Thread: "entering a church/gudwara" - facepalm thread

"entering a church/gudwara" - facepalm thread

Greetings all,

Ever so often I come across posts/threads that are completely ridiculous and make you wonder if we are living in the 21st century!

The summary is that the OP'er has two friends - one of whom is a Xian and the other a Sikh and their respective weddings are going to be in a church and a gurudwara. He asks whether it is halaal to attend these ceremonies.

You may already be dumbstruck at this point. Why should this even be an issue? And you would be right. I have personally attended a Catholic wedding and a Muslim wedding without batting an eyelid. I am sure you would have too. But wait...there is more. Here are some enlightened responses.

Possibly find an excuse and avoid going there.
    I mean..that is what friends do, sir...invite one another over on special occasions. And the expectation in friendship is a basic level of decency and honesty. You can not make excuses to avoid being there for a friend. That is basic human courtesy.

Then there are hadiths brought in support of the fact that going over to someone else's place of worship, even on the occasion of a wedding, is haraam/makrooh.

Definitely would not think about entering a sikh temple, that is a temple of the mushrikeen is not somewhere a muslim should be, leave them to their religion and we to ours. i would tell them why not as well, use it as an opportunity to explain islam to them.

these are places of Shirk, Unless your going to give them Dawah and Invite them to Islam, avoid them, and politely refuse.
    Well, of course, it is normal for Muslims to call everyone else mushrikeen. Let us not get into the fact that Kaaba is one of the biggest places of idol worship and Muslims basically have to say Mohammed in the same breath as Allah when they recite the Shahada. For all talk about idol worship, et al, these in themselves constitute idol worship. Be that as it may, this poster is suggesting it is okay to enter a mushrikeen's place of worship as long as you get a chance to do Dawah on them. That is quite sinister of you, sir. You want to be able to propagate your religion in our place of worship, but you are so narrow-minded not to allow our religion wherever you guys become 51% of the population...why is that, dear sir?

brother its a religious ceremony of marriage, in a church and in a sikh temple, we are not permitted to even be witness such things.
    More

Sikhism was created by Guru Nanak in an attempt to reconcile Hinduism and Islam, therefore, despite all of Guru Nanak's good intentions, it is still a man-made religion.
    But for a lot of us, our man-made religions seem quite superior to this Divine Religion that is Islam. Why would that be, sir?

One thing though...I would have LOVED if Muslims had been true to their scriptures and not entered us Kuffr's places of worship. Thousands of temples may have not been destroyed by these practitioners of the religion of peace.
    Last edited by satay; 30 September 2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Thread to adharmic site removed.

Thread Information