Thread: Astrologer

Astrologer

I want to discuss whether I can become a good astrologer or not. I would be highly obliged for the discussion.
    DOB 26 December 1974
    Tob 09 13 am
    Pob Manikpur UP
    25:04N 81:06E

Re: Astrologer

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté 

First, consider this post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711

It would make sense for you to consider your own chart and look to the following themes & indications :

• Look to see if the lagna lord combines with the lords of the 9th and 11th houses. These graha-s¹ should associate with the ātmakāraka¹ by conjunction, mutual aspects or exchange.
    Now if one becomes a notable (well known) jyotiṣa, then this is a different matter and we look to various yoga-s like adhi-yoga and other rāja-yogas.

Yet is there more ? Sure.
    • Some key graha-s that are indicative of a jyotiṣa include jupiter, mercury and ketu. When jupiter conjoins with ketu or if mercury conjoins with ketu in the rāśi chart (D1) , navāṃśa¹ chart (D9), the daśaṃśa¹ chart (D10) or siddhāṃśa¹ (D24) chart, then the native may have jyotiṣh talent. The more this occurs the higher the possibility.
    • The 2nd house - is the house of learning. See the connection here: we look at it as the 11th house (gains) from the 4th ( where knowledge originates) to arrive at the 2nd house.
    • The 5th house is that where knowledge arises and formal learning occurs - this can be by initiation also (dīkṣā).
      • Yet where is the connection ? It is the 9th from the 9th house.The 9th house is a dharma house and becomes important to transfer knowledge accordingly from the jyotiṣa to the aspirant asking questions.
    Is there more ? No doubt .
    • One must look to mars for sharp powers;
    • the 8th house , a house of advanced/occult knowledge:
      • As mentioned before the 11th house (gains) is a key one as it is 4th (education) from the 8th (occult) and also 8th from the 4th ( a beautiful combination here).
    If this idea is foreign to you , consider this HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2803

praṇām

words
    • how to calculate one's ātmakāraka can be found here: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=748
    • grāhaka - one who seizes or takes captive ; from grāha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of , holding i.e. a grāhaka ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native. This is done via the tattva they manage and control
    • navāṃśa = 1/9th division : navan + aṃśa
      • navan = 9
      • aṃśa = a share , portion , part , party ; partition
    • daśaṃśa is the 1/10th divisional chart or D10 in short hand
    • siddhāṃśa = siddha+aṃśa
      • siddha we know means accomplished , fulfilled , effected , gained , acquired ; it also is defined (2nd derivitive) 'of the number 24'
      • So the siddhāṃśa chart is the 1/24th divisional chart, we just call out as D24.
    Last edited by yajvan; 29 November 2012 at 10:39 AM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thanks for your guidance. This is a great explanation.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté 

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    • Look to see if the lagna lord combines with the lords of the 9th and 11th houses. These graha-s¹ should associate with the ātmakāraka¹ by conjunction, mutual aspects or exchange.
    • Some key graha-s that are indicative of a jyotiṣa include jupiter, mercury and ketu. When jupiter conjoins with ketu or if mercury conjoins with ketu in the rāśi chart (D1) , navāṃśa¹ chart (D9), the daśaṃśa¹ chart (D10) or siddhāṃśa¹ (D24) chart, then the native may have jyotiṣh talent. The more this occurs the higher the possibility.
    I have found this to be true in my chart... ketu is very pronunced and asociates with mercury in no less then 9 divisonal (aṃśa) charts. Mercury is also my ātmakāraka, and both ketu and the ātmakāraka associate in the 9th house. Mercury is the owner/lord of the 8th house and 11th house. The 9th house also aspects the 4th house by rāśi dṛṣṭi ( house-to-house viewing).

That said, how is the 5th house included ? The 5th house in my D1 chart is the home of ārūḍha lagna (AL), owned by jupiter, and the 5th from my ārūḍha lagna is the 9th house where all these graha-s reside. Yet what fuels the interest of jyotiṣh ? In my chart it is the sun, also in the 9th house ( a dharma house, and a water sign, therefore a ~consciousness~ house).

Yet where is jupiter ? It is in the 2nd house from the AL ( in the D1 chart) and in the 4th house in the D9 chart.

It is my opinion that ketu infuences my orientation of jyotiṣh to be more interested in the rahasya - secret ,esoteric teaching . I am not much for looking at charts and having interest in when one gets promoted, or when marriage will occur . This is via the influence of ketu. My overall study (āgama-s, śāstra-s, etc.) comes via the influence of ketu being the co-owner of scorpio ( along with mars). Scorpio is the natural 8th house. The 8th lord ketu is in the 9th, and mars the additional co-owner is in the 12th.

So, the indications suggest that jyotiṣh study is a relevent part of my life. I found this to be true.

praṇām

1. ārūḍha - mounted , ascended , bestridden; risen ; raised up , elevated on high; undertaken ; reached , brought to
    In jyotiṣh , ārūḍha lagna is more about how the world sees you. Your outward appearence. Example - the shoemaker, we know him at the shop as the fixer of shoes, yet at home he may be completely different, but we 'see' him as the shoemaker.
    Last edited by yajvan; 30 November 2012 at 06:26 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Pranam
    In my case these combinations exist.
    D1 Rashi Chart
    Lagna lord is Saturn in the house of 9L and aspected by 9L Mercury.
    Saturn is also AK and therefore connected to 9L Mercury.
    LL and AK Saturn is aspected by Jupiter from second house.
    Ketu is posited in 5H with exalted Moon and aspected by Mars from 11H.

D9 Navamsha
    Saturn my Ak is 9L and 10L and aspects 9H from 12H.
    Mercury is in 4H and jupiter in 11H.
    According to K N Rao Ji Mercuri in 4H in D1 or D9 makes a competent astrologer.

D10 Dashamsha
    Ketu in 5H. Mercury aspects 9h from 3H. Jupiter aspects 11H from 7H.
    So in D10 Ketu, Mercury and Jupiter are connected to 5h, 9H and 11H

D24 Chaturvishamsha
    Ketu in 2H. Mercury in Lagna aspected by by Jupiter from 5H. Jupiter from 5H aspects 9H,11H and Lagna where Mercury is posited.

When I see my Mars: 11H in D1, 8H in D9, 11H in D10, 2H in D24.
    In all these charts Mars is connected to 2H , 5H, 8H. 9H and 11H.

Now what I see that almost all parameters are covered as you have mentioned.
    Can I hope to become an astrologer?

Thanks again.

Thread Information