Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Is Brahman a Person?

Re: Is Brahman a Person?

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    [size="3"]I have no gut to descibe bramhan.
    How can i describe it even if vedas cant?
    In fact vedas have understood the bramhan. But they cant express it, they keep quite.
    I assume you mean "quiet."

Well, the veda (puruSha-sukta 20) says:

vEdAhamaEtam puruSHam mahAntam |
    AdityavarNam tamasaH parastAt |
    tamEvam vidvAnamReta iha bhavati |
    nAnyaH panthA vidya tEyanAya ||20||

I have realized the supreme puruSha, brilliant as the Solar hue and beyond the veil of darkness (mAya). Knowing Him thus, one will be liberated in this very life. There is no other way (for liberation) indeed.

Sounds rather "not quiet" to me....

But then, what do I know? I have a "dualistic mind" it seems....
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Regarding Maitreyopanishad's statement about how one should worship God (with the conviction) ‘He and I are one’.

That very statement ‘He and I are one’ presupposes the existence of duality because "He" is one and "I" is another one.
    So much about non-duality here.

regards

Namaste,
    one should worship lord krishna thinking self and bramhan are one.This is the authentic worship according to upanishada.

Maitreyopanishad :

II-2. The body is said to be the temple; the individual Self (Jiva) is Shiva alone. One should discard the faded flowers in the form of spiritual ignorance and worship God (with the conviction) ‘He and I are one’.

Hari govinda hari hari
    Namasthe,

You again skipped my last question.

You said the nirguna Brahman took the form, please explain why and how did it take the form ?

Did the nirguna Brahman willed to take a form or was that an accident?

I don't want your translations of shruthi, it is useless because you never care to do samanvaya with other seemingly contradicted statements.

Arrow Re: Is Brahman a Person?

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Regarding Maitreyopanishad's statement about how one should worship God (with the conviction) ‘He and I are one’.

That very statement ‘He and I are one’ presupposes the existence of duality because "He" is one and "I" is another one.
    So much about non-duality here.

regards
    Namaste,,
    Why you are neglecting maya due to which jiva falsely thinks that he is different from bramhan. As long as atma is in connection( just appearance) with maya, jiva can't think that he is same as bramhan. This is the trick of maya to see duality everywhere and delude jiva.

So all types of bhakti are within the field of maya only. And the pure devotion is something different where there is not a single effect of maya ( which is duality.)

Once Sri Rama asked Hanuman how he looked at him.

Hanuman Replied:

As a body, I am your das (servant) and you are my lord (master, prabhu)
    As a jiva, I am ansha (part) and you are whole (purNa)
    but from Tatva Jnana, hey RAma, I am you and you are me. We are not different.

Advaita talks from this third POV - Atma bhAva and not jiva bhava.

In advaita, there is no experiencer. So if you say that ‘I am experiencing unity’ , it is not ultimate state - advaita. You are still experiencing something, be it peace, bliss or oneness. Bramhan is beyond unity and multiplicity. Upanishadas say about unity only to discard plurality which is an illusion.

So i worship govinda in oneness with me. There is only one atma and he is my dearest lord krishna ji.

Hari govinda hari
    Hari On!

In advaita, there is no experiencer. So if you say that ‘I am experiencing unity’ , it is not ultimate state - advaita. You are still experiencing something, be it peace, bliss or oneness.
    How do you or any advaitin establish that "no experiencer" state? if it is not experienced as such then how is it known to you that such a state exists, is there any knower of that state..if no , then how do you say such state exists at all?

Don't you see any logical fallacies in your theory, don't just preach illogical things here, have a self check before you say so.

praNAm

Is Bramhan a Person? YES, certainly. If you say so.
    Is Bramhan Impersonal? YES, certainly. If you say so. If sat-existence, chit-knowledge, Anand-bliss is person-impersonal to you
    (tuja saguNa mhaNo ki nirguNa re?)

Bramhan is person-impersonal.
    Bramhan is impersonal-person.

Bramhan - can be AALLLLL that Bramhan happens to be, and can reject ALLLL that Bramhan happens to reject.

Comes in all kinds of forms i.e. In ABSOLUTELY ANY form Bramhan happens to come in.

Like today Bramhan has come to the world country city neighborhood as "GaNesh"
    Bramhan comes in any form and addresses the devotee as if they were ... as if Bramhan were ...
    Can hide whatever, and reveal whatever.

Is the FREEEST, the LOVLIEST, the MOST LOVING and alllllll that possibly is.
    Bramhan has no roles to play yet plays them.
    Bramhan is Beloved of Shri, but Shri is Bramhan.
    Bramhan is Beloved of Beloved.
    Bramhan is ...
    Bramhan is ...
    Bramhan is ahlieeasdjfksdjfksjfksfskjdfskdjfahskdjfaksdjfaksdjfaksdjfks aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa S S S aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

KANHAIYAA I LOVE YOU!!!!!! PLEASE STOP THESE GAMES... OR MAYBE DON'T, JUST CONTINUE.......
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
    Last edited by smaranam; 14 September 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    praNAm

Is Bramhan a Person? YES, certainly. If you say so.
    Is Bramhan Impersonal? YES, certainly. If you say so. If sat-existence, chit-knowledge, Anand-bliss is person-impersonal to you
    (tuja saguNa mhaNo ki nirguNa re?)

Bramhan is person-impersonal.
    Bramhan is impersonal-person.

Bramhan - can be AALLLLL that Bramhan happens to be, and can reject ALLLL that Bramhan happens to reject.

Comes in all kinds of forms i.e. In ABSOLUTELY ANY form Bramhan happens to come in.

Like today Bramhan has come to the world country city neighborhood as "GaNesh"
    The cheek Bramhan has to address the devotee as if they were ... as if Bramhan were ...
    Can hide whatever, and reveal whatever.

Is the FREEEST, the LOVLIEST, the MOST LOVING and alllllll that possibly is.
    Bramhan has no roles to play yet plays them.
    Bramhan is Beloved of Shri, but Shri is Bramhan.
    Bramhan is Beloved of Beloved.
    Bramhan is ...
    Bramhan is ...
    Bramhan is ahlieeasdjfksdjfksjfksfskjdfskdjfahskdjfaksdjfaksdjfaksdjfks aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa S S S aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

KANHAIYAA I LOVE YOU!!!!!! PLEASE STOP THESE GAMES... OR MAYBE DON'T, JUST CONTINUE.......
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
    Namaste smaranam.

Very nice!

Brahman is personal, impersonal, inter-personal, multi-personal, anti-personal...everything!

So, now that you know it...

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post

Namaste,

Thanks for the poster But why even chant anything at all?

Keep calm and chant OM
    Keep calm and ~ ~
    ~ ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste,

Thanks for the poster But why even chant anything at all?

Keep calm and chant OM
    Keep calm and ~ ~
    ~ ~
    Namaste.

I know right, but what's one to do? Chop wood, carry water?

Yeah, I realise the task takes on a whole new significance, but you can't keep on chopping wood and carrying water for the rest of your life, no?

So, that's where I am at....find me here.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information