Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
And yet, he initiated Blacks, including thread initiation, which is not consistent with the view of being racist against blacks.
And when he says things like "blacks should be enslaved" - a statement which ISKCON members do not deny he said - that is consistent with racism.

And yet, he initiated women, including thread initiation, which is not consistent with being sexist against women.
Denying girls the right to be educated is sexist. I don't care if you give her a sacred thread or not, denying any woman education is sexism.

No, I avoid interpreting scripture as a general rule. I have a problem with people interpreting scriptures that they never read.
I love your baseless assumptions and the conclusions you draw from them based on reading someone's seventy or so posts on an online forum, most of them not directed toward you and not dealing with interpretation of scripture.

Rejecting smRiti-s that are referenced in mainstream purANas on one hand, and yet accepting the reality of deities who are spoken of only in non-Vedic scriptures, is basically a double standard.
How is that a "double standard"? You're right, I reject anything that belittles or degrades people based on their birth and am a proponent of religious dialogue. I'm sorry if that goes against your own puritanical, self-righteous dogmas.

Bhaktivinod Thakur also denounced the Adam and Eve myth as a fabrication for unintelligent people, but doubtless you have problems with that, too, based on what you wrote here.
I don't believe the Adam and Eve myth. I think it's a myth steeped in metaphor. I also don't believe that the world is held up by elephants who cause earth quakes when they stomp or that the the sun is carried by seven horses in a chariot across the sky. Call me liberal, but I can't lead myself to believe it.

No, you are lying to the forum, by making claims like this and still not acknowledging the fact that you have never read the unabridged Ramayanam. If you had, you would know why your theories about his 10-heads are wrong.
I have read the unabridged Ramayan. Believe what you want. I know you enjoy attacking those who dissent from your rigid interpretation of all scripture as strictly literal, with no room for metaphor, and directly inspired by God, based on your own erroneous conclusions on people you've never met.
If anyone is the liar, it's you.