Thread: BAPS Temple

BAPS Temple

Namaste

See thumbnail photo attached below!

Yesterday I visited a BAPS temple in California to have Darshan of Siva and Parvati. Attached is the photo I took of Siva Parvati and Ganesh from the temple from my cell phone (with ringer OFF of course!) – some temples do not allow photos which is perfectly understandable, in fact a South Indian Shiva Muruga temple I go to does not allow any photos of the Murtis (though some photos are allowed in other areas and outside). But this BAPS temple does, so I thought I would share with you the beautiful Shiva Parvati and Ganesh.

What is a BAPS Temple? Here is the answer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) is a socio-spiritual Hindu organization with its roots in the Vedas. It was revealed by Bhagwan Swaminarayan (1781-1830) in the late 18th century and established in 1907 by Shastriji Maharaj (1865-1951). Founded on the pillars of practical spirituality, the BAPS reaches out far and wide to address the spiritual, moral and social challenges and issues we face in our world. Its strength lies in the purity of its nature and purpose. BAPS strives to care for the world by caring for societies, families and individuals. This is done by mass motivation and individual attention, through elevating projects for all, irrespective of class, creed, colour or country. Its universal work through a worldwide network of over 3,300 centers has received many national and international awards and affiliation with the United Nations. Today, a million or more Swaminarayan followers begin their day with puja and meditation, lead upright, honest lives and donate regular hours in serving others. No Alcohol, No Addictions, No Adultery, No Meat, No Impurity of body and mind are their five lifetime vows. Such pure morality and spirituality forms the foundation of the humanitarian services performed by BAPS.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very nice temple, everyone is wonderful, there is also a Sita Ram Hanuman murti to have Darshan with which is very peaceful. The Spiritual Head of this BAPS temple is Pramukh Swami Maharaj. So I thought I would share a temple in the day of life of a Hindu who likes to go to temples.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: BAPS Temple

Attached is the photo I took of Siva Parvati and Ganesh from the temple from my cell phone
    Thanks for sharing.
    Anirudh...

Vannakkam: BAPS is a shining example of how a single organisation within our huge religion can get things done. I visited the Akshardam complex in Delhi, their headquarters. But the dedication of lay people is astounding. When they decide to build a new temple, people book their holidays around the construction time, and everyone pitches in, from all over. So expansion is far easier than with most temples because the organisational structure of the group isn't local, its world wide. Most temples, on the other hand, are just very local.

Another reason for their success is that its sanyassins at the head. Although they are still monks, they get to make decisions, and since its their full time job, those decisions tend to be wise ones.

That also remain very publicly Hindu, and never disassociate themselves from Hinduism. I like that.

Maybe one day we'll get one here in this city.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Eastern Mind

BAPS is a shining example of
    how a
    single organisation
    within our huge religion
    can get things done.
    Profound statement.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Their dedication and task organization is something that other Hindu groups could emulate!

Pranam.

Thread Information