Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shame Capital.....

Re: The Shame Capital.....

Gosh this is terrible to wake up to. I never knew those uncouth SLUMDOGS could be BARBARIANS too. I sort of expected but didn't realise it could get to this level so fast. They had to remove the girl's damaged intestines because these hooligans used a metal rod?

How more cruel and uncivilised can these people get?

I was following this case quite closely(not that I wanted to), but because my uncle works in a neighbouring hospital and apparently knows some of the team doing this case, so it was constantly in the daily talk between him and my mother. I was getting all the gory details, right up to the dying hope of her surviving this ordeal.

I feel that slumdogs need to be given an education and taught how to respect people, especially women. It doesn't mean that just because they are poor or uneducated they don't have to respect others. What's worse is that they victimised an innocent woman and her male friend and stripped them for fun.

They have been caught, but I hope they receive a severe punishment for what they did.

Shame on the Indian government for this. India gets a rape report on an average of 1 every 18 hours. Can you imagine being a woman and living in such a society?

I'm just seething right now.

Anirudh:

wow, what a beautiful end to the play and a great Sunday cover story subject or a chai-biscuit gossip ....

Not funny.

[Not funny.]

For us Indians every thing is a chai-biscuit gossip from the time immemorial... If you don't believe me, may be you should ask Ashok Kamte or Kamlesh Kumari or the likes of them.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    wow, what a beautiful end to the play and a great Sunday cover story subject or a chai-biscuit gossip ....
    Very tasteless comments.
    Do you know what is it that you are trying to convey?
    Sometimes it is better to be quiet than to open your mouth and be identified as a classless person.

Pranam.

Sometimes it is better to be quiet than to open your mouth and be identified as a classless person.
    I ll keep quite!
    Anirudh...

Pranaam Everyone,

I was very very angry with the development. For a while I was angry with every thing was in front of me. It was like one another moment of getting cheated and I wasn't able to control my anger. It was spontaneous.

Having realized that, have decided to take few days off from HDF to regain my composure. May be when I return would have found out a way to keep my emotions under check. Nevertheless, I am not ashamed of my behavior.
    Anirudh...

All I can say is that reading about her injuries, I am glad that she can be at peace now, but I hope her suffering is not in vain.

So sad...There are no words for how terrible this whole thing has been. I can't imagine what the victim's family and friends must be going through.
    "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Namaste,

No other words are needed!

Pranam.

"We" have not come down to this level. This is the logical result of the ongoing campaign among Christians and academics to destroy the faith of the Hindu people in their own religion. Having no faith in Hinduism means having no faith in dharma, no motivation towards virtuous behavior, and thus degenerating to the level of rascals who only care about satisfying the desires of their bellies and their genitals.

A lot of Hindus do not believe in Hell, but our scriptures speak differently. They speak of many levels of hell where evil-minded people are tormented in direct proportion to the torment the have inflicted on others. These individuals are going to such Hells, of this I have no doubt.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Namaste

It is very upsetting, now that we see a victim of this crime has left her body. Of course, my natural reaction is anger, frankly I started saying things about the house such as “I hope they execute these pigs!” … One of my sister in laws has observed seeing criminals who were hanged in public in an Arab country and left hanging from a public light tower. Not sure what I should say, but sometimes I think it is fitting, but I won’t go there. Truthfully, I do not know what should be done with them, I hope the people of India get to decide and not some politicians.

Overall, I don’t want to exaggerate the issue but I am also going to be truthful regarding women going about alone in some parts of India. Frankly, though I have not been to Pakistan, my understanding is the situation is much worse there than India, probably due to the Muslim attitudes regarding women. In the US, there are areas I would not advise a woman to go about or travel alone. I have seen a rise in the crude mental state of society in general, I could give an example of something that I observed in open public that outraged me just last night but I won’t go into the details and bore everyone.

In India, frankly, there are areas I would not advise women to travel alone. The fact of the matter is, you might be assaulted. Also, I do not think such assaults have much to do about economic circumstances or poverty and crime or any of the popular notions which may have some legitimacy but I think have nothing to do with many if not most of such assaults.

I think it has to do with the decrepit nature of mass media, which is sending all the wrong cultural cues that trigger slumdogs and stupid people who are debased by such mass media that degrades the value of good character, makes fun of those who practice self-control as “not cool”, images of drinking and dancing with bad women, constant sex themes, violence in the media and in games, images used to sell products including images which turn even children and the elderly into objects of unnatural automatons (I don’t even like those commercials that show little babies who are talking with adult voices about things such as luxury cars and other idiocy, they actually degrade the very innocence of children) – I can rant on and on, and I apologize for doing so, but I am disgusted with what I am seeing.

So they send all the wrong cues to such minds which have no bases for culture, and culture is being lost. It is being replaced with “rap” and “hip hop” and other disgusting themes of violence and, frankly, barbarianism. It is not just these examples of music, there are all sorts of examples and I do not know exactly what should be done other than I hope great minds, yogis and savants can change things around.

Seedy cinemas. I think, even in the example of these rapes, these goons and barbarians came from a cinema.

I would also be very frank, and warn foreign women that they may become an object of attack if travelling alone due to many of these “miscues” which project them as of loose morals. Whether it has some legitimacy or not does not excuse the attacks, you may be dressed in “yogi” clothes, sari, salwar kameez, doesn’t matter. Be careful!

Here are some ideas to members who are women travelling in India. Granted, it is only pertinent to some areas, and not representative of all of India. These are generalities. But keep in mind, the culture of mass media that is degrading society is also degrading India, too.

I would not advise a woman travelling alone to ever drink or smoke in public. I know members of the forum would not do so, but who knows?

Restrooms might be not easily available. Forget about makeup kit, popping it open and doing your face in public. Time your bladder needs appropriately. If you need to pass water often, then don’t drink a lot of liquids just before getting on that taxi or bus for a 6 hour trip to a far away temple.

Do not be friendly or over friendly. Be polite - that is not the same as being “friendly”. Yes, be polite – but do not think you should be “Miss Friendly”, it might be misunderstood. Only be friendly with other women, I would recommend with older women. Also ask the older women about what is the safe way to do something. They might also know the latest news, or even issues or crimes.

Om Namah Sivaya

deleted...
    Last edited by ShriBala; 05 April 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Thread Information