Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shame Capital.....

Angry Re: The Shame Capital.....

Namaste Twilightdance,
    this is not about hinduism but current indian culture which is not entirely driven by hinduism.
    Indian politics is driven three factors

1. Corruption
    2. Anti Hindus
    3. Thuggery

Namaste Believer,
    How can we claim Hinduism's superiority when it too produces animals?
    Hinduism in my opinion is not followed to its true sense in the present India.

Narrating a real incident that happened around 25/12/12 6 p.m IST.

While returning from Aaiyaappa Mandir in my black attire with chandan and vermilion on the forehead, saw a pack of **gs in their early teens chanting Pakistan Ko Salam Karo. Hearing this right in front of an Aaiyaappa Mandir I couldn't keep quiet. Upon rudely staring at them, they went on to say India Ko Joothey Maaro Aur Pakisthan Ko Salam Karo with a big mock.

Ironically, today my beloved Pseudo secular government had kicked off a cricket series against Pakistan after 26/11 in the name of Aman Ki Aasha.

Me the mango man of this banana republic couldn't do any thing so had to walk quickly away FROM the scene to avoid further humiliation.

I am sure if a similar incident had happened in a mullah area, would have ended up as a communal flare. Later Amul baby along with Doggie V Singh would have highlighted the rising saffron terrorism in this part of peaceful pseudo secular India as this state is ruled by BJP.

Now tell me, do you still think Hindus have any say in India?
    Last edited by Anirudh; 25 December 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Anirudh...

Re: The Shame Capital.....

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

The issue is why does it happen in the land where women are supposed to be worshiped. Why has our moral compass gone so haywire? How can we claim Hinduism's superiority when it too produces animals?

Pranam.
    I have at times found myself a little skeptical of the native Indians who claim that women are highly respected in Indian society because Hinduism mandates it. How then, does one explain not only crimes like rape, but also female infanticide? Either Hinduism is not a woman friendly religion, and people are just claiming otherwise to prevent themselves from looking bad, or Hinduism IS a woman friendly religion, and the problem is that the culture ignores those ideas.

Problems within a culture may be different from problems within a religion, but if a lot of people abuse a potion of society and then claim membership to a religion, that faith is going to get a bad rap, whether or not those people are accurate representations of the faith or not.

I have not read and updates on this and other related stories, but I hope the victims involved are surrounded by compassionate and loving family, friends and community so they can heal.
    "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Namaste,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20826070

There is credible evidence that the ruling party workers infiltrated the student protesters to turn the protests violent and give the protest marches a new twist; thereby drawing attention away from the main incident.

Still fighting for her life....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20848722

Pranam.

Thank you for the update, Believer. It's just awful...but I am glad to see that the Indian populace is making noise about it, rather then letting it become business as usual. Let's hope they can maintain enough momentum to start real change.
    "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Jodhaa View Post
    I have at times found myself a little skeptical of the native Indians who claim that women are highly respected in Indian society because Hinduism mandates it. How then, does one explain not only crimes like rape, but also female infanticide? Either Hinduism is not a woman friendly religion, and people are just claiming otherwise to prevent themselves from looking bad, or Hinduism IS a woman friendly religion, and the problem is that the culture ignores those ideas.
    Namaste,

Please note that India is NOT a China - not even 1% of the population indulges in female infanticide. It has happened in some very remote areas of the country in the past, but such cases are as rare as the recent gang rape ratio - a absolutely rare phenomenon. These isolated cases do not help anyone judge Hinduism and its treatment of women. In India, Indian women hold some of the most prestigious positions all across academia, and even in Politics - it is a country that has produced one Indira Gandhi and Jayalalitha, when nowhere in a Western country has a woman been elected for the topmost position in Politics. Even in Vedic times, when rest of the world was mostly illeterate, India has produced saints such as Gargi and Maitreyi known all over the country for ages for their contribution to the male-dominated arena of advanced vedic studies. So let us not discuss Hinduism in scales such as gang rape and infanticides - these are still very, very rare in India, IMO.
    Last edited by Viraja; 27 December 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17782918.cms

President’s son Abhijit Mukherjee apologizes after calling Delhi anti-rape protesters ‘dented and painted’

Note – it just came on TV here in the US the comments of Abhijit Mukherjee, which actually made me so mad I checked the internet news on this. I found this article among many, where President Pranab Mukherjee’s son named Abhijit said in regards to the women participating in the Delhi outcry regarding such rapes and these rapes in particular as women who are “highly dented and painted”, and comments such as (they are) “Walking in candlelight processions, going to discotheques …” and called them the “pink revolution” in what appears to be mocking tones. Later Abhijit “withdrew” his comments by initially using his sister to come out and apologize for him (makes me wonder, using his logic, wouldn’t that be making his own sister to hide behind her “skirts” and a “procession” that is “dented”? ) then later as outrage continued he issues a public statement “I apologize to all the people whose sentiments who got hurt because of these sentences and these sentences are withdrawn”.

I am not in favor of women going about dressed as prostitutes, but this guy strikes me as a “scared cat” and his statements not only wrongly timed, but again putting the blame on the woman and not the rapists and frankly are (politically) stupid and not the example of a true man who should protect women. If he is so concerned about making comments on this case, why isn't he acting like a man and going into the street and with the police officers to get right into the neighborhood and find out? Is he scared? What is there to be scared about, I am sure he can go into the street with security with guns to protect him, yes? I find often men who make such comments to be critical of women are in fact scared of women, e.g. "scared cats".

I notice in the picture of him, he is shown before the Congress I Party flag. Frankly I have a lot of problems with Congress Party and their nepotism and their sons of politicians who often are bad characters. Has the rapist been caught? Who did this? Are the rapist(s) well connected, perhaps with a politician? Any status updates?

Sorry for dwelling on this, I do not mean to insult all politicians, but his comments made me mad and do not strike me a manly. This is why I would not want to bring my daughter to Delhi.

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste

Has the rapist been caught? Who did this? Are the rapist(s) well connected, perhaps with a politician? Any status updates?

Om Namah Sivaya

This recent gang-rape has brought on public outcry from all over India. I'm proud of my Indian brothers and sisters who have gone to protest against the rapists not caring about Delhi's freezing temperatures.. The rapists have all been circled and arrested. The youth are requesting that all of them be hanged (though it may be most likely they are held on multiple life sentences).
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Aspirant01

This is great news! Thank you Aspirant01, these are the brave and true. I am glad they caught the evil doers, that is what we call them in USA.

Thanks again for the update!

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste Aspirant,

Please note that India is NOT a China .... these are still very, very rare in India, IMO
    Without hurting your pride feeling about India may I ask you which part of India you live? Women from other countries might be facing more hardship than our women but I am not interested to know about it. It doesn't matter at all.

But when we the Hindus who pray to KaaLi, Lakshmi, Saraswathi and believe them as our Devatas, do we treat our women in the same way or not is the question?

Now our clever masculine mind would ask whether women are behaving like Devatas or not, but then again it s digressing the issue.

When I start answering this question which is some what similar to Believers 8th post, ended up at two points

1. Hindus in our country don't have any say in our nation.

2. Many of us who claim ourselves as Hindus are not Hindus in the true sense.
    That means the question of protecting our women or treating them as Devatas doesn't arise at all.

If you want to contest my claim, before doing that, kindly take any one of your female relative or friend or whom you know in a normal Indian public transport. And at the end of the trip ask her, was she comfortable through out the trip? Then go back to 8th post in this thread and later tell me what you feel.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 28 December 2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Anirudh

You make some very valid and thought provoking points. I agree. I would also add another example. The Holi Festival. In some parts, it is actually lost its Hindu spirit, and instead we are seeing bad characters who want to simply abuse other people, and though even some men are abused, we now see shocking abuse of women and elderly. I have been told some awful stories about Westerners literally, almost being raped. I know these are not the example of Indians in general, it is only a few bad characters. But for some reason, these bad characters tend to be able to "run amok" much more than in the past. Often they are bad teenagers, frankly.

In some places, it is so bad, that actually I avoid going there at Holi. Which is sad for me. Why does this happen? In part, I blame bad influence from Western movies (Hollywood) and bad media web sites. I notice that I do not enjoy most Hindi movies from Bollywood anymore. They make heroes of bad characters, they show Hindus which seem to have NO resemblance to India's culture, who are dancing with half-naked European women and things of that sort. Everyone has a "gin and tonic" in their hand, or a bottle of "Black Label" (Scot Whiskey). The charm is gone from many Hindi movies. Yes, I know the old movies also had bad characters, one of my favorites was Dev Anand who starred in such movies as "Taxi Driver". Yes he played a bad character, but yet the movie did not betray Indian culture. But today, too many movies betray Indian culture.

Om Namah Sivaya

Jai Devi Maa!

Om Namah Sivaya

Thread Information