Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I love Hinduism!

Re: I love Hinduism!

Namaste EM.

Lol Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: @Jainarayan ... hey, make your own list, I want to get to 108. Quit stealing my numbers. The people who mentioned it is fun have it right.

29) You can easily take it with you wherever you go because its inside you.
    30) Mangoes - Ganesha loves mangoes, and so do I. If somebody invents a temperate mango, I'm in!
    31) You can disagree with someone without facing a hate stare or ridicule.
    32) When you close your eyes, you get to see things only you can see, a gift from God.
    33) With training comes insight, so you can see things in a wiser perspective, from a more whole POV.
    34) It has built in exercise, walking pilgrimages, prostrations, hatha yoga, so in order to get exercise you just have to practice your religion.
    35) The route is marked. There are signposts along the way so you don't get lost.
    36) Intelligent people are curious about you, and it is therefore easier to engage them in pleasant discussion, improving the day on both sides.

Aum Namasivaya
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste,

Indeed, only some 74 days until liftoff. Until then here will have to do.
    For me it is 30 days to lift off, but mine will be a totally different type of trip and I will be back long before you depart. Hope you have a fruitful, spiritually fulfilling time there. And say some prayers on my behalf too. Those majestic temples in the South are unique; nothing like them up in the North.

Pranam.

Namaste EM

Oh my goodness, once again you travel to South India. I know requests like this can quickly get out of control, I hope not to encourage such, but a selfish request - to ask a little blessing for ShivaFan from Muruga? And say Jai Valli for me?

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste EM

Oh my goodness, once again you travel to South India. I know requests like this can quickly get out of control, I hope not to encourage such, but a selfish request - to ask a little blessing for ShivaFan from Muruga? And say Jai Valli for me?

Om Namah Sivaya
    Vannakkam: Not South India. Mauritius. There is a Hindu revival there, and I have many friends in the same sampradaya. There are lots of Murugan temples, and lots of bhakti orientated devotees. Kavadi is big there too for Thai Pusam. So it will be my first real Thai Pusam. We are staying in one spot for 3 months, but the island is small, and there is an excellent bus service. I have good contacts.

But compared to Believer, I go nowhere.

Aum Namasivaya

Vannakkam:

37) There are many strategies or tantras for dealing with clearing the mind of dross.
    38) Generally speaking, you're surrounded by pure-thinking people.
    39) I can walk into any temple in North America, and feel welcomed, or 'at home' just sitting in front of the main shrine, or moolasthanam.
    40) I am able to answer any question regarding philosophy to my own satisfaction.
    41) There is a lot of horizontal transfer of concepts learned in one aspect of life, over to a different, unrelated aspect of life.
    42) I have a new appreciation for nature.
    43) My tastebuds get to explore the world of food from the many cultures within Hinduism - always interesting.
    44) There is no 'hate'. Caution, yes, but not hate.

Aum Namasivaya

No place else do women draw beautiful KOLAM on the entranceway to the houses early in the morning inviting divine aura as well as paving a way for the small animals and birds to feed on during the day!

jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Vannakkam Aspirant: Love your name by the way. Yes, they are really amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen this stuff, please google KOLAM with images. It's really amazing. The people who can do it do it really well.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    No place else do women draw beautiful KOLAM on the entranceway to the houses early in the morning inviting divine aura as well as paving a way for the small animals and birds to feed on during the day!

Namaste Aspirant,

When I discovered these I fell in love! I used to do a lot of sidewalk drawing with colored chalk and I sometimes still do it on certain holidays. I am hoping to try and make a Kolam for Diwali this year. I have seen videos of women making them and the method reminds me a little of how Irish artisans map out their elaborate knotwork designs and illuminated manuscripts. Thanks for sharing!

Peace!
    "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vannakkam Aspirant: Love your name by the way. Yes, they are really amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen this stuff, please google KOLAM with images. It's really amazing. The people who can do it do it really well.

Aum Namasivaya
    Vanakkam EMji,

Before you get to your 108 points of why you love Hinduism, you'll get another 108 suggestions from all of us here! This topic is so exciting!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Vannakkam: The local Tamil association here sponsored a KOLAM contest around the sidewalk of the temple one summer. There was some great work. Individual families competed.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information