Thread: Hello from England :-)

Hello from England :-)

Namaste & Hail everyone,

Please let me introduce myself to you and tell you a little bit about myself and my reasons for joining this forum:

I am a devotee of the Divine Mother and practicioner of Forn Sidr (i.e. the indigenous religion of Northern Europe) which I deeply believe to be the North European expression of the Vedic Ur-religion!
    My passion is the comparative study of Indo-Germanic religious commonalities; and I hope -one day- to write a book about this.
    I have joined this forum to learn more about Sanatana Dharma: not only for research for my book, but also as a genuine practitioner.

I will try describe myself in a nutshell: I'm a Mother & wife; I'm a deeply spiritual person – a pantheist & polytheist; I'm deeply devoted to the Divine Mother and am an environmentalist; I have a deep affection & fascination for animals and am a strong supporter of Animal Rights; I'm a dog & cat -owner and about to make one of my strongest interests -the relationship between human & dog- into a day-job; I love & need being outside -especially at the seaside- and hate being cooped up inside all day; my passion is the comparative study of Indo-Germanic/European religions; my hobby is Kung Fu.
    I'm a native German who emigrated to England in 2006.

I describe my religious path as follows: Mystic Northern Tradition -- combining pantheism, Goddess-religion & polytheism; in a Norse / Germanic context and based on Indo-Germanic religious commonalities.

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to ask questions.
    (However we are in the process of moving house soon, so please bear with me if my answer may take some time.)

Best wishes & Wassail (which means 'health' and all the best) – Capricorn

Re: Hello from England :-)

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for that intro.

Please be advised that this is a Hindu forum where we mostly discuss different aspects of Hinduism and NOT comparative religions. So, it would be proper to take/give whatever about Hinduism from/to the forum and then discuss its commonalities to whatever you believe in outside the forum. Based on my experience here, following that guideline will create the least amount of acrimony.

Pranam.

Namasté Capricorn,

welcome to the forums.
    I'm from Germany as well...

Best wishes and love & blessings,

Sanja
    **Jai Shree Krishna** जय श्री कृष्ण[

They live in wisdom who see themselves in all, and all in them.

Thank you for the welcome

Hi Believer,
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for that intro.

Please be advised that this is a Hindu forum where we mostly discuss different aspects of Hinduism and NOT comparative religions. So, it would be proper to take/give whatever about Hinduism from/to the forum and then discuss its commonalities to whatever you believe in outside the forum. Based on my experience here, following that guideline will create the least amount of acrimony.

Pranam.
    Yes, this was my intent anyway: I'm here to learn about Hinduism and use that knowledge for my book on commonalities. I will be more reading than posting in any case - but thought it would be nice to say 'hello' rather than just be a lurker

Hallo Sanja, schoen dich hier zu treffen Alles Gute!

Best wishes -- Capricorn

Thread Information