Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vedas translated in English coming

Re: Vedas translated in English coming

Namast,

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    What is your basis for this, can you provide evidence to back up your assertion.
    Sahasranama has mentioned his position on the Agniveer site and translations in this thread. I remember the post because I agree with his opinion.

Yajvan, thank you for a lovely post. Your teacher's words (and your words on them) always fill me with serenity, and I think these thoughts on Veda can benefit all members.

Jetavan, SAKSI's website used to include a section of Vedic hymns in translation - a few selected verses to each Devatā, given as a sample of Kashyap's work. I enjoyed them all. They were spiritually-elevated and given in beautiful language, and carefully explained so that everyone could understand. Based on those few hymns, I opine that you could do far worse than reading those translations.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    Was not aware of this.
    Have you read them, and would you recommend them?
    I'll read one of the texts in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    Jetavan, SAKSI's website used to include a section of Vedic hymns in translation - a few selected verses to each Devatā, given as a sample of Kashyap's work. I enjoyed them all. They were spiritually-elevated and given in beautiful language, and carefully explained so that everyone could understand. Based on those few hymns, I opine that you could do far worse than reading those translations.
    Thanks, that's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    Namast,

Sahasranama has mentioned his position on the Agniveer site and translations in this thread. I remember the post because I agree with his opinion.

Again that response does not go into detail, think it would be better if you went to agniveer and put your case, as agniveer translations reconcile to primal points in Hinduism.

Can you show your translation vis a vis agniveer, and provide clear evidence, otherwise just your interpretations.

Even indologist translations of the vedas are better than arya samaj translations.Any translation that tries to insinuate that the vedas do not accept the existence of deities other than the supreme being deserves to be thrown in the dustbin right away.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Even indologist translations of the vedas are better than arya samaj translations.Any translation that tries to insinuate that the vedas do not accept the existence of deities other than the supreme being deserves to be thrown in the dustbin right away.
    Facts of the verses have to be taken into acount. To simply dismiss on basis on one or two points when transtranslations helpp to clear up the garbage of birth based caste, which has no sanction in Vedas, can only help whereby gender equality is explained and helps to reconcile to female forms of god, speaks volumes, as they reconcile not unreconciled jibbery of animal sacrifices, dear me!

Worship of female deities has nothing to do with gender equality.It originates in the Sankhya concept of Parkriti and Purusha.Thus does not of course have any bearing on the fact that India has treated women better than any civilization in history.

As to animal sacrifice in the vedas,several members here have had a long scripture based discussion on the matter and come to the conclusion that the vedas do prescribe animal sacrifice.Please go through the discussion here.I would be very happy if you can refute our conclusions.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...newpost&t=9858
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Having god in female form, has a lot to do with gender equality, otherwise there would not be female forms, it is what is staring us inthe face, Jai mata di, noty jai pappa ji.

Now you can go here to argue your point on animal sacrifices:
    http://agniveerfans.wordpress.com/20...efore-deities/

The ever changing material universe was personified as female because of the supposed capricious nature of females.Sound like gender equality to you?

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    The ever changing material universe was personified as female because of the supposed capricious nature of females.Sound like gender equality to you?
    Can you point me to any readings in the upaniad-s or āgama-s that support this view ?

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information