Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: does anybody here not believe in reincarnation? plus a question about Brahman!

Re: does anybody here not believe in reincarnation? plus a question about Brahman!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdance View Post
    Nisargadatta seems to be paraphrasing Buddhism in his advaitic language.
    Well, Buddhism and Advaita both agree on the impermanence/ultimate-'unreality' of conditional existence; and the ultimate/utter reality of that which is unborn, unmade, and unconditioned.

Re: does anybody here not believe in reincarnation? plus a question about Brahman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetavan View Post
    From I Am That:

"Reincarnation implies a reincarnating self. There is no such thing. The bundle of memories and hopes, called the "I", imagines itself existing everlastingly and creates time to accomodate its false eternity. To be, I need no past or future. All experience is born of imagination; I do not imagine, so no birth or death happens to me. Only those who think themselves born can think themselves re-born . All exists in awareness, and awareness neither dies nor is re-born. It is the changeless reality itself." (262)

Nisargadatta is not denying that reincarnation happens -- if you identify yourself with your mind (memories, hopes, dreams, desires) and call that "me" or "I". Since most of us do identify ourselves to be that, then we experience/suffer reincarnation.

However, once you realize that you are Param-Atman, Brahman, Awareness/Being/Bliss Itself, then you realize that you have never been born, and you will never die, and you have never "reincarnated".

Thank you, yes that's what I meant!

here's an interview with Jean Dunn, where she is asked

Maharaj doesn’t believe in karma and reincarnation?
    Correct.

http://itisnotreal.com/jean-dunn-interview.html

Or here, I know this is from Balsekar, but he talks about Nisargadatta, wasn't Balsekar a disciple of Maharaj?

http://prahlad.org/gallery/nisargada...searchable.pdf
    (just search for passages about Rebirth)

or here (search for reincarnation), he talks about the 'chemical'

http://www.theendofseeking.net/PDFs/..._interview.pdf

Thread Information