Thread: Mixing "Inner Engineering" with SD: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on Human Consciousness

Mixing "Inner Engineering" with SD: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on Human Consciousness

Namaste

See this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/IshaInne...?v=hUeyqLTsGJs

You will notice the use of terms which are used by those in my profession, and almost in a pandering way though very effective. Apparently he is getting some companies to sponsor his courses for employees, and he targets westerners it appears. Of course, as a Westerner, I know how gullible most of my fellow Westerners are even though many are interested in what India has in regards to teachings.

This Sadhguru has a website called www.innerengineering.com. I am not one of those who is focused on “over population” (and I don’t think that is his message) especially since (not to toot my own horn, but …) I have a pretty good foundation on epidemiology and how pandemics effect and affect human and natural history and the balance of population (as well as the horror of it, frankly), however I thought I would share this Sadhguru’s message and ask if any of the members has heard of him and what they think of his message.

However, he charges for his online courses on ($150 dollars for 7 online Inner Engineering program and Shambhavi Mahamudra with “Isha Teacher” which is US money, while many Americans can afford this and this was the US gateway page, there are others in other nations who may not be able to afford the courses unless others such as myself pay as donation for others)…

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is suppose to be a Telugu mystic (he is the very example of other Telugu advanced spiritualists I have heard from), from Karnataka. His voice sounds very advanced in soul, though he is my younger and yet he looks older than me so I am no so sure if his good life habits are fully reflected in his body result. But he is a handsome man to say so. I have no idea his background, but his father was a Doctor it appears.

I do not see any links to teachings specifically using the term “Sanatana Dharma” nor “Hinduism” nor references to his Guru or Sampradaya, nor anything about the Devas or Devi. So I am thinking, could he be more of a philosopher rather than a mystic? I have to be careful how I ask such questions, but others may have an opinion. I have nothing against him (why should I?) nor do I participate in “Guru bashing”. But I am just wondering if he is a Hindu or something else.

I never heard of him before, and only noticed him when I was visiting a webpage on Swamiye Saranam Ayyappa of Sabarimala, Kerala (for some reason the Ayyappa site where Lord is resident as a yogi manifestation at the temple had a feature of one of the Vasudev videos) …

Any opinions?

Om Namah Sivaya

Re: Mixing "Inner Engineering" with SD: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on Human Consciousnes

Definitely Hindu in the cultural sense of the term, which is the only way I am comfortable with the label.
    Definitely not a Hindu in the sense of a recognized sect or teaching he is propounding.

Everybody has to go by their own experience and judgement, but few things

- He is not teaching any tradition. He refers to ancient yoga, siddha and what not, but also claims has never read a scripture.
    - No lineage, or at least which is discernible.
    - Charges money for teaching.

I can pass a ton of uncharitable comments just based on the above few points, but a Guru is a personal choice.
    Why are you unhappy? Because 99.9 per cent Of everything you think, And of everything you do, Is for yourself —And there isn't one

Thread Information