Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream - Lakshmi/Saraswati?

Dream - Lakshmi/Saraswati?

I had a dream last night about Lakshmi with her owl. Although it looked like her, I had this feeling that it was Saraswati. I can't say why. Feeling isn't the right word, almost a kind of knowing. I dreamt Hanuman once in human form. There was the same instinctive knowing but I didn't have doubt or confusion as I do now. Usually things are a little more straight forward. I'm not sure how to direct my prayers.

Re: Dream - Lakshmi/Saraswati?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti29 View Post
    I had a dream last night about Lakshmi with her owl. Although it looked like her, I had this feeling that it was Saraswati. I can't say why. Feeling isn't the right word, almost a kind of knowing. I dreamt Hanuman once in human form. There was the same instinctive knowing but I didn't have doubt or confusion as I do now. Usually things are a little more straight forward. I'm not sure how to direct my prayers.
    Namaste,

Generally, the vehicle also gives info about the goddesses. So it should be Maa Laxmi. You may pray to either one. Each is capable of giving everything. Or maybe they are trying to convey the same thing that they both are manifestation of same divinity, like Half Shiva and Half Vishnu indicating that both are one and the same. That's why where may be a fusion of both. Sometimes you may not recognize face to the extend that you can distinguish between 3 goddesses.

dont worry one won't get angry of you, if you pray to another goddesses. Why? because they are Goddesses and not demonesses or ghosts.

Praying and dedication to one will also stabilize your mind.

EDIT:

One question: Was there a doubt about who is superior? or you had liking for one deity but thought that other deity is more appropriate to pray and the demand can be fulfilled by one one deity as it's under her control?

e.g. learning is connected with Maa Saraswati, but you personally like Maa Laxmi, so you may think it is better to pray to Maa Saraswati. This compromise and praying with doubt may have created a fusion of but goddesses.

Aum
    Indiaspirituality
    Last edited by Amrut; 27 December 2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: added lines after EDIT:
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

I know what Shanti29 is saying. I owe a prayer/prarthana of 108-conch shell abhishekam to goddess Karumariamma. In a very recent dream, there was a fisherwoman sitting next to me on a bus with a basket she uses for fishing - in the dream I KNEW she was Karumariamma although she was just a fisherwoman. In the dream, she asks me if I smell the fish in a dirty way and I tell her during half the trip 'No'. Then suddenly I change my stance and during some point of the bus journey with her, I tell her that I smell the fish and it was unbearable. For this, she says something to me and gets down and walks away, upon waking up, I could not make much of the dream as I did not remember what she told me, but it reminded me of the prarthana I owe to goddess Karumari and I decided to do that prarthana during my visit to India.

So there may be some long-forgotten prayers that may cause such dreams.
    Last edited by Viraja; 27 December 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    I know what Shanti29 is saying. I owe a prayer/prarthana of 108-conch shell abhishekam to goddess Karumariamma. In a very recent dream, there was a fisherwoman sitting next to me on a bus with a basket she uses for fishing - in the dream I KNEW she was Karumariamma although she was just a fisherwoman. In the dream, she asks me if I smell the fish in a dirty way and I tell her during half the trip 'No'. Then suddenly I change my stance and during some point of the bus journey with her, I tell her that I smell the fish and it was unbearable. For this, she says something to me and gets down and walks away, upon waking up, I could not make much of the dream as I did not remember what she told me, but it reminded me of the prarthana I owe to goddess Karumari and I decided to do that prarthana during my visit to India.

So there may be some long-forgotten prayers that may cause such dreams.
    This made me smile. You had a really nice dream. My favourite dreams are the ones with conversation. I'm sure you and Goddess Karumariamma had a nice long talk but a lot of it isn't for us to remember. Is fish associated with Karumariamma or are fishermen and women particularly fond of her? I was unfamiliar with this form of the goddess but her Storam is beautiful.
    A couple years ago, I dreamt Hanuman as a saffron clad holy man. He stood on a bridge over a body of water. He was mad at something I'd done. I've always wondered if it wasn't just a dream and he had taken birth somewhere on earth. Was he on a bridge to a new Lanka?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality View Post
    Namaste,
    Generally, the vehicle also gives info about the goddesses. So it should be Maa Laxmi. You may pray to either one. Each is capable of giving everything. Or maybe they are trying to convey the same thing that they both are manifestation of same divinity, like Half Shiva and Half Vishnu indicating that both are one and the same. That's why where may be a fusion of both. Sometimes you may not recognize face to the extend that you can distinguish between 3 goddesses.
    dont worry one won't get angry of you, if you pray to another goddesses. Why? because they are Goddesses and not demonesses or ghosts.
    Praying and dedication to one will also stabilize your mind.
    I think if it were just Lakshmi I would have have felt anything else or be confused.
    I know there's the option of praying to both but I asked since a particular God or Goddess' form gives me insight in to a particular situation and I wil know how to respond accordingly.
    I know they won't get angry.
    Last Divali Laskmi appeared as Shakti Maa so I'm not sure that she was trying to convey that they are manifestations of the same divinity. There hasn't been any doubt in my mind about this.
    I don't if I'm over thinking things but thank you for you response.

That's a wonderful dream. Thanks for sharing with us. I think there was a thread about Lakshmi devi with Her ulluka (owl) vaahana. A couple of links to some very beautiful pictures were posted. Take a look.
    Last edited by ShriBala; 11 April 2013 at 08:05 PM.

I think if it were just Lakshmi I would have have felt anything else or be confused.
    I know there's the option of praying to both but I asked since a particular God or Goddess' form gives me insight in to a particular situation and I wil know how to respond accordingly.
    I know they won't get angry.
    Last Divali Laskmi appeared as Shakti Maa so I'm not sure that she was trying to convey that they are manifestations of the same divinity. There hasn't been any doubt in my mind about this.
    I don't if I'm over thinking things but thank you for you response.
    Thank you for considering my opinion.

Thank you @Shanti29 and @Aspirant01 for sharing divine experience with us.

Please accept my pranams !

Aum
    Indiaspirituality
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by ShriBala View Post
    Shanti. That's a wonderful dream. Thanks for sharing with us. I think there was a thread about Lakshmi devi with Her ulluka (owl) vahaana. A couple of links to some very beautiful pictures were posted. Take a look.

That would be this thread.
    "What was, what is, what will be: I am That." -from Bāṣkalamantra Upaniṣad

This made me smile. You had a really nice dream. My favourite dreams are the ones with conversation. I'm sure you and Goddess Karumariamma had a nice long talk but a lot of it isn't for us to remember. Is fish associated with Karumariamma or are fishermen and women particularly fond of her? I was unfamiliar with this form of the goddess but her Storam is beautiful.
    A couple years ago, I dreamt Hanuman as a saffron clad holy man. He stood on a bridge over a body of water. He was mad at something I'd done. I've always wondered if it wasn't just a dream and he had taken birth somewhere on earth. Was he on a bridge to a new Lanka?
    I believe the way god represents himself/herself in our dreams may have something to do with our own natal astrological charts and the configuration of the 9th house in it that shows god. I do not know astrology much to speak in length about this but I have been in and around browsing various astrological fora that made me come to this logical conclusion. For example, in my own 9th house I have Sun in a 'debility status' in a female sign associated with the planet Rahu through star-lordship and conjunct Mercury. This makes me think this configuration represents Karumariamma who was worshipped as a 'Kula-devata' in my maternal home (although the original kula-devata was Tirupathi Balaji) and due to the debility status of Sun, she presents herself in my dream as a woman from a much debilitated strata of the society - a fisherwoman. This is just my understanding, and I'm chasing many Jyotish gurujis to find out if this is correct . But my instincts tell me this could be right as 9th house also corresponds to the dream - the dreamer and so forth. I urge you to take a deep look at your 9th house too - maybe it has strong association with Saturn/Mars showing Hanuman? (this planet configuration for Hanuman was something I learnt way long ago from some Jyotish site).

You have asked if Hanuman could have taken a human birth elsewhere... possibly . We all do not know how many forms the divine represents itself on land and how many incarnations are needed to fulfill its mission. Sometime back, I read a book 'Maha Bhakta Vijayam' in Tamil - in one of the story - that of Kabirdas (sorry if incorrect) - first he takes to worshipping/pleasing Hanuman as he believes Hanuman will take him to Rama. Thus he comes to know there is a upanyas several streets ahead in his own town where a household conducted ramayana discourses every week and that Hanuman comes there to attend regularly, disguised as a Brahman. So Kabir goes there, identifies the Brahmin and salutes him - Hanuman reveals him his form! And blesses him with Rama vision too! So we do not know what Hanuman is trying to convey to you in your dream, maybe a very logical interpretation such as 'worship me to go fast in your spiritual path' as he was clad in saffron!

Hope this info was little-bit helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality View Post
    Thank you @Shanti29 and @Aspirant01 for sharing divine experience with us.

Please accept my pranams !

Aum
    Indiaspirituality
    Thank you, Indiaspirituality ! BTW I admire your insightful posts!

Thread Information