Thread: Belly Button - Navel to the Universe or It's Destruction?

Belly Button - Navel to the Universe or It's Destruction?

Namaste

First of all, I want to apologize for this posting but I think we all need a little humor, though the information provided is factual. Today I learned from the September 2012 issue of "Popular Mechanics" magazine which had an artilce on "The Human Microbiome":

"After swabbing 200 belly buttons, researchers in North Carolina counted nearly 4000 strains of bacteria, some completely new to science."

It went on to say that belly buttons (they are called "belly buttons" in the USA, known as navels in India by Indians when using English language) have more microbes than any other outlet.

I do not know if this is a problem particular to the subjects (people) who were used in the study from residents of South Carolina or other parts of the USA (I do not think they included Indians living in India as part of the study), however it is very clear that something is happening and we are now seeing emerging bacterias and probably emerging diseases coming from the belly buttons of humanity.

Which brings up a religious question.

Is the navel to be considered the "Navel of the Universe", or it's destruction?

Perhaps instead of wasting a lot of time in "Guru bashing", we need to look at our navels and contemplate the end of the world.

Om Namah Sivaya

Re: Belly Button - Navel to the Universe or It's Destruction?

well Universe or not it is the place where one is joined to one's creator i.e. mother
    Brahma(the creator) is born out of Vishnu's navel

On incoherent note,applying mustard oil in the navel keeps lips from getting chapped & other skin 'tearing' in winters
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Belly Button - Navel to the Universe or It's Destruction?
    All sorts of woods like Bollywood, Kollywood, Tollywood, Sandalwood thrive on that button and you say it s destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    All sorts of woods like Bollywood, Kollywood, Tollywood, Sandalwood thrive on that button and you say it s destruction
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Thread Information