Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Evanjihadism in Asia

Re: Evanjihadism in Asia

Pranam Atanu ji

Om saha naavavatu sahanau bhunaktu
    Saha veeryam karavaavahai
    Tejasvi naavadheetamastu maa vidvishaavahai
    Om shantih shantih shantih

May He protect us both May He cause us both to enjoy the bliss of Mukti (liberation)! May we both exert to discover the true meaning of the sacred scriptures! May our studies be fruitful! May we never quarrel with each other! Let there be threefold peace

Time to give this thread back, as Znanna observed, but then our way of life is never separate from Dharma so I guess it is impossible to avoid the discussion without the Dharma reference.
    Adawita or Bhakti sets a tone for final emancipation of the soul, however it is not devoid of learning process, just as in trying to solve a mathematical problem there is only one correct answer and one may approach that from different angle and in the process if there are mental blocks these are problem one has to surmount.

Your example of gopi bhava, such expression of love even Udahv was astounded can not be imitated but you are right we have to strive towards this perfection, how can I not accept it since one of my favorite gujrati bhajan point to the same direction you are expounding, it goes some thing like this,He Maa, should I become a victim of someone’s arrow let my heart be pierced, give me the strength to tolerate but let me not retaliate Hey Jagajanani hey jagdambe maa to Bhavani saranmaa layge (give me your shelter, maa).

The other morning I listen to pravachan on sanskar TV and I will try do justice as best as I could from my memory.
    Mata arundhati one morning felt full of joy ready to explode in singing and dancing inquired of her swami what could be the reason. Sage Vashistha explained, it was all due to Vishvamitras presence and great Tapa, he explained how great he was, Vishwamitra, hiding behind a bush ready to behead, who had already killed 100 sons of Vashistha, dropped the sword.

Until such realization dawns on us our refuge is in shastra in regards to our duty,

Latter-day Viswamitra sought help of Lord Ram the student of Vashitha to protect His yagya.

Yato Dhrmah Tato Jayah" - Where Dharma exists victory is guaranteed.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam Atanu ji

Om saha naavavatu sahanau bhunaktu
    Saha veeryam karavaavahai
    Tejasvi naavadheetamastu maa vidvishaavahai
    Om shantih shantih shantih

May He protect us both May He cause us both to enjoy the bliss of Mukti (liberation)! May we both exert to discover the true meaning of the sacred scriptures! May our studies be fruitful! May we never quarrel with each other! Let there be threefold peace

Time to give this thread back, as Znanna observed, but then our way of life is never separate from Dharma so I guess it is impossible to avoid the discussion without the Dharma reference.
    Adawita or Bhakti sets a tone for final emancipation of the soul, however it is not devoid of learning process, just as in trying to solve a mathematical problem there is only one correct answer and one may approach that from different angle and in the process if there are mental blocks these are problem one has to surmount.

Your example of gopi bhava, such expression of love even Udahv was astounded can not be imitated but you are right we have to strive towards this perfection, how can I not accept it since one of my favorite gujrati bhajan point to the same direction you are expounding, it goes some thing like this,He Maa, should I become a victim of someone’s arrow let my heart be pierced, give me the strength to tolerate but let me not retaliate Hey Jagajanani hey jagdambe maa to Bhavani saranmaa layge (give me your shelter, maa).

The other morning I listen to pravachan on sanskar TV and I will try do justice as best as I could from my memory.
    Mata arundhati one morning felt full of joy ready to explode in singing and dancing inquired of her swami what could be the reason. Sage Vashistha explained, it was all due to Vishvamitras presence and great Tapa, he explained how great he was, Vishwamitra, hiding behind a bush ready to behead, who had already killed 100 sons of Vashistha, dropped the sword.

Until such realization dawns on us our refuge is in shastra in regards to our duty,

Latter-day Viswamitra sought help of Lord Ram the student of Vashitha to protect His yagya.

Yato Dhrmah Tato Jayah" - Where Dharma exists victory is guaranteed.

Jai Shree Krishna

Namaste to all and especially to Ganesh Prasad Ji,

Happy Holi to all.

A very inspired writing, Ganesh Ji. Waking life has its dillemmas. The truth is that the world that one gets is one's karma.

Even while hating all kinds of violence and hatred I would say that the faith needs protection. Visvamitra demanded 100 cows (definitely not physical cows) from Vashista who refused to part with the cows and in the ensuing battle Vasista vanquished Visvamitra's army with darbha grass. All the while Vashista called Visvamitra a brahmarishi.

That was and is still is a hallowed world.

In this world, I now have started understanding the mind and the pain of people like Dara Singh who killed Staines. Though it may be shocking for most people that some one may empathise with a murderer, but the haughty contempt for our scripture, our gurus, our way of worship that these christian missionaries exhibit can invoke reaction easily.

They use all kinds of enticement to lure the poor, to spread hatred and inequality. There is very little spirituality in those missionary activities. Like Muslims invaded for lucre. Christians came in as pirates. Instict is always justified using rationality. Dharma has followed pirates and not the other way around.

But since it is easy for a rogue outsider to lure away an illtreated wife, the internal inconsistencies must be lovingly treated with good medicine.

Rogue outsiders, I suppose, will never go away. But I feel that we must pay heed when our scripture and our faith and our revered dieties are undermined (by so-called aliens and by Hindus as well). I can show you several instances in vague puranas where the Lord is killed off by others -- by Devi, by Vishnu, and even by unknown dieties. Why will Lord be loving to us? (I have not found the incidence of humbling of Indra by Krishna in Vedas (may be I am not equipped to find the verse?). On the other hand, I have read the reverse. Division in the mind of a nation is easily exploitable.)

Where Dharma exists victory is guaranteed. This must be the ultimate. That is what I believe strongly, since Arjuna chose Lord wheras Duryodhana chose the army.

Only a naked fakir, Gandhiji, equipped solely with bare non-tangible Atma Shakti was able to throw away the invaders.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 03 March 2007 at 08:29 PM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Pranam Atanu ji

Happy Holi to all.

on this day it is important to remember as well as enjoy the colourful event, the wonderful character and faith of Prhlad maharaj.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information