Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evanjihadism in Asia

Re: Evanjihadism in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    If I love peace and harmony (Shivam) then by default I hate violence and discord.
    You have hit the hammer right on the nail GP.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    While this may be true to the one who has realized thus, I have to say it is absolutely impractical and futile as a dogma.

Better is to try not to have hate and stand firm for the right. When one fights for the right and just, it cannot be hate as it is dharma.

Namaste,

It seems to me that fighting itself is impractical as dogma, as it implies one is fighting *against* something which is "other", thus is intrinsically dualistic.

"I'm other you" = "I love you" in old Scots Gaelic

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Pranam Atanu ji

Exactly. The acts are mine. So, I should suffer. Alternately, the responsiblity of a calm consciousness is also mine.
    But I had left out another reference, which I bring in now.

Lord Krishna says: Lord has tied Jivas on an automaton and left them to rotate (not exact translation of course). How this goes with the verse that Lord is not responsible for mistakes etc.? Are we dealing with two Lords?

Certainly not, and there can be no contradictions in what Krishna says, the fault is ours in understanding, we are all guilty of putting on certain color glass and view from that perspective.

A jihadi armed with the knowledge (misguided) that janat awaits me if I kill a kafir and a kaffir if he thinks there is no other (fear not love all) gets killed. This to me is a cope out, not wanting to deal with a situation.

Coming back to query of lord’s responsibility and verse you mention,

isvarah sarva-bhutanam
    hrd-dese 'rjuna tisthati
    bhramayan sarva-bhutani
    yantrarudhani mayaya

The Lord abides in the heart of all beings, O Arjuna, causing all beings to act (or work out their Karma) by His power of Maya as if they are (puppets of Karma) mounted on a machine. (18.61)

This seems as if we have no choice or responsibility for our action but if you read previous two verses then you might understand what is meant ( yantrarudhani mayaya) this automation is our previous desires and karma, since he is the witness as the supersoul we get what we deserve, and is carried by the material body which is created in the material energy under the direction of the Supersoul.

If due to ego you think: I shall not fight; this resolve of yours is vain. Your own nature will compel you (to fight). (18.59)
    What you do not wish to do out of delusion; you shall do even that against your will, bound by your own nature-born Karma, O Arjuna. (18.60)

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Namaskar
    So, we have a contradiction here? One has to see the difference less Brahman -- so one has to be another?

How can another see difference less Brahman?
    How can one know/see advaita atma by being a second to it?
    Concepts, the apparent contradictions, these are well beyond me, until I am realized it will remain So.If I am Brahman or parts and verities within, which is a great mystery, all this has no value, if our endeavor to follow Dharma, to unravel that mystery, is constantly disturbed and challenged.

This is what Krishna says about differences.

na tv evaham jatu nasam
    na tvam neme janadhipah
    na caiva na bhavisyamah
    sarve vayam atah param

There was never a time when I, you, or these kings did not exist; nor shall we ever cease to exist in the future. (2.12)

mattah parataram nanyat
    kincid asti dhananjaya
    mayi sarvam idam protam
    sutre mani-gana iva

O conqueror of wealth [Arjuna], there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread. (7.07)

maya tatam idam sarvam
    jagad avyakta-murtina
    mat-sthani sarva-bhutani
    na caham tesv avasthitah

By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them. (9.04)

na ca mat-sthani bhutani
    pasya me yogam aisvaram
    bhuta-bhrn na ca bhuta-stho
    mamatma bhuta-bhavanah

And yet beings, in reality, do not remain in Me. Look at the power of My divine mystery. Though the sustainer and creator of all beings, I do not remain in them. (9.05)

yathakasa-sthito nityam
    vayuh sarvatra-go mahan
    tatha sarvani bhutani
    mat-sthanity upadharaya

As the mighty wind, blowing everywhere, always rests in ethereal space, know that in the same manner all beings rest in Me.(9.06)

mamaivamso jiva-loke
    jiva-bhutah sanatanah
    manah-sasthanindriyani
    prakrti-sthani karsati

Atma in the body is My eternal indivisible fragment indeed. Atma gets bound (or attached, and is called Jeevaatma) due to superimposition or association with the six sensory faculties, including the mind, of perception. (15.07)

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Pranam

When I said knowledge I of course meant meditative knowledge incuding renunciation of ego. Even from 12.13 (above), it is clear that the wise are the ones who have given up/lost the notion of 'I and Mine'. So, when we stick to an individual I, can we ever be close to wisdom?

And when one has clearly seen that the I is Lord Himself (and that the ego has no capacity to feel and say I), then who is against whom? What is mine and what is them? Repeat: To one who has given up the notion of I, what is mine and what is His?

Knowledge is a great asset but the realization of it, is a far cry.
    If you have given up the notion of I then I guess there is nothing further to say.

I also pointed out such virtues are great within equals and of the same school, harmony and peace is maintained

Arjun had the same dilemma, he saw fit to withdraw in to the jungle and become a mendicant, overcome by grief, he also questioned if knowledge was so great why push him in to ghastly action?

Arjuna said: If You consider that transcendental knowledge is better than work then why do You want me to engage in this horrible war, O Krishna? (3.01)

Here is what the lord says

na karmanam anarambhan
    naiskarmyam puruso 'snute
    na ca sannyasanad eva
    siddhim samadhigacchati

na hi kascit ksanam api
    jatu tisthaty akarma-krt
    karyate hy avasah karma
    sarvah prakrti-jair gunaih

One does not attain freedom from the bondage of Karma by merely abstaining from work. No one attains perfection by merely giving up work. (3.04)

Because no one can remain actionless even for a moment. Everyone is driven to action, helplessly indeed, by the Gunas of nature. (3.05)

Jai Shree Krishna

Pranam Atanu ji

Isn't the notion of I as a discrete individual, separate from Brahman, the fall?

Let us see whether contradictions can be resolved by words or not?
    The fall indeed is a great mystery, the sat chit and anand quality, how it gets deluded, is a bigger mystery, if you can, please let me know.

Words do not resolve contradiction there is always a scope for misunderstandings, action and realization does so uthistha and do your duty that is the message from Gita.

Jai Shree Krishna

Pranam SM
    Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad
    If I love peace and harmony (Shivam) then by default I hate violence and discord.

I am glad you think so, it seems some of our friends here are in denial and want to reconcile all the differences in adwitam, meanwhile those who don’t care or respect our Dharma have a field day.

This is precisely how Mohammed gajvi (spelling), who came as an enemy and who was forgiven few times, had an opportunity to come back and the rest is history

Jai Shree Krishna

Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad

Um, I know no polite way to say this, but this is so divisive that it reminds me of debates I've had with fundamentalist Christians who say sin isn't sin if it's justified.

YMMV

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    [/size]

Um, I know no polite way to say this, but this is so divisive that it reminds me of debates I've had with fundamentalist Christians who say sin isn't sin if it's justified.

ZN

Well it is so easy to make statements without giving any reason.

Unlike your Christians fundamentalist, I have not denied anything, not even your notion on love so why the implication?

In the context of my statement as a whole how do you justify your stance and I quote again

Love never dies.

I like to accept the notion that I love everyone, everything; there is no difference.

There is no hate, as there is no other.
    My answer
    Granted love is the highest expression, one can see that manifest in mother’s unconditional love for her children also, and yet resentment also sprouts as one notice the naughty one get the rewards.

Until the final goal is realized, such notion that there is no hate is futile in this dualistic world.
    In the context of the discussion, the violence, the deceit against Dharma, I may learn to forgive the perpetrator, but I can not be indifferent to acts of violence and deceit.

If the statement "sin isn’t if it’s justified" not acceptable to you, then why violence and discord, (which directly contradicts peace and harmony) be acceptable.

Why this thread in the first place, did you expect any reaction?

YMMV
    What is this?

Jai Shree Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post

Namaskar Ganesh Prasad Ji and Namaskar SM,

Right on the nail?

Loving God means there is nothing else to hate as God is ALL. So, there is some confusion as to which is nail and which is hammer.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 24 February 2007 at 11:25 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information