Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rahu, Ketu and Saturn have caused religions based on formless God !!!

Rahu, Ketu and Saturn have caused religions based on formless God !!!

Namaste to all

Belief in astrology was planted in my childhood through a scholar in astrology, sanskrit and granth (some old language from which Tamil may have arisen).

Recently, I read in an unbelievably clear, even for laymen, Tamil exposition of astrology by Sri Devasenapathy, that Rahu, Ketu and Saturn are the causes of western religions based on the formless God.

Would like to learn more about planets and types of religions that have originated on account of their energies...

Ra K Sankar

Re: Rahu, Ketu and Saturn have caused religions based on formless God !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra K Sankar View Post
    Namaste to all

Belief in astrology was planted in my childhood through a scholar in astrology, sanskrit and granth (some old language from which Tamil may have arisen).

Recently, I read in an unbelievably clear, even for laymen, Tamil exposition of astrology by Sri Devasenapathy, that Rahu, Ketu and Saturn are the causes of western religions based on the formless God.

Would like to learn more about planets and types of religions that have originated on account of their energies...

Ra K Sankar
    Whether a God can be "formless" while also claiming to be a "Person" (which is how Abrahamic religions generally view it) is up for debate.

Meaning of Formless as per Semitic Religions

Formless means not made of any definite form but capable of assuming at Will the form of Fire-Light flowing through all forms and capable of embodying a Voice. This may be said to be the meaning as per the Semitic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Re: Meaning of Formless as per Semitic Religions

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

With all due respects; that sounds more like a squabble between Budha and Guru to me ...
    Might I offer the thought that, God is infinite in form, as described
    in chapter 11 of the bhagavad gita: in the vision shown to Arjuna.
    Assuming a human
    form, or other; is a kindly action, undertaken to help our limited minds.

Does not; satya sanātana dharma, encompass all?

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    8i8

Namaste All,

I had some thoughts on people belonging to different religions having different dispositions basically and gave a novice attempt towards deciphering this:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=9973

Appreciate any views on that.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

If I might offer a few thoughts on your post, the same conjunctions would manifest in the similar ways, in people of all creed;
    the key factor defining the religion would be found in the place and time of birth of the native, here in bhūloka;

not in the celestial plane. (for our astrological readings purposes).
    As suggested by yajvan ji personnel factors in regards to the natives character and spiritual evolution then come into play.

A displaced bhava, of a planet such as Rahu, in the bhava chalit chakra. Would signify a problem in the way strangers are perceived.

I ought to mention that I have not studied mundane astrology; but that I believe the actions of the individual to have more import
    than that of the herd, although kula is undoubtedly important, yet when ascertaining its characteristic one must surely look first to
    geography

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 09 January 2013 at 01:18 AM.
    8i8

Wonderful astrological postings, Yajvanji

Thanks Yajvanji, for the post on different Lords' positions signifying different things pertaining to spiritual and religious inclinations. Wonderful insight I got earlier, from yet another post of yours, on the different planets associated with different Maha Vidyas, like Saturn being associated with Goddess KaaLi.

Namaste Manaji

That was beautiful and precise expression, "squabble between Mercury and Jupiter", for my delineation of the meaning of "Formlessness according to Semitic Religions". Congratulations on your ability to express appropriately and precisely.

Lord's servant Moses on a mountain heard the Voice of the One God and witnessed a "burning bush" in evidence of the One God's Holy Presence.

Prophet Mohammad also heard the Voice of the One God, Allah, on a mountain.

"Pass-over" is the tongue of the Fire of God passing over, without striking, the doors of the homes of Hebrews smeared with the blood of goats offered as sacrifices to Him, but striking the first-born male children of the Egyptians, the doors of whose homes were not smeared with the blood of goats offered in sacrifice to the One God.

Hence, I used the word "Fire" in describing the One God as per the Semitic Religions. Fire has got Light as its essential Nature and the One God is also spiritual Light guiding His servants and prophets on the paths that His Supreme Will is going to take, as is seen in many places in the Holy Bible and the Quraan

Namaste Manaji

The One God has provided the different religions.

Universal codes of approach to God and fellow beings are laid down fantastically in the Semitic religions. For example, Moses guiding the Hebrews from slavery to the Egyptians,-who were obstructing the evolution of the embodied souls,-to a separate region and providing them with codes of worshipping the One God and of dealing equitably with one's fellow beings.

Hinduism has got deep philosophical and meditative truths embodied in it.

Bhagawat Gita is the essence of Upanishads and is one of the 3 primal scriptures delineating the path of departure towards spiritual realization.

While the Gita lays down offering the attachment to fruits of works to the Lord, the philosophical grounding for the same may have to be traced in the Vedas.

While the Gita refers to the Ashwatta tree, with its roots up and branches and leaves down, the significance of the same may have to be traced in spiritual masterpieces like Tirumantiram in Tamil, or Savitri by Sri Aurobindo, or such other Revelations from the Divine.

While the Gita lays down the broad principles underlying meditation, the precise meditative steps may have to be traced to,- a) Self-Inquiry propounded by Sage Ramana or b) the over-head spiritual mind entry steps propounded by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, drawing down the Supramental Force for the transformation of the terrestrial consciousness, or such other methods delineated by Descents of the Divine

Ra K Sankar

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

If I might offer a few thoughts on your post, the same conjunctions would manifest in the similar ways, in people of all creed;
    the key factor defining the religion would be found in the place and time of birth of the native, here in bhūloka;

not in the celestial plane.
    As suggested by yajvan ji personnel factors in regards to the natives personnel character and spiritual evolution then come into play.

A displaced bhava, of a planet such as Rahu, in the bhava chalit chakra. Would signify a problem in the way strangers are perceived.

I ought to mention that I have not studied mundane astrology; but that I believe the actions of the individual to have more import
    than that of the herd, although kula is undoubtedly important, yet when ascertaining its characteristic one must surely look first to
    geography

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Namaste Manaji,

Thank you for the post. I understand what you way, and it is also exactly what traditional astrology speaks of, is it not - that is, individual's behavior traits are as per their own individual charts and planetary influences in them. But, nevertheless, we say that Saturn is strong in night births and Sun is strong in day births - but when it comes to actual evaluation of charts, nobody seems to pay attention to this. Similarly, I thought I observed a distinct behavior pattern that manifested as unique traits in people belonging to different religions - observations I cannot discuss here - which is why I thought perhaps some planetary influences are stronger in them. Thanks for clarifying! I still tend to think on similar veins, but I will keep your clarification in mind.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information