Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shame Capital.....

Re: The Shame Capital.....

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    Why the protests?
    If I understand the question correctly,
    There has been a general feeling that the legislative/executive branch, the judiciary and the law enforcement agencies have consistently failed to provide proper protection for women. This incident was a catalyst in bringing out the seething crowds in trying to force the powers to be to actually DO something instead of merely providing lip service.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 30 December 2012 at 11:39 PM.

Vannakkam

Whatever happened to the girl was dumb and cruel. What's dumber is the Indian government's "sudden" realisation of its rape cases, as if this is the first time something like that took place. But that's the typical scenario one can and should expect from such governments anyway. It's hilarious and very predictable.

While the girl is with God now, I can't imagine what the guy must be going through. Imagine hearing her screams of terror but being unable to do anything because he was so badly beaten up. He might have fainted, but her screams will no doubt be there in his mind. It's going to be something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

If I go with a girl to the cinema, I will take the responsibility to protect her no matter what for the length of the outing, even if we're just friends. But this guy was beaten up by a gang. What could we expect him to do?

This took place in a city. I can't imagine the nonsense that goes on in villages and rural areas. Do the women there just suffer in silence? While India gets a rape report every 18 hours, we can safely deduce that the actual number is much higher. The amount of rape cases that go unreported due to death threats and plain naivety must be pretty high, especially in villages.

A question that bugs me:

What happened to the bus driver? What was he doing?

Aum Namah Shivaya

CHOW MEIN BLAMED FOR RAPES BY CONGRESS PARTY LEADERS
    Haryana, Delhi Rape coverage tonight on AM Radio in USA

Namaste

I was listening to an AM “News Talk” radio show on the way back from an outing with my family, specifically the Gil Gross radio journalist who reports his commentary (with guests) the news to millions of Americans and the subject tonight was the rapes in Delhi as well as the rapes that have recently occurred in other areas of India as well. Obviously, he expressed the same concern as the members of the HDF also expressed.
    He then reports something which I simply at first could not believe what I was hearing.

That a local political leader (which Gil explained to the listening American audience is called a Khap Panchayat) says that the rapes which have occurred in Haryana are due to spicy Chinese Chow Mein. Gil Gross then starts to read various news articles to America on this claim, which not only was made by this Khap Panchayat called Jotemder Chhatar but was backed up by the Haryana Congress Chief Phool Chand Mullana.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing – quote “the Congress Chief says chow mein food causes hormonal imbalance which evokes the urge to rape”.
    My Lord and Devi, where do such idiots come from? What an embarrassment to India. As the radio host pointed out, first of all Chow Mein isn’t spicy, second of all it isn’t really “Chinese” since it was invented in San Francisco California by both Chinese and Italian fast food vendors to the gold rush 49ers, and thirdly it doesn’t cause rape.

So I just got home now, after India has been in the news to millions of Americans with such outrageous claims, to immediately check the internet.

I literally had to wash my eyes after reading what I was seeing. Check the internet yourself by searching "Chow Mein" and "Rape". These claims were actually made. And as the radio host Gil Gross also reported to millions, the Congress leaders including the Haryana Congress Chief as wella s the Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal had stated that the “growing rape cases were a conspiracy against the state government”.

Totally insanity. Is this the response to rape in Haryana?

And it is even worse still. Just as Gil Gross reported on AM radio to America, his report that a Congress leader named Dharamvir Goyat told the public “90% of the rape cases were consensual”.

Can someone please stuff the mouths of these Congress Party politicians before they embarrass India before the entire world?

Om Namah Sivaya

Vannakkam

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    local political leader says that the rapes which have occurred in Haryana are due to spicy Chinese Chow Mein.
    And Indian food contains nothing but bland-tasting herbs.

Most Indian rapists would be clueless about Chow Mein. They all grew up eating nothing but typical Indian food, which is of course, not spicy! . I'm amazed that of all people they accuse the Chinese for spicy food, when these people have always hated spicy food and most of their food aren't spicy at all, unless eaten with cut chilli.

My Lord and Devi
    LOL

the Congress leaders including the Haryana Congress Chief as wella s the Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal had stated that the “growing rape cases were a conspiracy against the state government”.
    Shows the extremes they can go to.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

If I understand the question correctly,
    There has been a general feeling that the legislative/executive branch, the judiciary and the law enforcement agencies have consistently failed to provide proper protection for women. This incident was a catalyst in bringing out the seething crowds in trying to force the powers to be to actually DO something instead of merely providing lip service.

Pranam.
    Ah, so it looks like the problem is that rape cases have rarely been prosecuted, right?

Namaste,

While the nation is busy doing some soul searching, it is business as usual for the ruling party politicians.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20902258

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

While the nation is busy doing some soul searching, it is business as usual for the ruling party politicians.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20902258

Pranam.
    If those villagers had guns, that politician would be dead.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Namaste,

It seems nobody came to help the victims after they were thrown out of the bus?

http://news.msn.com/world/indian-rap...s-lack-of-help

This is very bad this kind of apathy is a strong negative to India.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    Namaste,

It seems nobody came to help the victims after they were thrown out of the bus?

http://news.msn.com/world/indian-rap...s-lack-of-help

This is very bad this kind of apathy is a strong negative to India.
    If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure this phenomenon is not unique to India. There have been similar cases of apathy documented in the United States also, always in extremely crowded city environments.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure this phenomenon is not unique to India. There have been similar cases of apathy documented in the United States also, always in extremely crowded city environments.
    I agree. I have never visited other places beyond India (except for USA where I live) so do not know how people are, hence I'm not a good judge. Even in USA, don't know how people will react to such an incident in downtown Boston, for an example. To say even further, I don't know how I myself will react. I come from the heritage of Nallaan Chakravarthy - one of my forefathers - a devout Brahmin, cremated the body with full rites of a certain 'Nallaan' belonging to Harijan community 75 years ago, whose body came floating in the water. Owing to this good prarabhdha, I think I will react with utmost sympathy. Otherwise it is a challenging situation for anyone involved - they have to first know they themselves won't fall victim to crime by helping the victims, then have to cope up with police, law and so forth... but a truly noble soul, though aware of such trials and tribulations, will ignore them and act as per the call of the heart which will take to mercy. AND the good news is, every country has its share of them!
    Last edited by Viraja; 05 January 2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added 'every country has its share of them!'
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information