Thread: Why fear to know the TRUTH

Why fear to know the TRUTH

I don't understand sometimes why we fear to learn the TRUTH . is it due to preconceived notions or predetermined mind set?

If we are reluctant to know the TRUTH as it is, then how come the belief that we have built regarding a particular path can stand still with time.

Why do we fear to discuss on any point if that comes across our way and prove that our siddhanta and path are according to TRUTH and established to achieve TRUTH.

Are we really craving for brahmanubhava? or we are just trying to satisfy our ego which is set with some kind of fixed thoughts.

Let Brahman give us courage to learn the TRUTH.
    Let Brahman show the path to reach the TRUTH.

Re: Why fear to know the TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by sanathan View Post

Let Brahman give us courage to learn the TRUTH.
    Let Brahman show the path to reach the TRUTH.
    Vannakkam: And just what is this truth you speak of? And when did you hear that people don't want to find it? I think most Hindus are searching for the truth.

Aum Namasivaya

Vanakkam,

I agree with EasternMindji and I wonder, what is exactly this Truth you speak about ?

Since you mentionned Brahman than it's not Brahman...And attaining Brahman in one's life brings Moksha ? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What Truth can someone look for if it's not Brahman or Moksha ? I'm curious

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Sita Ram Sanathan,

Speaking as a Hindu as well as an objective analyzer, I see strong fittings with your statements pertaining to the Abrahamic religions, but not with Hinduism. Generally speaking, Hindus do not fear to learn the truth. In contrast, it is Abrahamics who live in mass delusion without any recognition of it coupled with widespread hostility to the truths of our reality. Many of them are completely encapsulated with the false, therefore untrue tenets, concepts, and perceptions of their religion. As the brilliant Orwell stated, "Ignorance is bliss". They are the ones that fear to know the Truth because it goes directly against their self-centered, ego-driven worldview.

Hindus fully embrace the knowledge of the truth. It is the very Hindu essence of the importance of knowledge that ties in with knowing the truth. It is these precepts which represent a key feature of Sanatana Dharma, which is the freedom of thought and belief for each and every individual to pursue the truth. That is why Hindus are encouraged to go and seek the truth for themselves, to ask questions and yearn for answers. This is in contrast to Abrahamism where free-thinking is stifled and the Truth is viewed as the workings of the devil. Hindus know that the truth will always triumph, and those that now live in the darkness of illusory ignorance will one day see the light of knowledge.

Satyameva Jayate!
    Last edited by Ramakrishna; 22 October 2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information