Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel "Devilish"

I feel "Devilish"

I am a Hindu at heart when it comes to god but I always tell people I am a Luciferian. Luciferian is not Satanism but it is just a concept that the closest experience to god is gaining knowledge. Lucifer meaning bringer of light in its original Latin context means wisdom. Being a science orientated kind of guy I really dig the entire philosophy and theology that god is just pure wisdom and the achievement to obtain it.
    But Even though 90% of me is Hindu I still identify myself as a Luciferian. I find it hard to say I am a follower of Sanatana Dharma when I feel the need to say Luciferian.
    Is this bad in any way? I am still a practicing Hindu but my main goal is obtaining wisdom of god and what he has given us so I say Luciferian.
    I am my own person and I believe in spiritual individuality so I never like to say I am a Christian, Muslim or Hindu so I chose a theology with no dogma and is catered towards the person following it.
    Must I really profess myself as a Hindu to be a real Hindu?

Re: I feel "Devilish"

Vannakkam ShadowsandDust: Welcome to these forums. I would be interested in your beliefs rather than the labels of a religion. It often tells more. So when you say you are a 'practising' Hindu, what exactly do you mean by that? What do you do that would be considered a common Hindu practice?

I also have absolutely no idea what Luciferian means.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

If you want to be luciferian you can be one. Its totally your choice. I am not sure what aspects you enjoy about the path, but you might be interested in Tantra. I mean in particular worship of Siva in his fierce forms or Mother Kali. It is not devilish, it is actually a path filled with wisdom. These forms are showing us the Reality that is everything. Please feel free to explore. I think in Sanatana Dharma you have more to work with, because there is much that is known and passed down. Luciferian paths are reconstructionist. Which is fine, it just may not give you all the wisdom that was passed down. It is better to find the indwelling God who manifest everything. Nothing is outside your Awareness, Lucifer, etc.. all appear in your awareness. This is your Universe. You are Siva.

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam ShadowsandDust: Welcome to these forums. I would be interested in your beliefs rather than the labels of a religion. It often tells more. So when you say you are a 'practising' Hindu, what exactly do you mean by that? What do you do that would be considered a common Hindu practice?

I also have absolutely no idea what Luciferian means.

Aum Namasivaya
    Luciferianism does not have any true rules or dogma but the only common ground in it is the obtainment of wisdom and knowledge and that is it.
    Common Luciferian beliefs......

Man can be whatever he desires.
    Man is not mean't to be ignorant.
    Gaining wisdom about God's creation or god himself is the greatest thing one can do for god.
    Never live by rules or restrictions, explore learn and create.

These are common beliefs Luciferians hold but not all Luciferians belief the same thing as there is no dogma. In short Luciferianism just means to understand yourself and do what it takes to make you content with your soul or life. It is not a true religion.

I perform puja, I pray to Krishna, I try my best to abide by the Vedas and Bhagavad Gita, I believe in the soul and reincarnation, and the divinity of the Deva and Devi. I associate a lot of my spirituality as Hindu/Dharmic basically

Namaste Luciferian

Honestly, I am confused why someone would use such a term, if one is 90 percent aligned with SD or Hinduism.

I will say one thing, while I am not familiar with what you are talking about, I think I understand that Satan was once an Angel who was a guardian to a Gateway to Heavan and he fell to Earth or lower universe or loka due to various self centered power trips.

Now it is also said, Ravan was also a Guardian to a Gateway prior, so... perhaps you should give up the Luciferian way and ask Ravan which way to gp at this juncture.

Om Namah Sivayz

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste Luciferian

Honestly, I am confused why someone would use such a term, if one is 90 percent aligned with SD or Hinduism.

I will say one thing, while I am not familiar with what you are talking about, I think I understand that Satan was once an Angel who was a guardian to a Gateway to Heavan and he fell to Earth or lower universe or loka due to various self centered power trips.

Now it is also said, Ravan was also a Guardian to a Gateway prior, so... perhaps you should give up the Luciferian way and ask Ravan which way to gp at this juncture.

Om Namah Sivayz
    Lucifer means morning star and Jesus was given the same name also. Lucifer also never rebelled against god nor was cast down because he is not a Biblical character. Lucifer also was not Satan in the Bible either and was not used to reference Satan because of poor translation again. It is odd enough that Lucifer a Greek/Latin deity is called Satan in the Bible and Jesus also is it not?
    The name is Latin and he is a Hellenistic deity that was the inspiration of good will and hope. Lucifer refers to gods such as Eosphorus or Earendel not Satan. I would not dare worship such foul a character. Lucifer basically refers to the star deities that inspired exploration and hope. Nothing to do with Satan or evil at all.

Agni is fire/light and one of the most important Vedic gods. This is because he is mentioned first in the oldest of the scriptures, the Rig Veda. He also is the reciever of all sacrifices and the messenger to every god. If you really worship Lucifer you will have a hard time switching to a Vedic god unless you hit on his Vedic equivalent by accident (I have no idea who he would be an aspect of). This is because the supreme personality of godhead makes your faith in that god firm once you have made the decision. You can read about this in The Bhagavad Gita. You should read the entire Bhagavad Gita carefully as this is one of the foundational pillars of Sanatana Dharma.

Lucifer is a Christian invention. Does he have an equivalent for you in the Vedas? This is important because outside of the Vedas things get very murky and you are much better off attaching yourself to a form well documented in the Vedas.

I associate Sesha Ananta with every snake god on the planet of course but I don't go past Sanskrit or Sumerian for the name since these languages were designed and studied by ancient scholars to evoke power and connect to the true and purest form of divinity.
    Last edited by izi; 08 September 2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Om Hrim Kshraum Ugram Veeram Maha-Vishnum, Jwalantham Sarvatho Mukham Nrisimham Bheeshanam Bhadram Mrityu-Mrityum Namaamyaham

Follower of Śeṣanaaga

Quote Originally Posted by izi View Post
    Lucifer is a Christian invention. Does he have an equivalent for you in the Vedas? This is important because outside of the Vedas things get very murky and you are much better off attaching yourself to a form well documented in the Vedas.
    That's often what I wonder too when dealing with this whole Satanism fad. Lucifer/Satan is a Christian invention. And if he does have an analog in Hinduism, it would be to the Rakshasas. These guys are never portrayed in a positive light as far as I know, so I wonder if a Hindu can revere this Lucifer figure and not have an untenable worldivew.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    That's often what I wonder too when dealing with this whole Satanism fad. Lucifer/Satan is a Christian invention. And if he does have an analog in Hinduism, it would be to the Rakshasas. These guys are never portrayed in a positive light as far as I know, so I wonder if a Hindu can revere this Lucifer figure and not have an untenable worldivew.
    He is the bringer of light of self knowledge, he is the snake that is winding up on the tree of life, also promising knowledge of good and evil to mankind, than he is also associated with the moon and the light of the bright star Venus, so he definetly is comparable to Shiva. especially in the form of the primal source of Knowledge the Guru, one is reminded that the Guru of the Asuras is also the planet Venus, shukra. He is also comparable to the greek God Prometheus who brought the flame to earth in his hollow wand, with the same intention to help makind develop knowledge, therefore like Shiva who has the same function he is is related to Fire, to Agni, to the lightning indra and the light of the sun surya and he is not only agni fire but also the the sacrifice, since he himself had to suffer for this heroic deed of bringing enlightment and knowledge to mankind in christian myth he is therefore identified with evil and being forced by the oppressor god who is averse to knowledge to leave "heaven" and incarnate. He is also often identified with the greek deity Dionysos or Pan, Zagreus in orphism who also is identical with the great God shiva or Bhairava. Dionysos was similarly associated with the bull, snake the moon and worshipped in the form of a Linga. In his form as Satan or Shaitan he also carries a trishula like Lord Shiva. The origins of the christian concept of the devil, satan or lucifer rather go back to these pagan cults and divine prototypes than to the judaistic Angeology. It is obvious that these symbols Light, Fire, Moon, Sun, Lightning, Lingam, Wand filled with fire, snake and trishula refer to the kundalini shakti who is the source of knowledge.
    Interesting Study by A. Danielou:
    http://www.alaindanielou.org/Shiva-a...nysus,125.html
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 09 September 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    Lucifer is not a Christian invention brother. Jesus was given the name Lucifer in the Bible. Lucifer is a Latin character as I said before and was added in the translation of the Bible as were many foreign pagan concepts such as the trinity. SO we are not talking about Satanism because Luciferianism is not int he same category as it has nothing to do with Satan.
    As I said before, why on earth would I worship a vile figure such as Satan.

Thread Information