Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murugan and womens

Re: Murugan and womens

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    You bet! But I feel orthodox Shaivites frown more at Vaishnavites for their beliefs than vice versa...
    Ah! I've seen the exact behaviour from my orthodox vaishnavite friends. So, both the sides of valley are not really green

could be my perception only not sure. Lord Mahadev might be the rudra that even Vishnu merges into at the end of dissolution of the entire Universe before next cycle begins, meaning, Mahadeva lives longer than that,
    Again, i've heard similar statements with Shri Hari and Lord Rudra's names interchanged.

It is offensive somewhat.
    I used to get offended, nowadays i don't bother. It's between the devi and me. Why should anyone else have a say?

I've noticed such an attitude in comments like 'It is Mahadeva's laughing time when an old Vishnu dies and new Vishnu takes birth' and so forth...
    Never heard these kind of statements though..

McKitty,

I think any diety that can offer Moksha can be worshipped by both genders - don't females want Moksha??
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Vanakkam,

McKitty,

I think any diety that can offer Moksha can be worshipped by both genders - don't females want Moksha??
    H....Hey I never say the contrary Of course women seek Moksha too !
    But there are certain rules in every traditions, certain mantras not to say, certain deities not to worship without some conditions, that's why I asked. I don't want to go against any tradtition, or making a faux pas...And I don't want to adopt the "ignorant westerner attitude" (saying "I do what I want" and worship anything incorrectly)

But thank you !

You are right SriBala, about asking Mahadev and other....Your experience is amazing ! I had nearly the same about Maa Durga. After several day forgetting to do my Sadhana to Shiva, I prayed and meditated on Her only instead of Mahadev. I asked Maa to forgive me, that I was afraid that Mahadev would not listen anymore because I forgot Him for some time...I asked Her to do anyhting for Shiva not being angry....The same night she appeared to me, Her body seated, Her head was a Lingam with 4 of Her faces.
    I should trust Mahadev and ask him about it. I really, really love him very dearly!

Aspirant, noooo fiiiiight xD Don't give credit to the eternal "vishnu vs Shiva" debate...Because they are the same Supreme. And the people that argue pointlessly about it, or the people that watch they arguing pointlessly about it, they both loose precious time they could use for spirituality instead of fight !

Thank you very much for your comments and experiences !

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by ShriBala View Post
    I just ignore orthodoxy and follow where my heart takes me. I can only suggest you to do the same.
    I controlled myself about taking part in this debate, but the above line forced me to inquire.

I hope the above statement does not translate to:
    Throw away the old.
    Rewrite the scriptures.
    Do a make over of all the traditional pujas and rituals.
    Drive the orthodox out of town and let the new generation redefine everything.
    Follow your heart.....no matter where it takes you.

I apologize if the author did not intend to convey the above.
    Words must be chosen to convey what is intended.
    They can be lethal in the hands of idle minds.

Pranam.

Vanakkam Believerji

I don't know if the poster meaned that or not, maybe he/she can come and clear the subject for you

I didn't understand it like that, I must also say that I have utmost respect for tradition, and that I try my best to practice puja and abhisekam according to them. Of course I follow my heart, but I also follow traditions. I wanted to worship some fierce deities or to recite some mantras, more knowledgable traditionalists said no, and explained to me why. That's it.

I follow my heart, but I still bow to my teachers, even when what they say contradict with what I want. I am not a child anymore that want this right now the way he wants.
    I agree too that an attitude of "I'm doing what I want screw the tradition" can be dangerous when associated with certain minds...But it depends so much of the individual

There is a danger of being to far from tradition, and one from being too close....And there is the middle x3

But it's also possible to stay open and practice according to the tradition. I am not saying that we should throw away the old, give the boot to the traditionalists etc....This would be very bad for the school to throw the teachers away. But it's possible to stay traditionnal without being hostile to new things perhaps ?

Oh by the way, you are from India right ? I don't know if you are south or north, but how does it goes about Murugan and womens ? Is there no problem ?

I'll try to search again the hindu websites I saw this written, maybe it would help...

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by McKitty; 19 September 2012 at 12:38 PM.
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Namaskar believer.

Honestly, didn't even think of those options. Thanks for letting me know.

A small example should suffice to elucidate what i meant by orthodoxy.

It is appalling to delineate superiority and prioritize the human birth as Vaishnava > brahmins who aren't > other groups.

So which one of those brilliant thoughts of yours that you'd so kindly elucidated, did i have when i said i will not kowtow to the orthodox?

It is ridiculous thoughts such as that of the old man's.

And one more thing - for a sri vaishnavite, every other form of god is within Vishnu/Shri Hari. And those who don't believe that are not true Vaishnavites.

I'm a pariah as far as the orthodox are concerned. And am happy to stay that way.
    Last edited by ShriBala; 11 December 2012 at 06:35 AM.

Vanakkam !

Thank you for sharing your view, you bring something I didn't took in consideration.

By "away from the tradition" I was understanding "unusual/meaningless ways to worship" like I see in the western countries in every religion.

Orthodoxy, the way you say it, is a way to discriminate and put a superior/inferior meaningless hierarchy that is not very healthy in 2012. I am not a Vaishnavite, I don't know if all are like this, but I never had any problem in Saivite places and temples in Tamil Nadu....

Like I said it's not good to stray away too much from traditionnal learnings and worship. You can gather as much knowledge as you want from them, this does not stop you to follow your heart and reason about what is good for your spiritual progress, and what is not.

But becoming too "orthodox" is a danger for yourself, because you loose open mindeness, you close your heart from others, and the divine is in others too.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Hi there guys (Believer/McKitty/ShriBala):

I think this entire confusion started with me posting about Desa Mangayarkarasi's comment on Sri Vaishnavism. That message does not belong here, (late realization) and sorry for bringing it in.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Post deleted
    Last edited by ShriBala; 11 December 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Double post. Deleted
    Last edited by ShriBala; 19 September 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Thread Information