Thread: Remedies

Remedies

Namaste

I recently got a Janmukundali report by onlinejyotish.com, and the astrologer that drew my report gave me remedies for inauspicious planetary alignments. I was told that I should chant 10 malas of the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra for 125 days. Personally, chanting 10 malas of the mantra would be long setting and it takes me 20 mins to chant on mala. But I was wondering if I would be able to chant 5 malas in the early morning (2 1/2 hours before sunrise) and then 5 more malas at sunset? Or should I just chant 10 malas in one setting?

Dhanyavadah!!!!
    Jai Maa Durga

Re: Remedies

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

oṁ mṛtyuñjayāya namaḥ
    oṁ I bow (salutations) to mṛtyuñjaya,
    the conqueror of death

... just a few ideas for your consideration.

A remedy = upāya - that by which one reaches one's aim , a means or expedient.

You wish to start 2.5 hours before sunrise. A noble effort. I will assume some one told you this is a good time ? Let's take a look at the time slot that was perhaps offered as the suggested time:

Brāhma-muhūrta is part of saṃdhyopāsana: saṃdhyā + upāsana = saṃdhyopāsana. That is, when during the junction points of the day (saṃdhyā , some say saṃdhi) upāsana¹ is performed.

There are 3 times during the day : dawn ( and hence brāhma-muhūrta), noon & twilight. Each time have their entry point measured in muhūrta or in ghaṭikā-s. These 3 are sometimes known as traikālika saṃdhyā.

Now for morning we are considering brāhma-muhūrta. What is muhūrta ? It equals 48 minutes and there are 30 muhurta in a 24 hr. period ( 48min x 30 = 24 hours).
    This brāhma-muhūrta begins 2 muhūrta before sunrise -or- 48 min X 2 = 1 hr. 36 min. Beginning 2 1/2 hours before sunrise is missing the brāhma-muhūrta timeframe. Yet you would in fact 'spill' into the time, yet you will lose some precious sleep also, and the body will not be at its optimum functioning.

re: doing 10 mālā-s of 5 and 5 ( a.m. and p.m.) is reasonable. Yet as humans we say ' oh I did 4 already, I will do 6 then this evening' . The human (paśu) does this all the time with everything... If you make this choice of 5x5 , then do not break your commitment to yourself.

More on mṛtyuñjayāya can be found at this HDF post:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=5099

praām

1. upāsana - homage , adoration , worship ; this word also means 'being intent on or engaged in'
    Last edited by yajvan; 10 September 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste yajvan!

Oh, so maybe I should start the Japa 1 1/2 hours before sunrise? And I can do evening Japa at sunset? That's what I understand about your reply. Thank you very much for your reply! It's helped me a lot!

Dhanyavadah!!!
    Jai Maa Durga

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by cmorel02 View Post
    Namaste yajvan!
    Oh, so maybe I should start the Japa 1 1/2 hours before sunrise? And I can do evening Japa at sunset? That's what I understand about your reply. Thank you very much for your reply! It's helped me a lot!
    This would be good. For the a.m. if you are an early riser, it is good to be fresh, washed and ready for your program. Then in the p.m. at sunset will be fine.

praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information