a Tantra for yo..."
"Sex ! Sex ! Shiva banging sakti and stuff ! Sex !"

How can you even discuss about anything with this attitude !

I don't care about the sex life of someone, I juste care when they spread so much idiotic things under the label of Sanatana Dharma ! I care when they remain deaf to everything because they are so superior in their "practice of Tantra" (consisting of sex, sex, sex, masturbation, sex, insulting neo-symbolism of Shiva, sex...)

Seriously. This has to stop.

Sorry for the post, I just had to let it go...I love so much Mahadev and Devi, it pains me to see people putting so much dirty on their holy names ! And it pains me more to see Sanatana Dharma and Hindu people more and more associated with those practices that have absolutely NO spiritual benefits for ANYONE.

Aum Namah Shivaya