Thread: Aren't we responsible?

Aren't we responsible?

Even after about 120 years our state hasn't changed a bit ..... Why ?

We are still impoverished. Almost half of our bothers and sisters defecate in public. We the people who wrote Vedas are happy to import cheap Chinese products.

Endru madiyum engal adimayin moham?

Jai Maa Bhaarathi!!!
    Anirudh...

Re: Aren't we responsible?

Vannakkam Anirudh

Even after about 120 years our state hasn't changed a bit ..... Why ?
    Why, you ask?

In my humble opinion, there seems to be 2 main, obvious reasons:

1.) Corrupt, selfish politicians.

2.) Education and standard of Indian mentality.

Indian politicians are very, very well-known the world over for their corruption. If the British plundered and stole from India during their colonial heyday, present-day Indian politicians commit worse crimes albeit being just part of the government.

They compete amongst themselves to be elected here and there, to hold this position and that, to get hold of this project and that, all for their own benefit and to pocket money.

Do they generally think of the plight of the suffering citizens? Is their main ambition to uplift the community, state and country?

The answer is a simple NO. And that is the root cause of the poverty and stuff you mentioned.

These people get elected just to establish themselves and their family, not to mention their clans, relatives and castes. Yes caste too.

Sometimes it's about promoting some personal agenda or ideology, often selfish ones that would benefit only them and the people they favour. We all know that, don't we?

Oh and the money part. Yes, they make sure they hold positions during specific periods to make all the money they can, get profit and cuts from all sorts of useless, unnecessary, half-baked projects, and then quickly leave office before their self-interested ambitions and desires are exposed. If it's possible they wouldn't mind manipulating the general public just to stay and make more money. And they love the feel of power. They wield a lot of power too due to the subservient attitude of Indians in general.

It's a big game for them. Like a game of Monopoly.

And who suffers while all these are taking place?

The innocent villagers and farmers. The chai-wala, the rickshaw-wala, the barber... All these simple yet amazing people and others. Not to mention their families. These people usually don't dream big so they are stuck in endless cycles of poverty.

The 'so-called' politicians are well aware of this but would rather ignore than to acknowledge. Helping others would mean losing more money.

It's a horrible cycle.

Then we have the education and civility part. To defecate in public is definitely unusual now. But wasn't that the norm for centuries or even milleniums?

It depends on what Indians themselves consider to be civil or otherwise, without being influenced by western habit and perception. Those days in India, those without toilets at home wouldn't possibly mind doing that in public. Public as in fields or bushes. Now with rapid westernisation it is seen as uncivilised.

The homeless are the ones who do it in full view of others. Was this seen as disgusting and uneducated before the advent of westernisation?

To get rid of the problems you mentioned, the politicians have to be thoroughly scrutinised first, their every move and decision, as well as income and expenditure being monitored very closely. Constant and sudden reshuffling of political positions is a must in countries like India for the time being, or else, they get too comfortable in their seats and expect too much.

Once this task is done, we can start looking at the general public to educate and uplift each other.

I'm not sure which state you're talking about, but from the title of that poem I guess it is Tamil Nadu. What I stated was meant for the whole country in general.

Those were just my opinions.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Re: Aren't we responsible?

Namaste Equinox,

Thank you very much for sharing your views....

Why, you ask?
    After making a humble request on Vijaya Dasami, resorted to delude myself that the job is over but my conscience was not ready keep quiet. It was pricking me all the time .....

M K Gandhi said our thoughts define our destiny. My Guru says our thoughts will become a command to the universe provided they are genuine and we are perseverant.

If thoughts are powerful then why not I let them flow like the tiny droplets of rain at the catchment basin which feeds the mighty river.

Our politicians aren't alien to us, they were once like me and you or like the ones who defecate in public. Also our text book says sanitation system of Indus Valley Civilization contained the world's earliest known system of flush toilets.

We gave zero to the world, we built Vishwa vidhyalaya like Naalanda. Our Devatas have taught us to fight against evil to bring tranquility. After pondering I am inclined to believe that at present we are like "The Bajrangabali" who had to be told about his own power before he decided to cross the mighty ocean.

Like a squirrel I am letting my thoughts to flow across the continents via this medium and to knock several right minded brethren. Thoughts are very powerful.

I used Bhaarathi's poem of course without his permission only to pass my ideas. Bhaarathi is one of my favorite freedom fighter.

Naarayan has blessed me with an ability to grasp languages to a communicable level. I am using his gift to let my thoughts flow. We need multiple channels to bring about an awareness amongst us.

The day we all gain the awareness that we are the ones who are responsible for the mess we are into, Maa Bhaarathi will gain true independence from the invaders and slavery.

Jai Maa Bhaarathi!
    Anirudh...

Thread Information