Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Anxiety

Unhappy 2012 Anxiety

I...don't know why I'm thinking of this right now...maybe it's because I saw the other thread of 2012 that's in this section of the forums while I was looking up the Who's Online list. But...well, it might be a sign of craziness or delusion, but I'm having a lot of anxiety about the week ahead and ultimately December 21, 2012.

Supposedly according to many spiritual sources, including some Hindus, the world will end on Dec. 21 in a rather violent fashion. Natural disasters, global destruction, massive wars, and other fun stuff. Some of my coworkers at work (who are definitely not Hindu) definitely believe something devastating will happen that day. Some of the people I know are even happy about the devastation that is supposedly coming!

I don't see how anyone could be so copacetic about the world's possible violent demise. It's like they don't care if their fellow human being suffers or dies as a result. They think they'll always be one of the few worthy survivors roaming the streets of a post-apocalyptic world or some such. How can these people not care? If disaster as depicted in Hollywood really does happen, it won't be pleasant or painless. You'll most likely suffer greatly or die in an agonizing way. And yet it just seems like so many people, fed up with humanity as a whole, want this to happen. It makes me sick and terrified!

I know that there are plenty of counter sources saying nothing major will happen on 2012, and especially some Hindus saying it's all hype. But still, the anxiety remains. It just seems like some psycho will do something horrible just to prove the prophecies right in some way.

I know if the world does end on that day, there's nothing I can do anyway...I'm just so sickened at the callousness of so many people who are completely oblivious to the suffering that might occur. I don't want anything to happen on that day. I'm not ready...

Re: 2012 Anxiety

If God wants to destroy the world then so be it. It is His right to do whatever He wants. And if He wants to do it, theres nothing you can do about it. So why worry?

Namaste Kumar_Das,

I know you're right, it's just...well, this post is more of a rant against humans being callous to each other. Talking about the end of the world as if they want to rule said world and have it all be their way, wanting the end of the world so they don't have to deal with everyone else. It just hurts me that people can be so oblivious to the suffering of others when talking about things like this. If people were more willing to help each other out and help soothe each other's anxiety and frayed nerves, I wouldn't be so worried.

Namaste

I don't get the extended meaning of this

Talking about the end of the world as if they want to rule said world and have it all be their way,
    and this

wanting the end of the world so they don't have to deal with everyone else
    It just hurts me that people can be so oblivious to the suffering of others when talking about things like this. If people were more willing to help each other out and help soothe each other's anxiety and frayed nerves, I wouldn't be so worried.
    What exactly are you talking about?

"Supposedly according to many spiritual sources, including some Hindus, the world will end on Dec. 21 in a rather violent fashion. Natural disasters, global destruction, massive wars, and other fun stuff. Some of my coworkers at work (who are definitely not Hindu) definitely believe something devastating will happen that day. Some of the people I know are even happy about the devastation that is supposedly coming!"
    Would you normally let yourself be affected by their emotions?

"I don't see how anyone could be so copacetic about the world's possible violent demise. It's like they don't care if their fellow human being suffers or dies as a result. They think they'll always be one of the few worthy survivors roaming the streets of a post-apocalyptic world or some such. How can these people not care? If disaster as depicted in Hollywood really does happen, it won't be pleasant or painless. You'll most likely suffer greatly or die in an agonizing way. And yet it just seems like so many people, fed up with humanity as a whole, want this to happen. It makes me sick and terrified!"
    When people become emotional they tend to become selfish. As much as I love zombie/apocalypse stories, I always wonder why anyone would want to survive that kind of situation with people at their worst.
    How do you know people will "suffer greatly or die in an agonizing way"? Pointless worrying about things that have not happened.

"I know that there are plenty of counter sources saying nothing major will happen on 2012, and especially some Hindus saying it's all hype. But still, the anxiety remains. It just seems like some psycho will do something horrible just to prove the prophecies right in some way."
    Psychos will do something regardless of the day. Something terrible is happening right now, if something happens on that day it won't be any different.

"I know if the world does end on that day, there's nothing I can do anyway...I'm just so sickened at the callousness of so many people who are completely oblivious to the suffering that might occur. I don't want anything to happen on that day. I'm not ready..."
    I'm not sure how people can be callous at something that has not happened. Are they supposed to be echoing Chicken Little too?

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bow
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    - D.H. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    It just hurts me that people can be so oblivious to the suffering of others when talking about things like this.
    Do you mean your suffering?

If people were more willing to help each other out and help soothe each other's anxiety and frayed nerves, I wouldn't be so worried.
    Okay, okay, I can take a hint.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh4tHpUflDA - Relax
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE - Let the sunshine in
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/paws/happies...s-in-the-world - Shhh, secret to happiness

Hmmm, you might be right about our impending doom.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/freddiecampi...look-like-5vii - These animals have something to do with it
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...ried-about-you - and I'm guessing these know its too late to stop THE PLAN

I...don't know why I'm thinking of this right now...maybe it's because I saw the other thread of 2012 that's in this section of the forums while I was looking up the Who's Online list. But...well, it might be a sign of craziness or delusion, but I'm having a lot of anxiety about the week ahead and ultimately December 21, 2012.

Supposedly according to many spiritual sources, including some Hindus, the world will end on Dec. 21 in a rather violent fashion. Natural disasters, global destruction, massive wars, and other fun stuff. Some of my coworkers at work (who are definitely not Hindu) definitely believe something devastating will happen that day. Some of the people I know are even happy about the devastation that is supposedly coming!

I don't see how anyone could be so copacetic about the world's possible violent demise. It's like they don't care if their fellow human being suffers or dies as a result. They think they'll always be one of the few worthy survivors roaming the streets of a post-apocalyptic world or some such. How can these people not care? If disaster as depicted in Hollywood really does happen, it won't be pleasant or painless. You'll most likely suffer greatly or die in an agonizing way. And yet it just seems like so many people, fed up with humanity as a whole, want this to happen. It makes me sick and terrified!

I know that there are plenty of counter sources saying nothing major will happen on 2012, and especially some Hindus saying it's all hype. But still, the anxiety remains. It just seems like some psycho will do something horrible just to prove the prophecies right in some way.

I know if the world does end on that day, there's nothing I can do anyway...I'm just so sickened at the callousness of so many people who are completely oblivious to the suffering that might occur. I don't want anything to happen on that day. I'm not ready...
    Please relax ! My forecast is "Nothing is going to happen on 21 December'2012 which can be said as a "disaster"". This is going to be true ... though I am not a fortune teller ... or I don't claim that "God has told me so" etc. Just believe it.

BTW, if the world is going to end, how can anyone will survive ... how can anyone suffer ? The world will end ... means everything will end. So all anxiety will also end. Why worry ?

Again, even if nothing happens on 21 December, 2012, my forecast is that I will certainly die someday if not on 21st December'2012. The day of my death was fixed with certainty on the day I was born. It is predestined. Why worry over something which is a certainty ??

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

This is one of those, "Let go of the Reigns" situations.

If the world is going to end, you can't do anything about it. What's more, if you're convinced December 21st is the end all, why waste your last week on earth in this life worried about it? Live in peace, do as much good as you can, and on the 21st have a cocktail.
    "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Namaste.

The world has been ending for the past 5,000 years at least. Every culture and civilization has predicted the end of the world for any significant or insignificant date one can think of. We're still here. Y2K sent the corporate world into a frenzy (IBM started it), with anti-Y2K-bug software companies sprouting like mushrooms. My company formed a task force to contact even the elevator and microwave companies. The biggest disaster was that companies which no longer exist made money off other companies' fears.

I'm one of those people who joke about 12/21/12. I think it sucks we have to go through a whole work week before the world ends! No, I do not believe the world will end, though I say it would be a real joke it it were true. Of course, who will be here Saturday morning to laugh about it?

Sri Krishna sharanam mama. If you don't have that, you have nothing.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste,

I am also the person who believe, nothing is going happen on 21st Dec 2012.

In above couple of post mentioned that Hindu Scriptures also predicts end of world by 2012 but I am not sure which those Hindu Scriptures are, may be my reading is limited.

So, we are so far so good, but coming years are not good. One war is yet not over and other has started. NATO sent some troops to Turkey, so it is going to add fuel. On the other side, North Korea is also getting ready. So no chance of Peace yet.

All these negative energies surrounded every person but we need to move ahead in our direction and that comes only from Spiritual Practice. Do not think that I have achieved everything in my life and I am so happy, I am also a normal person, sometimes these negatives bothers me too. But it is part of the Show.

Picture abhi khatam nahi huei - Drama is yet not over.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Thread Information