Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever cried for ......

Re: Do you ever cried for ......

Quote Originally Posted by AmIHindu View Post
    Namaste,

Sri Ramkrishna says that we cry for many many things in this world. We cry for better job, better future prospects, some may cry for better school, husband cry for wife, wife cry for husband, mother cry for kid and kid cry for mother. Hungry and not hungry both cry for food, more and more food we need. If we get food then we need better, delicious food, nutritious food. Always busy in this world to get some kind of status, so we cry for status. We do so much so much that we need self recognition in the society, so we cry for self recognition, our name plate will be displayed in temple for donation,but we do not cry for GOD. No one cries for GOD.

So last time when you cried for and was it for GOD ?
    I think that most believers cry for God. One of the last displays of intense emotion I had was over the fact that there's no one to discuss Krishna with in my area. I was crying very hard. If God means a lot to someone, they will cry over Him. If He doesn't, they will remain silent. God is everything to the believer, so a believer will cry for Him. Unfortunately, there aren't many believers in our world today, otherwise our world would be flooded with tears.
    May Hari and Hari-Priyaa be your comfort and support!

Namaste JayaRadhe

This is a very insightful post and only validates what is a reality for most Hindus - the life of Hinduism lives in the devotees and the joy in Hinduism are those moments shared and among devotees. Devotees are so very important to the experience.

You are a devotee of Lord Krishna. One of the amazing Qualities of Krishna is His power of attraction. I pray you find fellow devotees immediately, so let us try the Attraction of Krishna to bring devotees like bees to the flowers.

This may sound strange, but give a try. Take a small picture of Krishna and put It in your upper shirt pocket next to your heart. The Attraction power of Krishna can even send good vibrations out for quite a distance, even if not seen. Then wait and hold on, listen and look. For the devotee.

Now Krishna naturally likes your prayers and good thoughts. So I am not saying Krishna is not there to be with you. But here is a fun idea. Balaram likes to be friends with devotees. So pray to Balaram, for your chance to meet devotees.

However, keep one thing in mind. Balaram likes to do practical jokes. He is probably going to do jokes so just in case it should be noted.

Do you have an internet connection? I think ISKCON is a good way to get with some Krishna devotees, even if there is no temple nearby. Find the one close as you can and then call the temple, ask how you can meet devotees near you. Many have events in their homes, local gatherings and such. Singing bhajans is a great way to find all sorts of things.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 30 October 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Namaste.

Many times during the worship of Lord Shiva, I will be on the verge of tears or have them in my eyes, but I won't actually cry. I always catch myself before I allow myself the luxury of indulging in it.
    My 'scientific mind' still won't allow me that pleasure.

If I see a beautiful picture of Kali Ma, Krishna, Lord Rama etc it also happens too, but my heart belongs to Lord Shiva...there's totally no doubt of that. It just feels so beautiful, yet so exquisitely painful whenever He takes it.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 08 January 2013 at 09:23 AM.

Thread Information