Thread: Budddhi and karma

Budddhi and karma

Normally they say " Buddhi acts according to past karma", here I can not find english equivalent,the nearest I can think of is character or behaviour.
    If it so how can he change his Buddhi. How can he acquire good qualities?
    In real life we some times see people doing unacceptable things or adharmic behaviour and try to convince that what they are doing is correct.
    Some times these persons also occupy high positions in society and have high authority.How can they be reformed? Is it because of their karma they behave like that? How can one protect himself or herself from falling prey to such human beings?
    Our puranas talk about characters like Duryodhana and Ravana who did adharmic acts and only avatar purushas like Sri Krishna Bhagavan and Lord Rama could save the world from becoming adharma world.
    But in this kaliyuga it is democracy which is ruling the world and peoples' voice only can which rescue the world.

Re: Budddhi and karma

Namaste Sanatana,

Quote Originally Posted by sanatana View Post
    Normally they say " Buddhi acts according to past karma", here I can not find english equivalent,the nearest I can think of is character or behaviour.
    It is true that one gets intellect (Buddhi) as per his own karma as he has to enjoy/suffer the fruits of his karma and for that Buddhi must also be such as to help that. However, the grace of God always works as it never leaves the Jeeva. So, occasional helps keep coming on the way when he can see that he is wrong and if he rises to the occasion, he can come out of his inertia of going spiritually downwards due to the momentum generated by his karmas.

In real life we some times see people doing unacceptable things or adharmic behaviour and try to convince that what they are doing is correct.
    Some times these persons also occupy high positions in society and have high authority.How can they be reformed? Is it because of their karma they behave like that? How can one protect himself or herself from falling prey to such human beings?
    In my opinion, we should not unnecessarily try to become the saviours. If God has chosen you for reforming a person, it would happen ... don't bother unless if he/she is your own close relative or friend ... otherwise, it is better to concentrate upon our own karma which can be corrected by ourselves alone. Habit of giving unsolicited advice to unworthy is foolishness.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Budddhi and karma

Quote Originally Posted by sanatana View Post
    Our puranas talk about characters like Duryodhana and Ravana who did adharmic acts and only avatar purushas like Sri Krishna Bhagavan and Lord Rama could save the world from becoming adharma world.
    But in this kaliyuga it is democracy which is ruling the world and peoples' voice only can which rescue the world.
    Vannakkam: In the Tirukural, there is an entire chapter on 'Avoidance of Bad Company' so you have every right in the world to avoid such people. That's just wise, and it protects yourself from becoming like them. As far as 'changing them' goes, I'd leave that up to them. Under a cloud of anava, it may well be nigh impossible. There has to be some sort of internal realisation.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information