Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vedas translated in English coming

Vedas translated in English coming

At last we will have Hindu translations of primal Sanatan Dharma scriptures into English:

http://agniveer.com/agniveer-vedic-store-vedas/

Re: Vedas translated in English coming

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I am happy to see this...
    Yet I do not see any excerpts from the books. This ( for me) would be key. To get a glimpse of the writing style and translation.

praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    At last we will have Hindu translations of primal Sanatan Dharma scriptures into English:

http://agniveer.com/agniveer-vedic-store-vedas/
    I see a Hindi translation on that website, but not English translation of the Four Vedas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetavan View Post
    I see a Hindi translation on that website, but not English translation of the Four Vedas.
    The English translation will come as stated in comments on the site as many people are looking forward to it. There is already myths about Vedas in English and yajur ved is in english:
    http://store.agniveer.com/products/t...s-of-yajurveda

For the first time, a reliable English translation of Yajurveda!
    Are you among those who know Vedas are our foundation but are unable to access a reliable English translation?
    Are you craving to have the most wonderful message of Supreme Lord to be served to you in English?
    Are you tired with bogus translations of Griffith and Max Muller that flood everywhere?
    Are you keen to read the source of Gayatri Mantra, Mahamrityunjaya Mantra and Ishopanishad with thousands other liberating mantras?
    Are you resolved to make the best of this wonderful life and compromise with nothing less?
    Do you want to make miracles happen in your life?
    Then Agniveer provides you a lifetime opportunity not available ever in history of mankind. We bring the first reliable English translation of Vedas that brings out the intuitive, appealing, refreshing, miraculous essence of divine mantras.

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    The English translation will come as stated in comments on the site as many people are looking forward to it. There is already myths about Vedas in English and yajur ved is in english:
    http://store.agniveer.com/products/t...s-of-yajurveda
    What do you think of SAKSI's translations of the Vedas?

http://www.vedah.com/publications-an...sanskrit-books

Agniveer is not a trustworthy source. I wouldn't buy these translations.

A translation of the rig veda in accordance with sayana bhasya made by modifying wilsons translation is available here.This is the work of the saraswati sindhu project.
    http://www.geocities.ws/ravi_sans/
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

hari o
    ~~~~~~~

namasté

Let me offer this, regarding reading the ved. This is a guiding principle I have used and was taught; perhaps it may serve you too, yet I am not the final authority on this matter.

There is this reasonable notion that reading brings understanding. Yet there is a fact that says reading does not insure comprehension. When it comes to the vedas this is of the greatest import. I bring this up as reading the ved needs to be complimented with grooming consciousness, this turiya ( the 4th) we speak of often. Who says so? the veda:

(ṛg ved, 1.164.39)

ṛco akṣare parame vyoman yasmin devā adhi viśve niṣeduḥ |

yastan na veda kiṃ ṛcā kariṣyati ya it tad vidusta ime samāsate ||

I will offer how my teacher talked of this translation.

The veda or ṛks, reside in the transcendental field or akṣara, of the highest (parame) ethereal Being (vyoman) in which reside all the adhi vishve deva's (adhi viśve devā or impulses of creative intelligence, the laws of Nature), responsible for the whole manifest universe. He whose awareness is not open (na veda) to this field, what can these verses accomplish for him?
    Those who know this level of reality are established in evenness (samāsate or rest contented) , in That ( tad , fullness-wholeness of life).

What does this say in short ? Of what use is the ved, for he who is not becoming established in the Absolute? Where will be the value of this great knowledge other then words... it says, become established in ātman, the avyayam (imperishable, undecaying), the even-ness, to reap the full value of the knowledge.

Reading is good yet it is wise to complement it with experiencing and stabilizing this level of Being, turiya ; it is essential to extract the benefits ( fruits) of the ved.

What does one do in the interim before having this turya established all the time? We look to others that have this level of Being established for their views and guidance.

If someone said haven't you read the vedas ?' - one should not feel any discomfort or angst. The true honey of the veda unfolds as consciousness unfolds.
    IMHO reading the samhita's in their original sanskrit format is a challenge. One then may read the interpretations , discourses, thereof. Yet reading-listening to the vedas assists in the grooming of this level of consciousness. The upaniṣads are designed to help comprehend this Reality, this Brahman and unfold the wisdom found in the vedas.

Here on HDF at times some offer a 'cut and paste' section of the veda with no interpretation, little preamble, or their views , likes or objections and says 'there, I have proved my point'. You might as well give me the electrical blueprints to NASA's space shuttle...looks interesting, I may discern a line here or there but that's about it.

So is reading the veda (saṃhitā-s specifically) the answer? A noble effort, but requires guidance. In and of themselves the veda-saṃhitā-s will not bring one to establishing ātman, ( Self Realization) some call turiyatit chetana by themselves. Yet listening to the veda's is rewarding and grooms consciousness, and we can talk further on this later.

Now who says just reading will not do the trick? the kaṭhopaniṣad, section 1.2.23. It also says (chapt 1.2.8) that the SELF when taught by a man of inferior intellect is not easily known, as it is to be thought of in various ways; Yet when taught by the preceptor (the brahmavit, the muni), one established in brahman, there is no doubt concerning IT, the SELF being subtler then subtle, and is not obtained by arguing.

I am the ajñāta ( some write avijñāta) - one who has not attained SELF realization (the inferior man). Most if not all on HDF I presume are of this same nature , in varying degrees. We are here to learn , to share , to help one another move forward, to reach this SELF-referral state of Being, brahman. To that we offer different ideas, posts, insights the best we can. We try to offer a glimpse of the brilliance of Being that is our due course and will be our final resting stop.

praṇām

Last edited by yajvan; 19 October 2012 at 06:47 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Agniveer is not a trustworthy source. I wouldn't buy these translations.
    What is your basis for this, can you provide evidence to back up your assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetavan View Post
    What do you think of SAKSI's translations of the Vedas?

http://www.vedah.com/publications-an...sanskrit-books
    Was not aware of this.
    Have you read them, and would you recommend them?

Thread Information