Namaste!
I have chosen not to post this in the Hare Krishna/ISKCON section as I would like the views of multiple Hindus from many sects (as it has the potential to affect global views of all of Hinduism, not just Gaudiya Vaishnavism) on what I will discuss herein. The moderator may move it if he so wishes.
Is anyone else bothered by the sexist and racist views of the founder of ISKCON and the way that they present Hinduism to the Western world? For example, he said things like:
"Sudra is to be controlled only. They are never given to be freedom. Just like in America. The blacks were slaves. They were under control. And since you have given them equal rights they are disturbing, most disturbing, always creating a fearful situation, uncultured and drunkards. What training they have got? They have got equal right? That is best, to keep them under control as slaves but give them sufficient food, sufficient cloth, not more than that. Then they will be satisfied."

And, in reference to women:
"'You cannot have equal rights because your brain is thirty-four ounce.' Actually that’s a fact. Where is woman philosopher, mathematician, scientist? Not a single."

Does it bother anyone else that many Westerners are introduced to Hinduism through this one man, and these are the kinds of things that filled his lectures and continue to fill his publications? Also, what kinds of Hindus are these bigoted lectures creating?