Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evanjihadism in Asia

Evanjihadism in Asia

http://www.christianaggression.org/i...&id=1130133787
    (Fair use rules!)

Can Hinduism face the onslaught of Project Thessalonica?

(snip)
    Project Thessalonica is a sub-project of Joshua Project II. Joshua Project II set the scope and strategy for converting the "heathen" of the world in 10-40 window (regions that lie between the latitudes of 10 and 40 degrees north) whereas project Thessalonica (called PT) prioritizes the tasks to be taken. Joshua Project II strategized the methodology called 'Adopt-a-peoples' wherein every mission agency or church adopted a 'people group'. Tribals were the first and easy missionary targets. Unfortunately the missionary activity didn't weaken Hinduism as the church strategists had anticipated - many of the converts still celebrated and attended Hindu festivals and continued to follow Hindu traditions. As a counter measure Project Thessalonica was started in 2004. Before getting into the details of Project Thessalonica it will be useful to look at the origins of the name of the project.
    Thessalonica was a major port city strategically located at the junction of the main land route from Italy to the east and the main route from the Danube down to the Aegean Sea. It was the capital of the Roman province of Macedonia, a free city ruled by a popular assembly and magistrates. The people of this city were rich, technologically advanced and culturally distinct. Paul and Silas, during the Apostle's second missionary journey, visited Thessalonica to preach the Gospel and propagate Christianity. However, Paul's teachings received a lukewarm response from the people. Some locals irritated by Paul's teachings got a hold of Jason and his brothers, who were hosting Paul, and took them to city officials. They were charged with harboring traitors, but faced no physical harm. They were eventually made to post a bond and set free. In 390 AD, the Christian ruler Theodosius the Great, punished a revolt by the inhabitants of the city by massacring more than 7000 people. Much of the city was eventually converted to Christianity.
    A few observations about the city of Thessalonica at the time of Paul will make its relevance to today's world clear. First the city was strategically located in terms of access to other cities by both land and sea. Before their forced conversion to Christianity, its inhabitants were economically and culturally prosperous. Perhaps more importantly they were tolerant, which explains why, inspire of provocation, the lives of Paul, Jason and his brothers were spared. The government was also indifferent to the missionaries and the adverse impact of their activities on the people.
    Hindus in India today are in the same situation as the people of Thessalonica found themselves in at the time of Paul. They are prosperous economically and culturally and extremely tolerant of other people and faiths. The government is completely indifferent to the activities of the missionaries in India, in spite of the tremendous damage that missionary activity has wrought on the local population all over India. Seen in this context, the choice of "Thessalonica" as a name for a project focused on converting Hindus of India to Christianity seems particularly apt.
    Project Thessalonica aims to stop or limit Hindu activity by converting people who form the pillars of Hindu culture, festivals, traditions and activity. Traditionally missionaries hate any public expression or display of heathen religions in the form of festivals and temples. Missions want to ensure that no new temple construction activity starts. With this objective they are converting masons, craftsmen and others involved in temple construction activity. The First Baptist Church of Nashville, Tennessee adopted towns where the annual Kumbh Mela takes place and has been actively converting the locals so that visitors face extreme hardship during their next visit trying to find services and supplies. Another mission group is adopting boatmen of Kasi where Hindus drop rice balls in river Ganges as an offering to their forefathers. The boatsmen are being trained in other fields so that they abandon this profession. They are making environmental groups raise the voice so that Ganesh processions, Kumbh Melas and Jagannath Rath Yatras are limited. One big worry seems to the extremely popular Hindu television programs. Christian agencies have decided on buying these prime slots at a premium and are actively working with programming sources. Over the past 20 years, missionaries also appear to have invested a lot in handling the political leadership, so much so that their activities appear to be almost immune to the ruling political party. It seems that a good section of media is also on their side to such an extent that any group opposing their activity finds itself identified as a militant or extremist group in the news media.
    http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=19364
    http://www.scbaptist.org/news/article-1999941961.htm
    http://www.scbaptist.org/news/article-1999969849.htm
    http://resources.imb.org/index.cfm/f.../location/asia
    http://www.fbcpowell.org/pages/missi...national.shtml
    http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?ID=22238

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Re: Evanjihadism in Asia

Namaskar,

I read the definition:

Project Thessalonica is “a vision to lead the church to engage every people group and city in South Asia with a church-planting movement strategy.”

Scary really for the planters not for us. Sanatana Dharma has had such assaults and spontaneously the planting goes in the opposite direction.

Good, honest, and rational people all over embrace sanatana dharma. The ill-motivated, due to lure of money or other motivations move away.

Sanatana Dharma, however is different from the caste ridden bigotry dominated so-called dharma.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaskar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    Sanatana Dharma, however is different from the caste ridden bigotry dominated so-called dharma.
    Om Namah Shivayya
    Well said Atanu!! Couldn't have said it any better myself. The so-called dharma of inequality, of highers and lowers, of stratification of human beings, of "holier than thou's" that is not Sanatana Dharma, that is adharma.

There are two key points Project Thessalonica is missing:
    1. We don't live in 390 CE
    2. Sanatana Dharma has tremendous capacity of revival, of contextualizing itself for the present time. It has done this again and again and again.

OM Namah Shivaya.

....post deleted
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

And isn't this parrallel to a much stronger mission of so-called globalisation --- which has more or less meant feeding potato chips and Coke. That happiness is in shiny materials is a more insidous delusion, which cripples from inside. Even today in newspaper I find a similar news of an economic offensive being planned by the World Bank to consolidate in Asia.

Before OPEC was formed one barrel of petroleum was bartered against a bottle of Coke.

Thus Josef Stigliz has suggested creating an Asian Monetary Fund, since in reality, the Asian countries are subsidising the US economy. Project Thessalonica and other such projects have business at their root.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Pranam Atanu ji

The picture we see paints a wonderful story, but how natural is it though?

We all have heard of this story I think.

"scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too." The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?" Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

Conflicting human instincts that exist within each of us—the instinct to work toward civilization and order and the instinct to descend into savagery, violence, and chaos. We are constantly pulled between the two, torn apart, due to our insatiable desire and hate.
    Civilization is built upon set of rules however unpalatable sometimes it may seem, but just like, although fire is pure, still there is smoke. Yet smoke does not make the fire impure.

Varnashram, as ordained by Lord Krishna, provided the framework for the gradual progress for the society in harmony.

Good, honest, and rational people all over embrace sanatana dharma. The ill-motivated, due to lure of money or other motivations move away.
    There are all kind of people that embrace Dharma for instance Krishna says in BG

Four types of virtuous ones worship or seek Me, O Arjuna. They are: the distressed, the seeker of Self-knowledge, the seeker of wealth, and the wise one who knows the Supreme. (7.16)

It is very easy to blame the Varna system, the chaos that we see, this inequality, exists in all society.
    As the Kali yuga progress, Dharma has become more and more obscure; the standard has dropped in all the varna, not helped by the brutal occupation of foreigners. This is what Bharat has inherited what do you suggest we do? It is still the best system on offer if we strip out the discriminatory and egoistic superiority complex.

When there is disharmony in the society the first causality is the unity of the each varna, the greed and envy takes over.when Dharma further deteriorate the unity within the varna disintegrate. We can see the unity that was so solid, and we are so proud of, our joint family structure, is slowly but steadily being destroyed, as one becomes ever so selfish and greedy.

Lets not blame the Varna system, (this class ridden bigotry was exaggerated and exploited by the biggest class conscious, the Brits) it is our own further going away from Dharma that this system is being destroyed.

And isn't this parrallel to a much stronger mission of so-called globalisation --- which has more or less meant feeding potato chips and Coke. That happiness is in shiny materials is a more insidous delusion, which cripples from inside. Even today in newspaper I find a similar news of an economic offensive being planned by the World Bank to consolidate in Asia.
    This is the mad chase that deludes us all, and further takes us away from Dharma. The whole education system is geared towards economic development where is the balance?

True in the presence of Lord Shiva everyone is at peace, to make that possible we have to make sacrifice and above all give up our envy and selfish desires.

When Dharma becomes center of our occupation, all differences are superfluous.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Namaste GP,

I agree with u 100%. Had posted on your lines, but deleted it on 2nd thought as it seemed incoherent jibberish.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam Atanu ji

The picture we see paints a wonderful story, but how natural is it though?

----
    "scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too." The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?" Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

Conflicting human instincts that exist within each of us--------
    Jai Shree Krishna

Jai Shree Krishna Ganesh Prasad Ji,

I agree with all that you say. Nicely put. I wish that we discuss more on the followings:
    • What motivation drives cowards such as bombers of Samjhauta Express?
    • What is the main reason of intolerance where one individual hates another and one group hates another, resorting to even killing?
    • How God may be viewing such acts and has He any responsibility? Who or what can be held responsible?
    Of course, I wish that the analysis remains dharmic and may not become culture specific. The hatred and intolerance is usually very general and all pervading.

Om Namah Shivayya

Pranam Sm and thank you
    Pranam Atanu ji

I have a confession to make my first lines i.e. Scorpion story was meant to be posted on Strange Musing, if I had cause any confusion please accept my apologies although it equally applies to this thread, so no harm done I guess, the picture here certainly paints a grim story.

I wish that we discuss more on the followings:
    What motivation drives cowards such as bombers of Samjhauta Express?
    Those who carry out this crimes are zombies, but the real villains are the mastermind behind them.Who are they? too early to speculate. Who stands to gain, if there is gain at all.if this is work of misguided jihad’s then they shoot them self in the foot.

Pakistani think tank will not accept peaceful coexistence with India even if the top leader wishes their hate for us is too deep-rooted.

There is also this envy of our recent economic resurgent and here there would be many interested parties who would like to see India forever engaged in conflict, so as to keep us down, it is so easy to motivate the jihads against the Kafirs.

Would I discount our own? No because politics is a very dirty game.

What is the main reason of intolerance where one individual hates another and one group hates another, resorting to even killing?

Ignorance of Dharma. Me and mine mentality, not accepting what is allotted to me as enough. Never satisfied thus the search for pleasure goes on unabated in wrong direction, encroaches on someone else’s territory, who is equally frustrated by the pangs of material life.

Man never admits to its frailty and failures, always pretending, so this false show goes on, and the one without is thinking the other is better off then I am. The hate arises out of frustration

The Lord Says

dhyayato visayan pumsah
    sangas tesupajayate
    sangat sanjayate kamah
    kamat krodho 'bhijayate

krodhad bhavati sammohah
    sammohat smrti-vibhramah
    smrti-bhramsad buddhi-naso
    buddhi-nasat pranasyati

One develops attachment to sense objects by thinking about sense objects. Desire for sense objects comes from attachment to sense objects, and anger comes from unfulfilled desires. (2.62)

Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down (from the right path) when reasoning is destroyed. (2.63)

How God may be viewing such acts and has He any responsibility? Who or what can be held responsible?
    God is impartial in such situation, though he does intervene in extreme situation and he listen to our prayers, even if he does not interfere he gives us the knowledge to overcome our difficulties.

nadatte kasyacit papam
    na caiva sukrtam vibhuh
    ajnanenavrtam jnanam
    tena muhyanti jantavah

The Lord does not take the (responsibility for) good or evil deeds of anybody. The knowledge is covered by (the veil of) ignorance, thereby people are deluded. (5.15)

Of course, I wish that the analysis remains dharmic and may not become culture specific. The hatred and intolerance is usually very general and all pervading.
    Yes without the Dharma’s constrains, that we still hold so dear, I doubt very much the aggressors would have survived in any other country except ours, instead they have more rights then us.

This is not to say we are above hate and desires, far from it yet it is Dharma that sustains us.

Om Namah Shivayya, Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    -----Yes without the Dharma’s constrains, that we still hold so dear, I doubt very much the aggressors would have survived in any other country except ours, instead they have more rights then us.

This is not to say we are above hate and desires, far from it yet it is Dharma that sustains us.

Om Namah Shivayya, Jai Shree Krishna

Pranam Ganesh Prasad Ji,

Nice input. Can we have other views also?

I put in an additional query here.

Is the hatred that results in cowardice violence culture specific?
    Or does such hatred sprout from 'Me amd Mine' on one hand and 'They and Other' on the other?

Which of the above two is more fundamental? (We know of violence/war etc., from the beginning of time. )

Om Namah Shivayya

Thread Information