Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I love Hinduism!

I love Hinduism!

Vannakkam: Indeed, I do. At least my version. Let me count the ways.

1) There is a clearly defined goal of life.
    2) The culture is just fascinating: intricacies are everywhere. I could watch it for hours.
    3) There are true clear teachers who can show the way.
    4) It's not complicated if you don't choose to make it complicated.
    5) If there are confusions, help is at hand.
    6) There are clear moral guidelines. No 'Maybes'.
    7) I set my own pace.
    8) No panic. Lots of time.
    9) People of same ilk are beautiful people, so it isn't hard finding good company, wise company.
    10) It's wise in so many ways, has so much to offer the planet, like ayurveda, jyothish.
    11) It's non-violent.

I just woke up today and realised how incredibly lucky I am. I think of Bhairava, the mystical gatekeeper, and thank Him for allowing me into this awesome religion.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: I love Hinduism!

Namaste,

Very interesting, thoughtful observations, EM!

Pranam.

PS, It is the place that God made before He made heaven, according to MT.

Namaste

I agree with all 11 points of Eastern Mind. The 11 points are the 11 Rudras.

But I will add one more, almost childlike response.

I love Hinduism because it's FUN!

It is so full of COLOR (darshan), beautiful sounds and songs (puja, bells, bhajan, mantra, music), wonderful food and magical moments (prashadam), even wonderful smells (flowers and incense), companionship and friends (devotees), fantastic and rewarding conversation and narrations and diversity almost unimaginable in sweetness and delight!

But it is different than any other kind of FUN.

Because it is SPIRITUAL.

I have never had or will have so much FUN as this spiritual adventure. That's why I will never go back to being without it. It is almost like being a cowherd boy with Krishna. Or a meditation on the beautiful Moon crowning the head of Shiva. The white robes of Mother Saraswati. Arguing about the color of Ram, the meaning of Om, the fastest way to moksha, the best sweets to offer to Muruga or Ganesh, which crown upon the head of Durga on Monday, and what's on the HDF today?

This is too fun!

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste to both of you

I love Hinduism, because as Shivafan pointed out, it's fun. I love Bhagavan Shiva, and He loves me

Shivoham.
    "We live in a strange world. We should rejoice at the differences, yet people find fault with it. This is His Joy to create multiplicity." - Yajvan

Vannakkam: I was just getting started. Please forgive me if I get redundant.

12) I love flowers ... we can use God's gifts to give to God, garlands, petals with names, temple decorations ... all so beautiful, in colour and fragrance.
    13) Incense ... where else can you go where the religion smells nice?
    14) I can practice, "It's your phone, you don't have to answer it." The gift of will and will power allows us to determine our own courses of action, not be sheep.
    15) There is no intermediary between devotee and God. A clear line.
    16) Homas ... one of the most powerful rituals existing on the planet.
    17) The Hindu wedding ... nothing quite like a good wedding.
    18) Saris ... nothing so colourful in fabric. I had a western friend looking for colourful fabric, I suggested an Indian fabric shop, now she's regular.
    19) Happy children ... happy parents, happy children
    20) Vibhuthi ... the smell of fresh vibhuthi, and putting it on your forehead .. wow!
    21) I have a personal relationship with Lord Ganesha. Not some imaginary friend way, but as Real as a tree.

Will be continued ..

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,

This one appealed to me :

4) It's not complicated if you don't choose to make it complicated.

If you choose (to make it complicated) ... God bless you !!

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Pranam EM and all

Most people say it with pride Hinduism is a way of life, the beauty lies in surrender, detachment etc. Walk the walk,talk---
    let it not be said the path is laid with bed of roses, heard it many times, it is like walking on a double edge sword, yet it is the way of life that has survived the ravages of time, not without a reason, it's foundation is TRUTH.
    Satyam Shivam Sundaram.

Made simple in this yuga just chant the holy name

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Vannakkam: Thank you to all other contributers.

22) When this body wears out, 'I' get a break and then get another new one.
    23) 'I' will reach moksha, as every jiva does.
    24) if I have unfulfilled desires, I can come back and fulfill them. If I don't then that's even better.
    25) The ancient temples of Hinduism are probably the finest pieces of architectural stone work on this planet, and some people, including me, are lucky enough to see them.
    26) Everything, save one thing, is temporal. So all emotions, attachments, pass.
    27) There is no eternal hell.
    28) The music of Hinduism is the most complex and beautiful, and musicians are the finest trained on the planet, and I get to watch them, usually for free.

Aum Namasivaya

29. Because I want to see/be with God, I will. there are no ifs, ands or buts about it:

Let your mind be engrossed in Me. Offer worship to Me. Be resigned to Me. Beloved as you are of me, I pledge in truth you shall come to Me alone. Bhagavad Gita 18.65
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste, yes the beauty that is Hinduism - here are a few

1. Everything is done with God in mind. Have you seen a classical dancer. He/she touches the ground and then feet first to seek forgiveness to Mother Earth.

To follow the Bharata Natyam Tanjore tradition- with Shikhara mudra on the shoulders, assume the arai mandi position and strike the right and then the left foot, with the intention of seeking the blessings of Goddess Saraswati- the Goddess of Knowledge; and Godess Laxmi- the Goddess of wealth. Moving downwards to full mandi position touch the ground and then your eyes with your fingertips, to seek forgiveness and blessings of Mother Earth

http://www.thiswaytobliss.com/Namaskar.html

2. We see God in snakes (people offer milk inside temples), cows, different trees - talk of protecting forests and animals

3. If we touch a book with your foot your immediately touch your eyes - book is Saraswathi and again a reminder to see God everywhere. Samething for money - Lakshmi. And you are not supposed to touch anyone with your foot - God is in him too.

Thread Information