Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing in front of shiva

Standing in front of shiva

hi guys,
    i have one question which is are we eligible to stand in front of shiva? I don't know about others but i some times feel that in whole lifetime we always abuse and there are many sins which we had done in lifetime. I know that his name is bholenath but are we taking advantage of him.
    I love shiva very much. But many a times people discuss about god and when i told them that i believe in shiva,they say that there is no proof of shiva and then i tried to defend but failed all the times.

If i cant defend him,am i eligible to stand in front of him?
    Om namah shivay
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

Re: Standing in front of shiva

Namaste Kundanghanekar

Lord Shiva does not care about defeating someone, He cares about you. We know that because of the advanced display of your love for Him. You would not be able to be so blessed in the feelings of your soul as you have shown us in your words if you were not blessed with how much He cares about you to have given you the ability to have such wisdom.

You were never defeated.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by kundanghanekar View Post
    ...they say that there is no proof of shiva and then i tried to defend but failed all the times. ...
    Ask them if they can prove He does not exist. Aside from that and potentially getting into a pissing contest with unbelievers, if you do answer, say only that you believe in Him and faith is a deeply personal matter. It is no one else's concern. All that matters is your love for, faith in, and devotion to Him. He does not need to be proven nor disproven.

Om namah shivay
    You can stand in front of Him under any circumstances. He will guide you, I am certain of it.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

I love shiva very much. But many a times people discuss about god and when i told them that i believe in shiva,they say that there is no proof of shiva and then i tried to defend but failed all the times.
    All things end, destruction is a universal fact of physical existence. Shiva is that force...ask them if they can deny that and then laugh as they try and fail.

Of course you are...anyway I think Shiva isn't much interested in revealing himself to people who only want to doubt him.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

Standing in front of śiva is to stand in front of one's own Self. This is the fundamental teachings of the non-dual āgama-s (śāstra-s).
    To miss this point, to miss this knowledge, is to confuse a diamond for a rock.

namast

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Vannakkam kudang: I often wonder if I am eligible to stand in front of Lord Siva, and I know people who won't because of the guilt they feel from wrongdoing. But normally its not because of the reason you gave, which is the inability to defend His existence. Obviously those who feel unworthy because of adharma truly believe He exists in some way, or they wouldn't feel like this.

I believe there is a middle ground on how we feel worthy. If we are really feeling unworthy, we can hardly get to temple at all, and on the other hand we need some degree of humility, and not just barge in in some pompous way thinking, "Hey Siva, I'm here, I'm here."

If you've done something wrong, it's a bit like confessing to a parent ... it's embarrassing, and you don't want the parent to feel you're a poor child.

One of the dilemmas in this I observe a lot are meat -eaters who know they shouldn't be eating meat, who have to at least abstain from meat for half a day. But the solution seems too obvious to me.

Aum Namasivaya

Thanks for ur replies. That is really a booster for me. Now i m gonna share the disscusion after ur replies.
    I live in pune,maharashtra. I m an electrical engg. And work in shifts,so i always disscus with my technicians whenever there is some spare time. They firmly believe in king shivaji. Actually they pray him. I believe he is a king,not god. I say 'u r god is bhakt of my shiva'. He said that ' shaiva is the name of community who lived in north region,vaishnava are those who lived near coastal or beach shores'.
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

hi guys,
    i have one question which is are we eligible to stand in front of shiva? I don't know about others but i some times feel that in whole lifetime we always abuse and there are many sins which we had done in lifetime. I know that his name is bholenath but are we taking advantage of him.

Om namah shivay
    Lord Shiva is and of Himself, His own 'defense'. Sometimes a Bhakta gets annoyed when somebody decries 'their God'. It's only natural that we defend what we love with love, but it can also show a weakness of faith. I have been there...craving 'acceptance' and I am still not fully over that yet.

When Lord Shiva comes into your life, your heart...it's like Nandi has just been let loose in a china shop full of red flags. I know the feeling well. When I say 'I believe in Shiva' one of these things happen:

1. "That's nice, dear" *changes subject*
    2. " You're just delusional"
    3. "You just need to get laid, that's all" &
    4. "Come back to me when you no longer 'believe'.

Now, I just laugh. I feel God laughing through me.

I don't have what it takes to stand before Lord Shiva fully yet. To do so, means surrendering my dignity and I am too humble for that (even though it may not sound like it sometimes).

Aum Namah Shivaya

I don't know if this will help, but I don't see sin as a problem. The reason being is that I see Brahma as being an energy that is everywhere rather than as an individual- a life stream if you will... and that because all life is connected to Brahma that I therefore am a collection of aspects of Brahma just as Shiva, Holle, Thor and all my other Gods and Goddesses are. They are a collection of aspects that reached a higher level of awakening than I have so far. HOWEVER, they are still connected to and pulling as much from the Lifestream (Brahma) as I am. Therefore, in the sense of weight and material, I am equal to them as they are equal to me- the only thing that makes things different are the perceptions of mind for if they destroyed me, I would simply be scattered among the Lifestream just as they would if I were to destroy them. Therefore, I see the Gods and Goddesses as positive role models whose stories teach the lessons and experiences they witnessed and partook in as oppose to all powerful deities that we should be submitting to.

Aum Namah Shivaya. Namaste and pranams.

Recent events have led me to return to this thread, after visiting the Lord Shiva thread in the ISKCON Forum.

I understand now...I understand...

No matter how much I feel and honestly believe that Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu are equal and indeed 'one', the fact remains that no matter how much I love Lord Vishnu, I have totally surrendered my heart, soul, everything I am to Lord Shiva.

So, of course everything I say is going to be biased just a tad...but then again, the reverse also applies there doesn't it?

They have their own texts to reinforce their truths/beliefs and I have mine.

People are still asking me questions on that thread, waiting for me to post there and justify my position. I don't need to do that.

Thing is, my 'position' is already justified and I don't care if I have to be born infy times if I can feel what I do right now and that's all I know.

Tears are just streaming down my face now as I type this and I am letting them go, holding nothing back. I can stand in front of Lord Shiva.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information