Thread: Did my first "worship"

Did my first "worship"

Namaste,

I don't know if any of you recognize my name, as I've not been a regular member on here. I'll pop in for a day or two and then leave for weeks at a time. Anyway, I finally got around to doing my first "worship" ceremony. Basically around a year ago I asked Ganesh to help my family get into this house we wanted to live in. It worked out, but I never thanked him properly. So today I went to the Indian store and bought some incense and a Ganesh murti. I chanted "Aum gam ganapatiya namaha" 3 times and lit a stick of incense in front of him.

Nothing big, but I'm really happy that I finally got around to doing it. This is my first murti and I will try my best to spend a little bit of time everyday in worship or meditation.

Re: Did my first "worship"

congrats!
    Om Gam Ganapataye Namah!

Hi SIL,

Hope allz well and also that your vegetarian plan is going on schedule.

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by squidgirl View Post
    congrats!
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Hi SIL,

Hope allz well and also that your vegetarian plan is going on schedule.

Best.
    Hi wundermonk

All IS well. I already feel my worries melting away. Too cliche? It's true.

Eh, not quite. I'm not vegetarian yet, but I've vastly cut back on meat so far. And I made the decision to never eat beef again. For now I'm trying to stick to chicken, lamb, and fish. Slowly, I will wean myself off of meat.

The best to you as well.

Namaste ShivaIsLord!
    Congratulations on this step and best of luck in continued spiritual growth.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaIsLord View Post
    Namaste,

I don't know if any of you recognize my name, as I've not been a regular member on here. I'll pop in for a day or two and then leave for weeks at a time. Anyway, I finally got around to doing my first "worship" ceremony. Basically around a year ago I asked Ganesh to help my family get into this house we wanted to live in. It worked out, but I never thanked him properly. So today I went to the Indian store and bought some incense and a Ganesh murti. I chanted "Aum gam ganapatiya namaha" 3 times and lit a stick of incense in front of him.

Nothing big, but I'm really happy that I finally got around to doing it. This is my first murti and I will try my best to spend a little bit of time everyday in worship or meditation.

Vannakkam: The wise would say to try to do something every day, and just have it grow naturally. Ganesha is like Hinduism's tour guide, welcoming you at the inner door of our mystical faith. Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

It appears that the groundbreaking ceremony has been performed. Now comes the part about laying a foundation and building on it, with one brick at a time.

Best wishes.

Pranam.

Namaste ShivaIsLord,

Great to hear. May Maha Ganapati guide you ever deeper into the glories of Sanatana Dharma.

Jai Sri Ganesh
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information