Thread: Recommendation: Definition of Segments

Recommendation: Definition of Segments

Hari Om
    ~~~~

Namaste ,
    if one visits this site they will see various segments of conversation. The interested individual may not know the terms on the site. Perhaps we can have a Lexicon folder? or even if possible, when a person positions thier mouse over a folder, say, Advaita, a brief one line definition pops up?

So, If we can start a lexicon folder, with definitions of all the Segments, that would be good.
    May I recommend Satay manage a way, then for those that wish to participate, define the terms and all concur that the definition is the best and most truthful. Now, who is 'all concur' ? maybe a team of 3 , and or volenteers that wish to critique the word-list and definition.

So, maybe one word would look like this:
    Advaita - 'not two' from a or 'not' and dvatia 'dual or two'. This term defines the non-duality of Brahman. All this is One , Tad Ekam or That One. Advaita Vedanta (Vedanta is the end of the ved or the conclusion) adopts the postion of absolute non-duality, that nirguna (without atributes) Brahman and saguna ( with attrbutes) are one homogeneous Being.
    Discussion: Our experience of 'many' is routed in ignorance. What ignorance? That we have not unfolded our true SELF and reside there 7x24x365 days a year. Thus the journey begins for the SELF, Isvara, and Adrsya.

please advise.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Recommendation: Definition of Segments

namaste,
    Excellent! I like this idea. We can dedicate a thread to this activity.
    more later...
    satay

Namaste Satay and Yajvan.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,
    Excellent! I like this idea. We can dedicate a thread to this activity.
    more later...
    Apart from the lexicon thread, we may also have an index thread covering the main point of discussion in each thread. Each item in the index may link to one or more threads/posts that discuss the subject matter. We might, of course, omit the lightweight threads such as Canteen.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Namaste Satay and Yajvan.

Apart from the lexicon thread, we may also have an index thread covering the main point of discussion in each thread. Each item in the index may link to one or more threads/posts that discuss the subject matter. We might, of course, omit the lightweight threads such as Canteen.
    Namaste,
    All good ideas.
    We will need 3 people to start this and then a quality control group that wishes to participate.
    The words I would start with is our folder names to begin with...
    Satay, if you have a text list of the folder names to start with. We then can add words as requested.

I will be happy to particiate for the definitions and QC work. Can we ask for others so we have a team approach?

thank you, pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information